2014 ecodiesels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 ecodiesels

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
bpbpimajeep14

2014 ecodiesels

I just wanted to start a thread for just ecodiesels. I want to know if everyone loves there's as much as I do mine. I have 16500k of trouble free operation , I love the torque of the diesel and mileage. I have averaged about 9.8L/100km over the life of it so far. That is mostly highway and it has been winter up in Alberta the entire time I have owned it. My JGC is an overland white on black and I love it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

bpbpimajeep14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
ferntree

2014 WK 

Yip - 1600 miles so far and absolutely brilliant. It's also way quicker than it has any right to be for it's size and weight, and I expect that it will only continue to improve as it gets more miles on board. These engines will probably need 5 -10,000 miles before starting to free up. Already on longer trips we get 29-30 mpg and 21-23mpg when towing.

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
FreakyK
2014 WK 

I love mine as well, other than the issues I had with the fuel tank and cv boot. Hope when I get it back I will have no further issues with it. Got about 2300km on it in three weeks I owned it and have been averaging between 9-11 L/100km depending if the the time between fill ups was only city driving or combined city/highway.
FreakyK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
Tweezer19
2014 WK 

Greetings, new forum member here. I am considering putting an order in for my first Jeep, a 2014 JGC Overland Diesel, this week but after finally reading some of these forum posts I'm getting concerned about the quality issues. It seems to be coming from the gasoline models if I'm understanding it. Is this right? Apparently, there are no Overland Diesels with ORAII package so it would be a new manufacturer build. I'm wondering if I should I wait until the 2015 models are out or if the new build this late in the production season will have all the kinks worked out. I was stoked to put the order in this week but now I'm nervous.
Tweezer19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
SouthDakota
Jeep Owner Since 2006

2014 WK 

I believe I read in other threads that the order banks for 2014 models are now closed. You will have to wait for the 2015 models, which should be order-able in June, unless you find what you are looking for on a lot somewhere.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
5.7L Hemi V8, Luxury Group II, Navigation
SouthDakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
ferntree

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweezer19 View Post
Greetings, new forum member here. I am considering putting an order in for my first Jeep, a 2014 JGC Overland Diesel, this week but after finally reading some of these forum posts I'm getting concerned about the quality issues. It seems to be coming from the gasoline models if I'm understanding it. Is this right? Apparently, there are no Overland Diesels with ORAII package so it would be a new manufacturer build. I'm wondering if I should I wait until the 2015 models are out or if the new build this late in the production season will have all the kinks worked out. I was stoked to put the order in this week but now I'm nervous.
Relax - these are superb vehicles. Yes there have been some issues with very few vehicles and unfortunately people generally use forums like this to vent about problems rather than to praise a manufacturer when they get things right, but in percentage terms I think you would find that there are no more bugs than with any other manufacturer. Lastly, don't forget the Ecodiesel models have been available outside of the US for quite a long time now.

As to sourcing a new one, you may well have to do what we did and order with the factory, although you will now be stuck between model years so you may have to wait a while - it will be worth it, in my very humble opinion. Best of luck with your search!

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #7
Tweezer19
2014 WK 

Good points ferntree. I appreciate the feedback.
Unread 04-27-2014, 08:12 PM   #8
fun2drive

Have a few miles on mine 3000 and had a minor alignment done and will get the fuel door addressed later but other than that it has been excellent. Average over that distance is down to 25.6mpg because of a lot of local driving. On the hiway it is an honest 28 plus mpg. I love driving this vehicle and Jeep has a wonderful vehicle here. I like the Overland because of the air suspension is so good. I would suggest driving one with springs and air suspension and decide what works better for you. I like a firm ride and the air suspension gives me that while soaking up bumps much better than my 13 Outback which I like a lot as well...
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #9
bpbpimajeep14

I'm glad to see lots of positive things on here. Usually all you see is the negative posts about people having problems when that is only a small amount of the actual people that own one. I can't wait for there to be some aftermarket things to wake up the little VM. I too also love the air suspension coming from a DD 3500 Ram that I use for work and also the class 8 trucks I drive this thing feels like I'm on a pillow driving around.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
bpbpimajeep14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #10
Tweezer19
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthDakota View Post
I believe I read in other threads that the order banks for 2014 models are now closed. You will have to wait for the 2015 models, which should be order-able in June, unless you find what you are looking for on a lot somewhere.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken.
They're still taking orders through dealerships, FYI. I just placed mine tonight for an Overland Ecodiesel. I couldn't find one with ORA I & Tow Group or ORA II. Now the agony of waiting.
Unread 04-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #11
mrchris42

Glad to hear others with positive experiences. We went to pick up our new one about 5+ hours away, and noticed a small ding in the door during the walk-through. On the way to the dealer body shop the fuel regulator went out. The part is on back order with month+ being given for the wait. Totally bummed, and hoping this will be a small glitch for the life of the GC. The 2 mile test drive was really nice though
mrchris42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 11:28 PM   #12
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchris42 View Post
The 2 mile test drive was really nice though
The first 6100 miles on mine were great too.... Until the injector pump went out. Good luck with your purchase.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #13
LazyDriver
2014 WK 

I have about 12,000km on mine. Averaged about 9.5L/100km in Jan-Feb. Averaging about 9.0L/100km in Mar-Apr. I averaged about 8.5L/100km during couple of weeks in early Apr when the temperature stayed above 10C most of the days.

I will be towing a 7,000lb trailer tomorrow, and looking forward to see the mileage of that tow, should be better than what I get with my half ton.
LazyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #14
onebluemcm
2014 WK 

Just over 5k miles on ours, not a single glitch so far. It's a keeper in my mind. Great combo of power and economy. Looking forward to products Banks Power is developing for it. Might be real interesting, they are certainly looking forward to business from the Ram application, which will probably be many more units than in the GC platform. Hopefully we will also benefit. The initial R&D going on right now is on a JGC even though I'm sure Banks is counting on more business from the Ram owning crowd, so I'm hopeful.

570 miles on the last tank with mostly city driving and ~2 - 2.5 gallons left in the tank at fill up. The "fuel low" light comes on much earlier than in the previous gas V6 JGC we had, probably because it's so bad to run a diesel out of fuel. I haven't figured it out yet, but I'm guessing when the low fuel light comes on there from 3-4 gallons in the tank, maybe as much as 5. I just need to fill it up as soon as the light comes on to see.
Unread 04-29-2014, 10:08 PM   #15
FreakyK
2014 WK 

Even though I had two glitches on my Gc so far, (hoping there would be none more,) I love it very much. Though it stood in the shop for about a month and I only owned it it two months, I would not easily give it up unless it turns out to be a lemon, which as a technician I do understand all manufacturers can have some. With 10-11 l/100km city and not thinking yet once, man this needs more power, compared to my old ride which had more power but less torque and averaging 18 l/100km this last winter. That being a lighter vehicle with a smaller engine and the manufacturer telling me its normal, Im a happy camper. The problems Ive had has all been what could have been on any of the available models, and none with the diesel engine. The company I work for have been using the same transmission for a couple of years so far, and have not have had too many problems. I have not really heard anything bad from the other manufacturers using ZF transmissions having major problems with them yet.
FreakyK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.