2013 Order Availability? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2013 Order Availability?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #16
padgett
2012 WK 

Back in my GM daze I used to wonder if GM employed an "ugly stylist". Back then cars were on a three year cycle: after three years they would be restyled. Looking at a number of cars over the years I began to think that the third year was when the original clean design would be presented and the first two would be subtly "uglified"/decontented to maintain sales momentum for the third year. The example I like to use is the 63-65 Buick Riviera. For 63 and 64 the head and taillights were exposed, in 65 not only did the lights move into the bumpers and hedlights become hidden but it got the turbohydramatic for the first time. Or take the 68-70 Skylark. 68 & 69 got the "swoop" chrome on the side. In 70 the side became clean.

Just an observation but see that the 2013 WK2 gets a number of things that were missing such as LED taillights. Wonder if they will be clear & the grille body color.

One of these is a diesel.

Unread 03-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #17
rockit
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockit View Post
I kinda see what you are talking about. The plant will not be ready till 2013 so Chrysler rather build themselves than order imported $$$ more.I just wanted conformation of order date. If i was sure that 8 speed wouldn't be able to order when order Banks open in June for the 2013 than i would order now. Do you think they will make 2013 with V6 5 speed first then the 8 later in the MY ? I would kick myself if ordered now and then in June you can order the 8 speed.
PS this just in http://rumors.automobilemag.com/2013...ic-115547.html
I have also waited 6 Months for the V6 gas or Diesel 8 Speed tranny word.
From all my searches it looks like 2014 MY . To long for me i am done waiting. Good Luck to all who can stand the wait!
rockit is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.