2013 Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2013 Grand Cherokee

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Cknight199

2013 Grand Cherokee

As some of you know, I'm in the market for a new Jeep Cherokee. I am starting to save up some money for mods to do to it. I am trying to go for a sporty street look, similar to the srt8. The jeep will be silver woth black accents. My list of things to do is:
-5% tint all around 20% on front.
-Wheels
-Lowering kit?
-5k hid's
-Smoked red tail lights. Not blacked out, just smoked barely to make them a deeper red

I need some opinions on wheels. What wheel size would be practical? (Not rap video wheels) I'm going for a black look with maybe some silver in them.

Also on tires, I live in Utah so there will be snow. I don't want rugged tires, but some that still have traction but look like street tires. What tire size would look good?

Last thing is I will be getting the v8 and was hoping that there would be a inexpensive exhaust system that sounds nice at idle. Gives a low sound (not ricer).

I like these wheels, what do you guys think? What size would look good? imageuploadedbyautoguide1360452683.748348.jpg

Any other recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Cknight199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
Cknight199

2013 Grand Cherokee

Bump please ASAP thanks in advance

Unread 02-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
drballard33
2011 WK 

As far as the Exhaust goes, define inexpensive. The most popular seems to be corsa exhaust but the run just over $1k. I don't think you will find a cheaper option
drballard33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
Cknight199

2013 Grand Cherokee

Okay then the exhaust will be later down the road. Here is another wheel that I liked alotimageuploadedbyautoguide1360464593.377344.jpg
What do you guys think?

Unread 02-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
fumanchu

The Gibson exhaust is cheap, stainless, and sounds great!! Not too loud and close to none drone. Granted its only an axel-back.
fumanchu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Cknight199

2013 Grand Cherokee

How much does a Gibson exhaust run?

Unread 02-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
fumanchu

Around $430.00 with free shipping at Autoanything. The non stainless is cheaper.
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #8
Cknight199

2013 Grand Cherokee

Thank you, any opinions on wheels?

Unread 02-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
fumanchu

This bolt pattern sucks for wheel choices unless you want an offloading style wheel. For a street jeep you are limited to OE replicas and a handful of others. If you want to drop like 1k a wheel your options are limitless.

I am still trying to find a wheel I like without spending a fortune being that this is my wife's jeep.
Unread 02-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #10
Cknight199

2013 Grand Cherokee

Okay what about kmc slide 22"s? Opinions??

Unread 02-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #11
Cknight199

2013 Grand Cherokee

Okay I have changed my mind yet again, I still want todo some offroading and such, and don't want to worry about snow, salt, ect damaging the rims. So what would you recommend besides stock. I want it to look clean, maybe some 20's, I dont like the look of a car with alot of sidewall, so I want to keep it to the smallest sidewall I can, but still have a reasonable amount of space if I go offroading. Not anything major, just up and down the occasional dirt road or sand, mud, I just want a durable rim that looks clean. Someone please help

Unread 02-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #12
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

You have to settle down and focus on one route...read your own posts man, you're all over the place.

If you wanna go wheelin get some 16-17" rims and some A/T tires...you're gonna want some side walls...

Next you want street rims in a 22?!?!?! Thought u didnt want rapper wheels lol. Stick with the 20s.

Then you want good snow tires too? Get a set of snow rims and tires...stick with 18s and blizzaks.

Really i think you gotta settle down and head in one direction with some side goodies. But hey, your money, your choice.

A good mix is 20in rims with some geolanders...wont do anything exceptionally well, but it'll do everything average
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #13
Cknight199

2013 Grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekshishekki View Post
You have to settle down and focus on one route...read your own posts man, you're all over the place.

If you wanna go wheelin get some 16-17" rims and some A/T tires...you're gonna want some side walls...

Next you want street rims in a 22?!?!?! Thought u didnt want rapper wheels lol. Stick with the 20s.

Then you want good snow tires too? Get a set of snow rims and tires...stick with 18s and blizzaks.

Really i think you gotta settle down and head in one direction with some side goodies. But hey, your money, your choice.

A good mix is 20in rims with some geolanders...wont do anything exceptionally well, but it'll do everything average
Thank you and I know I've been all over the place haha sorry about that. As of right now I'm thinking of doing the srt8 20's or something similar. Still sporty enough, but with the functionality and I don't have to be worrying about them in the back of my mind when I'm driving. Then ill use the money that I didn't use on rims (sell stock rims and srt8 rims I get a deal on) to put towards some little mods, like some subs if I don't get the premium sound system stock. Okay so what tires would you recommend for the 20 in rim for a good all around tire? Geolanders? Are they loud on the freeway? Thanks in advance. I would like to get the widest tire possible without rubbing.

Does the v8 sound bad if you take the muffler out? Does it have a deep tone? Or just a ricer nation status?

Are there any simple cheap mods that I can do to improve looks/performance? Like under $100 per mod. Just trying to figure all this stuff out, this forum has even a great help!

Also thinking if I got the srt8 rims if I powder coated them, and the grill black. What are your thoughts? The jeep that I'm aiming for will be silver (the darker silver)

Thanks so much for the replies!

Will 24" rims fit? Jk haha

Unread 02-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #14
jgc4ever
2012 WK 

You might want these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160970690834...84.m1438.l2649
jgc4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 04:48 AM   #15
Nonaspirin
2012 WK 

Are those powder coated?

As far as switching from stock exhaust, many have complained of a droning sound at lower speeds and idle. My personal thoughts are the vehicle is fine the way I bought it but then I've never been much of a modifier.

My advice would be to buy the car then maybe stick some new rims on it. If you can get some tinted windows and some bump in your trunk that will be more than enough

Good luck!
Nonaspirin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.