2014 Altitude Info - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Altitude Info

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #1
ajschulz84

2014 Altitude Info

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking about ordering a 2014 Grand Cherokee Altitude ... I have a few questions and my local dealership does not seem to know very much about them when I called to inquire about it.

1. Can navigation be added to the factory Uconnect screen? (If you had it done how much did the dealership charge you?)

2. Can the factory backup camera be added to the factory Uconnect screen? (If you had it done how much did the dealership charge you?)

3. If you have a 14' Altitude please post some pics for me to see because my local dealership has not had any in so I have not got to see it in person

4. If you have a 14' Altitude please let me know your review and things you have added or recommend adding to the stock vehicle

THANKS!

- A.J.

ajschulz84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
mugsy1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofsteel View Post
1. Yes ...List is 595 and I paid 520
2. Yes ...I'm in the process of installing it myself. End cost should be under $300
3. Pics can be seen here. http://www.**********.org/f110/mofst...ead-73092.html
4. See thread with info.
what are u using to install camera ? i want to put 1 in my altitude
mugsy1119 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
ajschulz84

Thanks for the info!
Unread 05-05-2014, 06:08 PM   #4
tiny17

1. Can navigation be added to the factory Uconnect screen? (If you had it done how much did the dealership charge you?)
able to confirm?
I've heard a few reports of the dealer enabling it for a $500ish.

2. Can the factory backup camera be added to the factory Uconnect screen? (If you had it done how much did the dealership charge you?)

My understanding is that there are two variants of the radio. The dealer insisted that it could not performed at the dealership with factory parts on mine.

3. If you have a 14' Altitude please post some pics for me to see because my local dealership has not had any in so I have not got to see it in person

The colors on the website are way off. This is my billet silver the night before I picked it up. This picture on all the screens I've viewed it is pretty close to reality. My windows have additional tint.

4. If you have a 14' Altitude please let me know your review and things you have added or recommend adding to the stock vehicle

Nothing added - just picked it up Saturday and will be leasing, but I came from a car with more premium features (folding mirrors, panoramic sunroof, ventilated seats, etc), but find the finish of this car still outshines my old one, and the premium features it does have (tilting headrests, remote start, etc) to be more practical.

Only real complaint is wish I could get the backup camera as I know it will come in handy and I got use to it on my old car. Also wish you could default to Eco mode off or even Sport Mode on. The car has a lot of get up and go in Sport Mode.
tiny17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
ajschulz84

Thanks tiny17 ... That looks great! ... I have been thinking black or maybe white but that silver really looks amazing!
Unread 05-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #6
WKlig2
2012 WK 

Hey Tiny, your ride looks sweet! I agree the colors on the jeep site seem a little off compared to reality so I appreciate when folks post their pics.

Curious.. what did your lease payments came out to.. put any money down? You have towV option? Thanks!
WKlig2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
ajschulz84

Thanks mofsteel! Yours looks great as well ... Please post the back up camera info and pics as soon as you have it finished!
Unread 05-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #8
ajschulz84

mofsteel ... One other question ... What made you decide to buy new tires right away? They look awesome BTW!
Unread 05-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #9
tiny17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKlig2 View Post
Curious.. what did your lease payments came out to.. put any money down? You have towV option? Thanks!
No tow option - wanted that really badly but these things are so hard to get and I knew I probably wouldn't use it during the 2 year lease.

12k x 2 yr @ $324 after approximately $5100 down.

The dealer added about 1k in options, and then you figure in about $11/mo for tax, and then a bunch of other fees that are amortized across that payment. I'm sure I overpaid, but frankly that $5100 down was from a trade in and they gave me top dollar (exactly what I was hoping to sell it for), and it looked like it would be another month or two before any dealer within 100 miles would get another one of these, with no guarantee of it being for sale by time I got to lot. So I went into this realizing I would have less room to negotiate. The price one pays for a more unique car. My only mistake was I should have just sat on about 4k of the cash and dealt with a higher monthly payment. That would have made much better sense. Not sure what I was thinking.

My hope is that by the time the lease expires there is a 2016 Altitude edition that has a few more of the options I want.
tiny17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2014, 12:38 AM   #10
RTArnie

Hi AJ. I just picked up a 2014 Altitude 4x4 in bright white. See attached photo. Besides a rough transmission and a couple ghost clunks, she's been good to me. Almost at 400 miles on the odo. Let's see how she holds up.
image.jpg  
RTArnie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #11
Ungerer

That's a nice ride mate
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
ajschulz84

Really digging that white RTArnie ... Post a few more pics when you have time!
Unread 05-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #13
SecondJeep

Hi everyone , new to the board, just leased the altitude with nav, the back up cam is a really nice option, the radios ore the same in altitude and limited,if anyone has the updated wiring I would love that, and they say navtool interface isn't available for 2014 yet but the 2013 radio is the same
Thanks

Leased 2yr/12k $429.00 first month and dmv transfer fee OOP
SecondJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #14
mx71
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondJeep View Post
Hi everyone , new to the board, just leased the altitude with nav, the back up cam is a really nice option, the radios ore the same in altitude and limited,if anyone has the updated wiring I would love that, and they say navtool interface isn't available for 2014 yet but the 2013 radio is the same
Thanks

Leased 2yr/12k $429.00 first month and dmv transfer fee OOP
2013 radio isn't the same. The electronics are all new for 2014.
mx71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #15
CG27519
2012 WK 

I really like the rims on the '14 altitude. Wanna trade for my 2012 altitude rims?
CG27519 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.