JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   2014 antenna on 2012? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/2014-antenna-2012-a-1520112/)

boyvan 05-07-2013 04:36 PM

2014 antenna on 2012?
 
I found few threads discussing shark fins and stubby antennas but not about swapping 2014 antenna on 2012.

So my question is if I can put 2014 antenna on 2012? I think 2014s have shark fin from the pics I have seen. I donít want to compromise reception as this is not just a cosmetic change. Someone told me that his GC antenna broke going through a car wash.

Can someone also tell me if they noticed any changes (better or worse) after installing shark fin antenna?
Thx.

fwdjeep 05-07-2013 07:36 PM

I have a MY13 and the first thng i dd was order a shark fin antenna

Have not seen or noticed an loss of reception

BobsWK2 05-07-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyvan (Post 15402100)
I found few threads discussing shark fins and stubby antennas but not about swapping 2014 antenna on 2012.

So my question is if I can put 2014 antenna on 2012? I think 2014s have shark fin from the pics I have seen. I don’t want to compromise reception as this is not just a cosmetic change. Someone told me that his GC antenna broke going through a car wash.

Can someone also tell me if they noticed any changes (better or worse) after installing shark fin antenna?
Thx.

The 2014's have a new electrical system and I read where it will not work on prior year WK2's.

boyvan 05-07-2013 08:19 PM

Oh ok.Thx. I thought antenna is not affected by different electrical system but I guess I was wrong. I will look for after market fin. Is there anything I should look for? Local company which is mentioned in other forums sell it for $80 Canadian. On ebay I saw similar fin from a reputable seller for $20. Why such a big difference?

Berk483 05-08-2013 09:46 AM

I ordered from Visual Garage...great to work with, fast service and the paint matches perfectly. So far so good with reception.

LibGrandCher 05-08-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berk483 (Post 15405371)
I ordered from Visual Garage...great to work with, fast service and the paint matches perfectly. So far so good with reception.

I might have missed it.
I didn't see jeep listed in the brand chart.
How did you get a jeep gin from Visual Garage.
Thanks.

Dabitz 05-08-2013 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sent them an email and within minutes they sent me a Paypal invoice.
Attachment 624454

Berk483 05-08-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabitz (Post 15406661)
I sent them an email and within minutes they sent me a Paypal invoice.
Attachment 624454


That's what I did as well and their response was quite fast as well.


The time now is 09:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.