2014 Eco Diesel in limp mode - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Eco Diesel in limp mode

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 12-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #31
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC4stroker View Post
Don't be too influenced by forums. Most here have questions about problems and post about their problems no matter how big or small.

Exactly! On another forum someone said that people don't come to forums to say "Hey my (car, truck, motorcycle) is running great today"! They come with problems!

Good luck with the fix!

caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #32
diesel_dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddydaddy
Exactly! On another forum someone said that people don't come to forums to say "Hey my (car, truck, motorcycle) is running great today"! They come with problems! Good luck with the fix!
Traveled around 250 miles over the holidays so far. I currently have 900 miles on the GC diesel and it is running great today :-)
diesel_dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
NC4stroker
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_dice View Post
Traveled around 250 miles over the holidays so far. I currently have 900 miles on the GC diesel and it is running great today :-)
1800 miles in 20 days and all is fantastic!!!!!!
NC4stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #34
notoriousMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC4stroker

Don't be too influenced by forums. Most here have questions about problems and post about their problems no matter how big or small.

I'm a member of the Shelby forum and the Cummins forum. It's the same on every automotive forum.....problems seem to abound. Problems, and therefore people seeking solutions, are the very nature of automotive forums.
I know that there are two sides to every story and then there is the truth. However different forums are all reporting the same issues. I think I'll wait a while before sinking 50 grand into a potential headache.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
notoriousMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #35
NC4stroker
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousMR View Post
I know that there are two sides to every story and then there is the truth. However different forums are all reporting the same issues. I think I'll wait a while before sinking 50 grand into a potential headache.

Certainly your prerogative, and I respect anyone's decisions on how they spend money for sure.

In talking to my family member, who is a Jeep/Ram diesel tech, the 3.0 is a proven motor, with nothing to fear.

As for all the "my cruise this, radio that, this and that clunks".....that'll be everywhere on the net as long as cars are being built. It's kinda like living by electronics, and dying by electronics.

My 86 CJ never has issues with any systems. Know why?? There are no systems, electronics, nav, or even doors to worry about!!
NC4stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #36
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousMR View Post

Yeah, you want to feel comfortable with your purchase. If you want to get a real scare, check out the other forums on $50,000 to $100,000 vehicles. You may never buy another vehicle period

Folks here are either enthusiast looking to get the most out of their Jeep.... or folks with problems. You never hear from the other ~95% that either do not have any issue, are not enthusiasts, or don't bother with forums.....
Unread 12-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #37
notoriousMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase

Yeah, you want to feel comfortable with your purchase. If you want to get a real scare, check out the other forums on $50,000 to $100,000 vehicles. You may never buy another vehicle period

Folks here are either enthusiast looking to get the most out of their Jeep.... or folks with problems. You never hear from the other ~95% that either do not have any issue, are not enthusiasts, or don't bother with forums.....
So true when the vehicle is operating as it should you don't hear much about it. So far my 12 JGC Overland has been almost perfect for almost 20k.

notoriousMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #38
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_dice View Post
Glad to hear! My car is falling apart, maybe I should get a Jeep!
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #39
teandersen
2014 WK 

Stats and comments on 2014 Limited Pentastar loaner

While I am anxiously awaiting the return of my Eco-Diesel with a new harness, I thought I would share my first 1,500 miles with the gasoline cousin loaner. The fuel has averaged 22mpg including a trip down to VA from CT and back (I drive around 1,000 per week). I still miss the diesel with its more bells and whistles, more torque, better mileage and distinct sound. The gasoline version is really pretty nice and while I have lots of miles in Hemi GCs, I'm thinking that the better mileage is not a bad trade for the torque and sound there. At times the 8 speed transmission ran in 6th on the highway under very little load and I suspect there might be a little programming issue there but other than that, it is a pretty nice vehicle...
teandersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #40
teandersen
2014 WK 

I got my Jeep back today without a limp

To Chrysler's credit, the wiring harness arrived from Italy about 3 weeks earlier than the original estimate and the dealer installed it right away. I am now driving the diesel again after a few thousand miles in the gasoline version. I was told that the problem was the result of a poorly formed connector (C2, cavity 38) which necessitated replacement of the engine wiring harness. Code was P02E8-00 plus 2 other codes P0299 and U1424.

All in all, I think I have been treated very well and am pleased to be back in the diesel.

I will keep you posted on the success of the repair.
teandersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #41
jaje
2007 WK 

That's good news. I'm trying to convince the wife to trade up to the new diesel from the CRD and want you early adopters to pave the way for me
#74 Exocet - NASA ST3 / E0
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #42
somewhereinla

I sought I would add a few pointers to this thread which might be helpful to some:

Like most of the people who bought an ecodiesel, the DEF tank was only 1/3 full. The dealer wanted to charge me for a fill-up. Since I didn't take delivery of the car the day I bought it, I called jeep customer service and asked them. It seems that there is confusion on who is responsible for topping up the tank. According to jeep it is up to the dealers. However, in the little "tips" book that comes with every ecodiesel, mine was located in the center arm rest, it says that all ecodiesel are delivered with a full tank of DEF. After showing the paragraph to the dealer, they filled it up for free.

My second point is on the regen. In past modern Diesel engines, regen is an invisible process, meaning driver do not know when it is happening, you didn't even think about it or know about it for that matter. What is different with the ecodiesel, is that jeep for some reason, decided to let you know when it is happening, and because diesel is so new in the US ( in cars ), a lot of new diesel owners think there is a problem, or a potential one. There isn't. You jeep will regen sooner or later, no need to freak-out.
Diesel engines and they catalyst systems are very strong and proven, they will outlast any gas engine for sure. Most problems I have read about have been electrical not mechanical...I am thrill to see diesel coming the our country, and so far I have been very happy with mine. Like driving a v8 that does 30mpg how cool is that?
somewhereinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #43
JamuJoe
2014 WK 

RE: Limp Mode. I once had to drive >80 miles from Hot Springs to Ft Smith Arkansas with my 08 Overland CRD in limp mode due to a common rail fuel pressure sensor failure @85,000 miles. Very hilly country, and I was towing our 6000 lb. Airstream! I took it easy, and notified the dealer in Ft. Smith to have a tow truck on standby in case we needed it. We made it just fine. The service manager jumped right on the problem, but had to order the part with overnight delivery. The found a quiet spot on the back lot for us to park our Airstream, and we spent the night in our most unusual campground ever.

I'm extremely pleased with our new Overland Diesel with the Advanced Technology and Offroad II Packages. The Select Terrain (Snow) is awesome in the snow and ice here in Durango. The Quadra Lift will eliminate the need for the 2" lift that I did on the 08, while providing amazingly solid and flat cornering. I can't wait to hook up the Airstream for our first tow.
Unread 01-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #44
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

interesting that Jeep made the regen visible to the customer...that bucks the general trend of Mercedes, VW, BMW, etc. Generally the less lights you show the driver the better.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #45
JamuJoe
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
interesting that Jeep made the regen visible to the customer...that bucks the general trend of Mercedes, VW, BMW, etc. Generally the less lights you show the driver the better.
Agree. I drove my 08 Overland CRD for 106,000 mi without knowing when it did a regen, or even what the oil temp or trans temp were. Now that I have the oil and trans temp data, I want to know more about the design operating ranges, especially when I begin towing our Airstream this summer. I did not receive any indication of the first regen with our new Overland Diesel, but did notice a sweet popcorny smell when we parked it in the garage. Don't know if I interrupted the process or not, but that was 400 miles ago and I've noticed nothing since. All systems go and working well!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.