2012 Transmission problems - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2012 Transmission problems

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #136
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibGrandCher View Post
I feel the same about my truck.
I love it but, won't buy another unless these transmission issues are worked out.
I don't care how nice the radio, exterior lights or steering wheel is.
You want to see wide spread transmission issues, browse one of the GM forums.

Unfortunately these V8 transmissions have had some reports of issues since they were introduced in 1999 or so, in a wide variety of Chrysler vehicles.. The basic design makes it difficult to control smoothly while being durable. The more recent eco gearing makes it even more difficult. Why it took them so long to replace it, well thats business cases.

Unread 12-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #137
LibGrandCher
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
You want to see wide spread transmission issues, browse one of the GM forums.

Unfortunately these V8 transmissions have had some reports of issues since they were introduced in 1999 or so, in a wide variety of Chrysler vehicles.. The basic design makes it difficult to control smoothly while being durable. The more recent eco gearing makes it even more difficult. Why it took them so long to replace it, well thats business cases.
We have a 2001 Durango in my family,we have
no 'Transmission issues " whatsoever .
Funny enough we can barely get 9 mpg on out of it o the highway,.

The eco gearing I agree plays a part.

I was watching this clip and it made me think as well. Especially the part where the tech says the pistons are heavier than normal pistons.
Heavy pistons + MDS =Shudder,Prolly.

LibGrandCher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #138
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

The TSB was tentative for February 2013 on the fish bite, Do we have any updated info?
Jeepers20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #139
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers20 View Post
The TSB was tentative for February 2013 on the fish bite, Do we have any updated info?
I know writing this isn't going to make any of you with this problem happy.

I doubt that the February service bulletin will happen. I'm not even going to throw out another "tentative" date since they keep changing anyway. I don't have an explanation to offer.
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:29 AM   #140
biker2k
2012 WK 

does this seem almost unbelievable?
3 almost 4 model years after a car is released and they can't get the programming right?
my transmission still slips and bangs and they tell me there is nothing wrong, I have been waiting for this update to see if it helps with the converter locking up correctly before I start an all out war with them and there is now no valid release date???????????

wtf!!!!!
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #141
13ovsummit
2013 WK 

^^^ - True - especially when aftermarket tuners like, Diablosport, and "Hemifever", (Sean), seems to be able to correct the problem very well. Problem is, if you correct it with aftermarket tunes, you risk losing your power-train warranty. Talk about a rock and a hard-place ... !
13ovsummit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #142
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker2k View Post
my transmission still slips and bangs and they tell me there is nothing wrong, I have been waiting for this update to see if it helps with the converter locking up correctly before I start an all out war with them and there is now no valid release date???????????
I hear ya, I started a war with them, i got me nowheres, they have stated this is the way the nehicle is designed to drive. I have tried everything and then some. I have been to numerous dealerships, spoke with numerous people at Chrylser directly and I keep getting the same answers, they did however replace the EGR valve, the Torque converter and de carbed the motor trying to fix it, but they then told me this is normal.
Unread 01-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #143
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

Will owners be notified of a TSB when it is released like a Recall?
Unread 01-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #144
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

This is a joke and makes my Jeep drive like a POS I wish I never purchased it and cant wait to be able to trade it in, I'll never buy a Chrysler product again
Unread 01-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #145
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

Oh and one more thought, Chrysler told me 2 different times, they dont know anything about this "fishbite" issue.
Unread 01-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #146
JMP8562

The only thing I regret is letting them do the flash !!!!!!!!! I had them re-flash it again and aprx 2000mi I am still getting 12-14 mpg I was getting 18-22 so those of you who are in a hurry to get the TSB remember the saying,
*YOU MIGHT JUMP FROM THE PAN TO THE FIRE*
89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
JMP8562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #147
ASJ
2014 FSJ Cherokee 

I have JGC 2014
There is a strong clunk when the transmission shifting down from 2nd to 1st on low speed (10 to 15 mph)
My dealer had installed all the updates but without any success to solve the issue.
I think JEEP will never be able to solve it .
its an international problem , I have a friend working in Dubai , he is facing the same problem.
The dealer there told him we have this problem in all our 6 cylinder JGC 2014 , just some people don't feel it.

I would advice you to not buy this car
ASJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #148
LibGrandCher
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJ View Post
I have JGC 2014
There is a strong clunk when the transmission shifting down from 2nd to 1st on low speed (10 to 15 mph)
My dealer had installed all the updates but without any success to solve the issue.
I think JEEP will never be able to solve it .
its an international problem , I have a friend working in Dubai , he is facing the same problem.
The dealer there told him we have this problem in all our 6 cylinder JGC 2014 , just some people don't feel it.

I would advice you to not buy this car

I agree with you on the ...'not buy advise"
I seriously won't purchase another JGC unless they fix their transmission .
I've been waiting 2 years.
I can't believe the 2014s are plagued as well. That's a shame.

I did call Chrysler again about this issue a month or so ago.

I complained about the "Clunk in the rear and the Shudder".

The operator acknowledge the issues and gave me a case #. She also told me to go to a different dealership.

I did whatsthe advise me to do.

Results-
1-Repair shock bumpers( truck has less clunk from the rear now)
2-Shudder addressed by completing 2 PCM updates( to my surprise the truck shifts better at low speeds , however the shudder at highway speed is still there. It's actually worse.)

P.S
Also updated my radio and aligned my rear gate.
Fun times.

Some reason I still love this truck...must be a JEEP thing!
LibGrandCher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #149
JMP8562

WELL as far as "I would advice you to not buy this car" remember IT IS A JEEP Not a car !!!!
AND "I still love this truck...must be a JEEP thing " you were 1/2 right when you typed JEEP!!! remember IT IS A JEEP Not a Truck !!!!

A JEEP IS NOT A CAR, TRUCK OR A SUV !!!! A JEEP IS A JEEP, Everyone else Follows
(( No need to reply just saying ))
89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
JMP8562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #150
Butchhughes

I was promised a transmission flash to fix the fish-biting in fall, 2012. Then they said February, 2013. Now they're saying sometime in the first quarter of 2014. A credible lemon-law threat got the Chrysler district manager to give me a 7-year, 100,000-mile warranty. But if they can't fix it under the regular warranty, I don't know why I should think they'll fix it under the extended warranty. Still for a reasonable fee, that warranty is transferrable. Maybe there's a bigger fool out there.
Butchhughes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.