2014 Adaptive Cruise - any different? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Adaptive Cruise - any different?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 05-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
skremese
2012 WK 

2014 Adaptive Cruise - any different?

I currently have a 12 Summit and love the ACC.

I previously read the new version in 14 would be full speed, meaning it would stop the Jeep in traffic and after the driver pressed the gas return to maintaining speed (or moving in stop & go traffic). True?

skremese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

That feature didn't make it to the 2014's. Probably a good thing since the vehicle has many electrical gremlins as it is. It does have ACC with brake mitigation, but I could have sworn my 2012 WK2 Overland also had ACC w/brake mitigation since I one time felt it apply the brakes pretty sharply while using ACC.
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #3
xjrguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post
That feature didn't make it to the 2014's. Probably a good thing since the vehicle has many electrical gremlins as it is. It does have ACC with brake mitigation, but I could have sworn my 2012 WK2 Overland also had ACC w/brake mitigation since I one time felt it apply the brakes pretty sharply while using ACC.
Yes my 2012 with ACC does apply the brakes, I believe up to 25% maximum if needed.
xjrguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
skremese
2012 WK 

Yeah, my 2012 Overland with ACC does apply brakes and I'm pretty sure will do so greater than 25% judging by how aggressive it is when cut off.

That's too bad that full speed ACC didn't make it. Seems like most other manufs are supporting the feature. I was really hoping for that. Coupled with the loss of the flipper glass the 2014 is looking a lot less attractive vs comp.

I am curious though, what electrical gremlins?
skremese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #5
boyvan
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjrguy

Yes my 2012 with ACC does apply the brakes, I believe up to 25% maximum if needed.
Are you sure? I have 2012 Overland with ACC and mine beeps and shows a warning on EVIC "Brake" but it doesn't apply brakes.
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #6
xjrguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyvan View Post
Are you sure? I have 2012 Overland with ACC and mine beeps and shows a warning on EVIC "Brake" but it doesn't apply brakes.
Mine does that too, but that is the FCW warning.

My acc definitely hits the brakes when a car cuts in front of me on the freeway, or brakes hard.
xjrguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
boyvan
2012 WK 

Never mind....I apologize I think we were on a different page. My ACC applies brakes as well (when active of course) but I was thinking about FCW (Forward collision warning). I am back
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #8
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post
Probably a good thing since the vehicle has many electrical gremlins as it is.
What are they..... ?

Last edited by bilbo_28; 05-06-2013 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: fix quote
bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo_28 View Post
What are they..... ?
On my 2014 Summit, the rear liftgate now requires me to do 2 double clicks on the keyfob liftgate to get the liftgate to open. I could swear the first week I had it, it operated just like my 2012 Overland did. Others on another forum are also experiencing the same problem on their 2014's.

On mine, I get a message "Air Suspension Cooling Down - Please Wait". Again, their are others with the same message.
That can't be good as I'm sure it will eventually burn up the air compressor.

Of course my dealer doesn't have a clue since supposedly no codes were set, so they have a tech case filed with Chrysler. It's been a week and all I hear is crickets.

Vehicle also has quite a few fit & finish problems (liftgate alignment) and small paint defects. I also notice that the front bumper/fascia is developing a gap on the drivers side. I know the SRT's and many 2011-2013 had the same problem so obviously Chrysler hasn't done anything to improve Quality Control.

But I still love the vehicle.
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
kingbaida

2014 Grand cherokee (Canada)

Hello !
Mine does brake with ACC ! Works flawlessly !!!!
kingbaida is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.