2014 Diesel Grand cherokee release information - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Diesel Grand cherokee release information

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #16
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Just what I need, something else to think about waiting for. Anyone have any idea how much a diesel will add to the sticker on a WK2?

MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #17
padgett
2012 WK 

Looking at the Austrailian Jeep site, the V6 Laredo is $49,000au and the diesel $54,299au or $5,299 difference. Since at the moment the AU is worth more than the US, that is U$5,473.34 more for the diesel.

One of these is a turbo diesel.
Unread 10-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #18
pschofie
2012 WK 

The Jeep is also hit with a luxury car tax, we also have a 10 % GST on everything and import duties to protect our local and hopelessly ineffective local car industry.

And to top it all off we now have a bloody carbon (dioxide) tax
pschofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #19
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Question is

Can you pass an emissions test with piss inject inactive???? Does it throw a code? And sorry I am no green but I really dont want to throw out a bunch carcinogens into the air. I am also guessing it will cause big problems with your warranty especially the emissions one which goes to a 100K.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #20
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Willing to bet with lead times for car mags they all have one for testing and are finishing up on the gas powered versions. They will probably get a diesel powered one in Dec/Jan. Jan issue of C&D will be in mail boxes the last week of Nov beginning of Dec.

Look around and see what average cost difference is between a gas and diesel for Ford, Chevy and Ram for their HD pick ups and use the percentage increase average for a rough estimate as to the cost difference. I dont think the difference will be $1 to $2K. I would guess around $4k maybe $5k which will make it difficult to amortize the cost back in 5-7 years.
Unread 10-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #21
padgett
2012 WK 

"carbon (dioxide) tax " - can a breathing tax be far off ? What do we exhale (besides lunch) ?

My point was a U$5,400 MSRP premium for the diesel over the V6. Since it will need more radiator, electrics, and the xx70 trans, would expect the same here.

Unread 10-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #22
yoda42
2011 WK 

In Aus the diesel is the same price as the hemi, so you need to compare it to the hemi when doing your figures
Had the CRD for 12 months now and LOVE it
Drives better than a petrol, so quite you don't even know its a diesel
Faster than the hemi, and uses less fuel than the V6 petrol
There is only one reason to get the hemi, exhaust sound
But I'll take the better drivability, better tow performance, and way less fuel use
CRD is the only way to go 😎

Yoda

ps No piss tank here in Aus or in Europe
Unread 10-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #23
f1anatic

I stopped by a dealership yesterday - the same one that in September dissed me off by attempting at any costs to sell me one off the lot and kept telling me of pipe dreams of European cars and that diesel would never come to America. A month and a half later, yesterday, they told me that there will be an ordering list - perhaps as early as next month for the Jeep and the 2014 Viper.
f1anatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #24
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Thanks padgett.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #25
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Just wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
"carbon (dioxide) tax " - can a breathing tax be far off ? What do we exhale (besides lunch) ?

My point was a U$5,400 MSRP premium for the diesel over the V6. Since it will need more radiator, electrics, and the xx70 trans, would expect the same here.

Soon you will be taxed for passing gas. Actually this isnt far from reality since the far left and especially the vegan community want to use methane production by livestock as a way to end the large scale commercial production of beef and lamb. So fart more and encourage your livestock to pass more gas. Piss off a green. They want to price a steak out of the reach of normal working Americans! Global warming has reached a plateau.
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #26
Jason911
2008 WK 

Paitently waiting for the 2014 WK2 crd. Being a owner of a late '08 crd and loving it, I can only hope the '14 will be as good or better. Just hope the new diesels will be availabile in all trim levels(secretly wishing for a Trailhawk CRD). 46k on mine currently and zero problems, 22 city avg/25 highway avg.
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #27
padgett
2012 WK 

Does the Diesel in OZ qualify as a Fuel Efficient Vehicle ? Might be why the Hemi costs the same.

Unread 10-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #28
ferntree

2014 WK 

I would be surprised if the US spec has a piss tank. The new euro-spec common rail diesels are amazingly clean. When ours is running in the garage you can't even smell that it is a diesel.

Plus the Euro specs have a selection of power chips available and they make a huge difference to performance.

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #29
oH2o

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferntree View Post
I would be surprised if the US spec has a piss tank.
Urea Injection for the U.S. models.
oH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #30
pschofie
2012 WK 

No the diesel here is just priced the same as the Hemi because the market is conditioned to pay more for diesels, diesel fuel here is also more expensive than petrol (gas)

I weighed up the options and drive both, I chose the Hemi Overland and I just love it.

I have owned over 20 diesel SUV's over the years and was ready for a change. I am sure the people who buy the diesel love it, and I am sure it gets better mileage than the Hemi, but the Maintence costs are higher and the engine was just too new for my liking.
pschofie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.