2012 Overland 4 Wheeling - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2012 Overland 4 Wheeling

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 08-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #16
gdash722
2013 WK 

Looks like a lot of fun! Is your WK2 all stock?

gdash722 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #17
69moparman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdash722 View Post
Looks like a lot of fun! Is your WK2 all stock?
Yes, mostly all stock. Only mod is a leveling kit, raising the front end about 1 1/4 inches. 26K miles on factory 18" Michelins, 3.6L Pentastar, QT1 t-case. That's the reason I'm looking for some trail info ahead of our trip. If we were driving the YJ, it would be a different story, but the wife refuses to ride 3600 miles in that bone-crusher.

Thanks for the links above, that's a big help.
69moparman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #18
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksWK View Post
^isnt that the whole point of "4 wheeling".... Not knowing what the road will be ahead???
Not for me. I always check the trail and area to make sure my vehicle can handle what it is going to see. I plan on doing Black Bear Pass next summer in CO. If I went blindly I may not be prepared for it. It may just be the Eagle Scout in me though, "be prepared".

Sent from my underground lair.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #19
BigDaveZJ
1995 ZJ 

Black Bear should be no issue for a WK2 if you pay attention and take your time. I've taken my crew cab F250 to the top from the Ouray side, a bit too long to go down into Telluride, but have taken my ZJ over it before. I would have zero reservations about taking my '14 WK2 on any trail down there other than Poughkeepsie.
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg012GCO View Post
Got a hankering for some high country and took the GC to Ouray. Wanted to report on how the GCO did.

'12, about 70k miles. Never had a problem with QL or anything else.

Took the road over Imogene Pass. Now, this isn't radical wheeling, but it was plenty radical for me. Lot's of shelf rock and water crossings and climbing. Was a little nerve racking for me. But the Jeep did awesome. Put it in Rock mode, 4 Low, suspension all the way up. Had no problems to speak of. I was impressed with the performance. This ain't no soccer mom wagon.

Went from Ouray all the way to Telluride. No problems. Very slow going for any vehicle. Didn't get any pictures - too much bumping around for video. But you can look up Imogene pass on Youtube and check it out.

This has been a great vehicle. Luxury and balls both. Just get rid of the stock tires. I still have the stock wheels, just more aggressive tread.
Hi,

I agree with you man, definitely isn’t no soccer wagon! Took the Trailhawk out last weekend and I was very impressed with the QDII, QL and the Hill decent feature that feature is sweet! I got out and walked next to the Jeep when going down a steady downhill grade Jeep would not move past lik 2 miles per hour also impressed with the trail manners of the vehicle, it was funny I was heading up a pretty burley rocky road and a Rubicon was coming down and looked at me like WTF is that, funny..lol.. I did notice that when in off-road II it does tend to be pretty darn stiff but overall for a stock SUV does pretty darn good! All I am going to do to this rig is throw on some 275/65/18's when these Goodyear’s Silent Armors wear down a bit but these Goodyear’s are one sweet tire!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.