2012 Overland... replacing saddle leather seats for 2012 SRT-8's.. questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2012 Overland... replacing saddle leather seats for 2012 SRT-8's.. questions

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 03-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
x98boardwell
2012 WK 

2012 Overland... replacing saddle leather seats for 2012 SRT-8's.. questions

I have a 2012 Overland with Saddle Leather. I have some questions regarding my swap to SRT-8 black seats from a 2012.

1) Do the SRT-8's in 2012 all have A/C in the seats?
2) Is there anything different as to how these seats would connect vs. what's in the car already? I would think Chrysler would have kept everything the same.
3) My seats have memory, heat, A/C and the usual for an Overland of my year. Anything else I'm missing?
4) I am guessing their wouldn't be an issue with airbags or anything correct besides disconnecting battery on install.

Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks,
Bryan

Unread 03-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Could be issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by x98boardwell View Post
I have a 2012 Overland with Saddle Leather. I have some questions regarding my swap to SRT-8 black seats from a 2012.

1) Do the SRT-8's in 2012 all have A/C in the seats?
2) Is there anything different as to how these seats would connect vs. what's in the car already? I would think Chrysler would have kept everything the same.
3) My seats have memory, heat, A/C and the usual for an Overland of my year. Anything else I'm missing?
4) I am guessing their wouldn't be an issue with airbags or anything correct besides disconnecting battery on install.

Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks,
Bryan
especially with the airbags. It used to be a piece of cake swapping out seats in BMWs, Porsches, and Vettes for Recaros but then airbags and seatbelt tensioners came along. Are the electrical connections the same??? Dealer may have to program new seats and airbags in? Who knows?? I would love to drop a nice black leather Recaro in but it isnt worth the hassles.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.