2012 Rear Seats - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2012 Rear Seats

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 11-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #16
rudeney
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezavw90 View Post
But I'm not here to argue 4wd capabilities, I just wanted opinions on why people choose the vehicle they did.
No worries. Just go drive a JGC. I think you will be won over by the quality feel of the ride and handling and the feature comparison.

rudeney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
Brady12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezavw90
Well I must be mistaken about the 4wd systems. I can only go by what I have read on the companies websites, and places like the faq here, and with my own personal experience with my own vehicle. Jeep my offer better programing as stated but from everything I've read the functionality of the systems are quite alike.

There also seems to be some confusion on the models as they offer 3 (i'm not sure you'd call it models) 4wd systems(?) on the 4runner. In Canada there is no 2wd JGC or 4runner. on the 4runner you get part time (on the SR5, manual shift lever) fulltime(Limited, electronic selectable awd transfers front or rear drive wheels, 4hi locked center diff 50/50, and 4lo)

Then theres the trail edition with selectable rear locker, crawl control multi terrain abs, etc. Basically a FJ in a 4runner body style, you can actually see out, lol. The FJ ha horrible sight lines.

But I'm not here to argue 4wd capabilities, I just wanted opinions on why people choose the vehicle they did.
I found the t4r to be too boxy. I also think the back end is just ugly. For less money I got a hemi v8 w/rear heated seats, a hard drive, command view sun roof, automatic wipers and auto high beams, etc... These things were not options on the t4r.
Also, as others have mentioned, just drive one. There is a huge difference in the ride quality. Ultimately I wanted 4wd capabilities like a jeep w/o feeling like I am driving a truck.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #18
lezavw90

Last weekend we went and took a closer look at the 3 vehicles we were interested in.

The Explorer was ruled out just putting the car seat in, as there was exactly the same amount of room as the Tacoma.

The Jeep has about 3in more room than the Tacoma. We ended up test driving a 11 Overland with V8. Vehicle felt super solid, back seats were just as comfortable as the fronts. Steering wheel? Why is it so huge, lol. Didn't like it as the wood meets the leather right at 10 + 2 where I grip the wheel, plus it felt like gripping a small tree. Does the lower models have an all leather option? Or at least no wood? Is that an Overland thing?

The wife liked the 4runner. The back seats are huge. Peoples complaints about handling I could understand if you come from a car or crossover. The Jeep felt like a car. We came from a 02 Explorer Sport Trac and the Tacoma (which reviews say handles poorly) felt like a sports car compared to the Ford. The 4runner feels better than the Tacoma in the handling department.

No one had the 12's in yet so we are going to go back for a final decision when they get them in, at this point it's pretty close. We really like the feel of the jeep, but we like the space of the 4runner and 3rd row seats (don't even suggest the durango for a 3rd row seats, lol.) After getting a closer look at the Jeep, I'm kinda neutral now, I was leaning more towards the 4runner, but I think wed be happy with either.

Online when you customize the JGC for the the Off Road Adventure II package says limited availabilty. how limited is it? I would want that package if we went with a JGC. I guess if it came down to it the dealer would ship one accross country if need be.

Just looked it up online limited availabilty on the Laredo X. No here's a question. What would you go with.

Laredo X with V8
or
Limited with V6

They both work ot to about the same price, with the limited being slightly more. That's both with the offroad II package.

What are the differences between the 430 and 730 stereos? there's a $500 difference up here in Canada.
lezavw90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #19
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The 430N gives you the better Garmin navigation, the 730N gives you dead reckoning (useful in long tunnels), harmon navigation, and more voice controlled features, like telling the radio to find an address. I think the 430N (recent model) has fewer quirks than the 730. I think traffic is only available on the 730, but it is not useful the way it is implemented there. You can add custom POIs to the 430. The other differences are more subjective
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #20
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Differences between Limited and X are subjective, the V8 would be more fun, the V6 is decent, better mpg. How much is more fun worth to you over better feel/finish, more features? You probably should test drive each.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #21
nathantw
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezavw90 View Post
Just looked it up online limited availabilty on the Laredo X. No here's a question. What would you go with.

Laredo X with V8
or
Limited with V6

They both work ot to about the same price, with the limited being slightly more. That's both with the offroad II package.

What are the differences between the 430 and 730 stereos? there's a $500 difference up here in Canada.
If you're not towing 7000 pounds and you're not trying to race the person who just cut you off, then get the Limited with the V6.

The difference in the stereos is kind of big. One has the Garmin and the other has the "whatever"-type of GPS. I own the "whatever" for the GPS. It does use Navteq like the Garmin units, so that's good. My particular 730N (RHR) is able to sync with 3 bluetooth capable phones, which is a boon for me. I don't own a phone made by a fruit company so having my stereo sync up with a Windows Phone 7.5 was nothing short of fantastic. For me, the 730N was worth the money.

Good luck.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #22
rudeney
2014 WK 

One reason we went with a Limited instead of the Overland was because of that big fat wood steering wheel. My large hands were not comfortable gripping it and my wife just couldn't deal with it. The leather steering wheel on the Limited is still fatter than most, but not ridiculous like the Overland. We went with a V6 as my wife said she'd rather have the MPG over the power. It has decent power for driving around town, but so far, we have been disappointed in the MPG - under 16 so far, but we still have not quite 2K miles on the clock, so I am hoping once the engine is fully broken-in, it will improve.
rudeney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.