2014 Altitude Info - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Altitude Info

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #46
nyrhockey23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjreiland View Post
Agreed, traded in a paid off Saturn Outlook and took home some cash in addition to the deal. Really wanted the Altitude, it literally was coming off the truck when I got there.
and the dealer really wanted to give it to you with the deal they got.

nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #47
spkcadet

The lack of options on the Altitude is why I didnt go with it. I really wish they would have included more options on it because I would have gotten one. Not a fan of all of the chrome that comes on the Summit to be honest.
spkcadet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #48
crooza172

I put zero down and leased mine for 448 a month including nav and tow package. Walked with a fat check for my trade. .residual value is 22k which I will purchase for when lease it is up. It is stupid to put money down on a lease. Do you prepay your rent?
crooza172 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #49
mjreiland
2014 WK 

To each his own. I guess you could say renting is stupid too?
mjreiland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2014, 06:39 AM   #50
audioserf
2012 WK 

It's a shame how much they de-optioned the 14 Altitudes.
audioserf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #51
pgofman
2014 WK 

Just drove my altitude off the lot an hour ago. Love it. Lack of backup camera is an issue for me. While discussing it with different people in the dealership, the sales people just kept telling me no camera availability on the altitude and no way to do it factory (I was skeptical since I read this thread and others last night). Once I got to the business/finance guy in back and asked him about it he told me that it wasn't included in the '14 altitude (and other various Chrysler models) due to a supply issue from the manufacturer of one of the parts of the camera setup. Apparently, Chrysler had an issue sourcing some of the components of the rear view camera and just left it out of certain '14 models across the board. Since there are some people that may have it here on their '14 altitudes, those either must be dealer installed aftermarket ones (that do NOT use the Uconnect screen) or their dealers got their hands on a park-view setup from the factory and dealer installed it. The business manager said that if I wanted to order the part from a parts department I would probably wait for weeks (and his wouldn't do it), due to that supply issue. But most likely it can be done. Maybe the supply issue will be fixed and we will all be able to freely get it installed eventually. All in all, if the finance manager was on point and truthful then its out there. We just need to find the part number of the harness, setup, and video camera and then have it activated on our screens. Hopefully the dealer that will install it will do the unlock.

What are everyones thoughts?
pgofman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #52
ZX-10R
2014 WK 

The Limited is the best choice.
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #53
pgofman
2014 WK 

Has anyone installed the navigation? How long did it take at the dealership? What was the out the door price?
Unread 06-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #54
justabigkid617
2014 WK 

Been waiting and watching the boards for a while waiting on my Altitude to make it in. Going on 3 months now, Dealership had a heck of a time locating me one. I got the window sticker today from them supposed to be in on the 4th of July. Dealer mentioned something to me over the phone about backup camera and 9 speaker stereo. I was skeptical until I saw the window sticker. Looks like they have seen the error in their ways by de-optioning the Altitudes. I had seen on an another board that numerous options are going to be added for MY15, it's looking like the late MY14's have options as well. Cautiously optimistic
image.jpeg

justabigkid617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2014, 07:43 AM   #55
pgofman
2014 WK 

justabigkid617 thanks for posting that. did you actually take this particular car home? In my shopping around I found a dealership with an altitude just like this, including the parkview options. I didnt buy it there because they werent giving me a good deal. The dealership I made the purchase at told me what I was seeing was an aftermarket dealers install and not a factory chrysler rear view camera. I am curious if this car with the sticker in your post has the factory setup or an aftermarket setup through the uconnect screen. I am currently looking for a dealership that will install this part. Alot of them are having trouble sourcing the part for the install.
Unread 07-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #56
justabigkid617
2014 WK 

PGOFMAN, I just picked up my Altitude today and can confirm that the backup camera is factory specs, with the park view and that the 9 speaker surround factory as well with the surround sound. Worth the 3 month wait to get it with Late model year options that will be on the MY15.
justabigkid617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #57
RiddlerLS1

Is there a link to all the changes for the altitude model or options added. I would love to puck one up if the ORAii package was available.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
RiddlerLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2014, 09:24 PM   #58
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

wk2jeeps.com has the info laid out, but you may need to work a bit to mine the data to extract what you are looking for.
Unread 07-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #59
BigD6765
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Gray Altitude purchase over Memorial Day

I got one over the holiday weekend... Like others, I wish it had a better stereo and the backup camera from the factory. I hadn't seen any with the factory options like the picture above...or I might have waited. At any rate, it's a great ride so no complaints. First long road trip netted me 26mpg traveling around 71-73 mph most of the way. I've been getting 20.5mpg back and forth to work with about 60% highway.

I really like it so far. But, I've been driving a 1997 K1500 for the last 17 years so any ride improvement might make me feel that way...
BigD6765 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2014, 06:10 AM   #60
smljeep
2014 WK 

What is the differences between a Limited and the Altitude once you add the back up camera etc other than the black wheels?

Building high performance custom homes at Smith Mt. lake, VA!
www.PDandM.com
smljeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.