2013 limited sunroof rattle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2013 limited sunroof rattle

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
jimbogas

2013 limited sunroof rattle

Just traded my 2012 wrangler for the Grand Cherokee. I have 2000 miles on it and I have a clicking type noise coming from the panoramic roof on the passenger rear side. Is this a simple fix or is this a dealer visit? I have read past threads and was just wondering also if there has been a TSB that has come out? This seems to have been going on awhile on these rigs!

jimbogas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
JeepCares

Probably a dealer fix at this point.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
wlsmith007

Sunroof creak

First post-

I was looking to see if others have posted responses about the fix. I've had the 'creak in the sunroof on uneven pavement' (passenger rear side) for about a month now. I took my '12 overland in yesterday to have it fixed. Was told today that they will have to remove the sunroof track. Time to pick up the loaner..
wlsmith007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
JeepCares

wlsmith007-
Please come back and let us know if that fixes it.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
wlsmith007

It was fixed. Prior to service the creak was very prominent on Alabama roads and my driveway. Service advisor said rear panel was removed and track adjusted. There have been 2 instances since service when i heard a similar, but less noticeable, creak or pop over a couple of rough pavement transitions but I believe this is acceptable. I was hesitant about running it through the car wash on the way home so I will see if there are any leaks soon enough. A couple of dirty fingerprints on the head liner too - Any suggestions on what to clean with?

I should note what I went through to get to this point-

I brought the GC in a week ago with sunroof creak complaint, along with the printed service bulletin. Day 1 in service I was told the technician heard the noise but could not identify it due to rain. Day 2 I was told that they could not hear it. I took service advisor on a road test and identified it to him. (He thought that it might be coming from the seat). Dropped it off again a week later telling the advisor that it was definately the sunroof. Advisor later called me saying the technician couldnt hear it. I reminded him that he heard it on our drive and it was definately still there. He then said he would go out with technician to help identify it. Called later and said, "you're right it is the sunroof!" Set me up with rental and called the next day (4) saying it was fixed.
wlsmith007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
lkmchugh

Sunroof rattle

Good luck with this sunroof rattle. My Grand Cherokee started rattling at about 1,000 miles in the exact same spot - on the passenger side right behind my head. It evidently cannot be fixed. I have owned the car for basically 5 months. It has been in the shop for 25 - 30 days trying to fix. The service has been horrible. Every time I take it in, there is a discussion about how Jeep will only pay for 5 days worth of rental, because I would prefer they just keep it until it is fixed. This is not going to happen. Service has been terrible.

A Chrysler engineer was here at the end of January to take a look at it. When I got it back, it was worse than ever. I actually thought the sun roof was open when I got on to the freeway.

All I can say is good luck. It is not a pleasant experience. And, the longer I am forced to endure the continual rattle, rattle, rattle - the more I hate it.
lkmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
lkmchugh

Printed Service Bulletin?

What kind of printed service bulletin did you get. I would like to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlsmith007 View Post
It was fixed. Prior to service the creak was very prominent on Alabama roads and my driveway. Service advisor said rear panel was removed and track adjusted. There have been 2 instances since service when i heard a similar, but less noticeable, creak or pop over a couple of rough pavement transitions but I believe this is acceptable. I was hesitant about running it through the car wash on the way home so I will see if there are any leaks soon enough. A couple of dirty fingerprints on the head liner too - Any suggestions on what to clean with?

I should note what I went through to get to this point-

I brought the GC in a week ago with sunroof creak complaint, along with the printed service bulletin. Day 1 in service I was told the technician heard the noise but could not identify it due to rain. Day 2 I was told that they could not hear it. I took service advisor on a road test and identified it to him. (He thought that it might be coming from the seat). Dropped it off again a week later telling the advisor that it was definately the sunroof. Advisor later called me saying the technician couldnt hear it. I reminded him that he heard it on our drive and it was definately still there. He then said he would go out with technician to help identify it. Called later and said, "you're right it is the sunroof!" Set me up with rental and called the next day (4) saying it was fixed.
lkmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #8
ChrisUCF99

I have a 2012 Overland with panoramic sunroof that I traded my 2011 in for. The 2011 didn't have the rattle, the 2012 did. Brought the Jeep into the dealership and they eventually replaced the entire sunroof, the noise has not reoccured... yet.
ChrisUCF99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.