2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Uconnect Issue - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Uconnect Issue

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #61
Matterhorn
2012 WK 

any new info on this?

Matterhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #62
adamchrtrnd
2015 WK 

I've been doing research on this and can't find anything. I really wish the SMS would work with the iPhone.
adamchrtrnd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #63
Mojo57
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0mbatChris View Post
It's not going to work until uconnect issues the update for the radio. See my above posts...
I am able to use Siri through BT. Works fine.i can have her read a new text and compose a reply via BT. But of course I need to activate her through the phone. I don't know what will happen if an incoming call comes in at the same time.
Mojo57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #64
Matterhorn
2012 WK 

A little off topic but how can you remove a phone that was paired to the system.
Matterhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #65
adamchrtrnd
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterhorn View Post
A little off topic but how can you remove a phone that was paired to the system.
If you hit the Phone button as if you were going to tell the BT system to make a call and say "System Setup" It should walk you through it. Hope that works!
adamchrtrnd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #66
bmzx

Does anyone have a RES130 radio and have Siri or Texting working thru the radio system with an iPhone? Atleast Apple put an update in ISO 6 so you can pick if you want to use the phone or uconnect since I dont think it will work witht he radio.
bmzx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #67
Bobdown
2012 JK Wrangler 

This seems just crazy to me. I just got a 2012 Wrangler, I got probably the most popular phone in the world (iPhone 4s) and they wont pair properly. It seem like it should be such an easy fix too as things seemed to work fine in 2011. Does anyone know who needs to make the update, Apple or Uconnect?
Is anything being done about it? I got Siri to work but only for a short time but its not useful at all but it does show that it can and should work. Turn the car off all together, activate Siri on the iphone, turn the can on using the key, In my car Siri worked and even used the car mic. Its there, it works it should be a very easy fix. Why is it not done. If I could have my way, I would choose to connect via BT as a sound device and bypass Uconnect all together, just use Siri's voice reconnection system as Uconnect clearly have a lot more work to do.
Bobdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #68
bmzx

Hey Bobdown, i have a 2012 Laredo and the sales rep said the iPhone would work great. but it didnt work good at all with the Jeep. So I just didnt pair it with the car. after several months Apple came out with an update that made it possible to have a choice on the phone to use Uconnect or iPhone for some thngs. So you can pair the phone and when you want to use Siri there is a little blue button that pops up on the phone. when you press the button you can select iPhone so you are able to use that feature right thru the phone which works and not thru the stereo system that does not work. you have to have the new ISO update. i used to have a Kia and the only thing you could do was plug the iPhone into the stereo to use it and the stereo controlled the iPhone. The Jeep does not work as good. you can listen to songs ok but the functions dont work as good. scrolling thru songs has a delay. skipping forward works but not backwards. once you shut the car off it does not remeber that you were using the iphone so you have to select it again. Anyway, big deal its only the radio, but the salems man should not give wrong info.......
bmzx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #69
joe19812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo57 View Post
I am able to use Siri through BT. Works fine.i can have her read a new text and compose a reply via BT. But of course I need to activate her through the phone. I don't know what will happen if an incoming call comes in at the same time.
How did you get this to work? I've tried but nothing comes thru over BT.
Which radio & s/w version are you using?
joe19812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #70
aga080
2002 WJ 

now the uconnect does not work at all... no bluetooth available

gives me a message that uconnect devices are not available.

this is for a 2012 jeep grand cherokee laredo with the 430n headunit, running the newest software update via the DVD in the mail ( version 33.01.23 )

does not work for android, iphone or blackberry
aga080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #71
aga080
2002 WJ 

Just as an update, the entire head unit had to be replaced.
aga080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.