2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Uconnect Issue - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Uconnect Issue

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #46
aga080
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs
FYI::
1) Uconnect does support the BT profile for texting (MAP, message access profile), in order for texting thru BT to work, the phone also needs to support MAP. At this point APPLE is the incompatible device, not Uconnect. APPLE currently does not support MAP. They will support it with iOS6 which is scheduled to come out in October.
2) SIRI, SIRI operated features, Visual Voice mail and Voice memos on the phone are not supported currently in the 2012 vehicles. This is because of the way an incoming call is handled while using any of these features. If you're using one of these features and have an incoming call, there isn't a way to answer the call. You'll see that there is an incoming call but there isn't an "accept or ignore" dialog box that pops up on the screen. If you try to accept the call using the Uconnect button, then Apple will drop the feature, as that is happening Uconnect will say "transferring call to phone". Probem now is that that incoming call wasn't actually sent to the phone but Apple sent it to your voice mail. While all this is going on, you're getting upset because you can take the call.
The phone needs to send a BT message to Uconnect that there is an incoming call along with other messages that would allow you to answer the call from the radio. Apple knows about this issue and hopefully they'll come up with a fix in iOS6 also.
Thank you for the information, I will relay this to the boss lol

aga080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #47
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

Not sure if anyone is interested in this or not, but I was having some issues with my uconnect, and had to call them today. The guy I talked to said that they have been working with Apple and when the iOS 6 is released all features will be supported. UConnect will be issuing an update for the media centers, and once iOS 6 is released they will be compatible. If you go tot he driveuconnect website you can download the most current media center updates except for the rhb. The guy said that rhb will be supported when the new iOS is released.
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Upgraded to 430N RHB MyGig }{ 3.6L V6 Laredo X }{ Off-Road Adventure I }{ Trail Rated }{ QTII }{ Selec-Terrain }{ OEM Skid Plate Group }{ Flex Fuel[/FONT][/CENTER][/COLOR]
C0mbatChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #48
shady360

FYI, upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 6, then deleted the Uconnect on both sides (car AND phone), re-repaired, and it still doesn't work. Simply says 'Uconnect text messaging feature not available with this phone,' or something like that. Wondering if it's a hardware issue also, and maybe will work with iPhone 5? We'll hafta see...

BTW, never updated my signature...2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo X package.
Electric Lime Green - 33" MT/Rs on custom striped Cragar D-Windows - 3" Black Diamond Lift w/ JKS Discos - ARB Bull Bar w/ Warn X8000i - AEV Rocker Guards - Midland 79-290 - XM Radio w/ Opie & Anthony
shady360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #49
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady360
FYI, upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 6, then deleted the Uconnect on both sides (car AND phone), re-repaired, and it still doesn't work. Simply says 'Uconnect text messaging feature not available with this phone,' or something like that. Wondering if it's a hardware issue also, and maybe will work with iPhone 5? We'll hafta see...

BTW, never updated my signature...2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo X package.
Driveuconnect .com should be issuing a software update soon. It will be posted to their website. See my post above yours for the info I got from their csr when I called.
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Upgraded to 430N RHB MyGig }{ 3.6L V6 Laredo X }{ Off-Road Adventure I }{ Trail Rated }{ QTII }{ Selec-Terrain }{ OEM Skid Plate Group }{ Flex Fuel[/FONT][/CENTER][/COLOR]
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #50
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0mbatChris

Driveuconnect .com should be issuing a software update soon. It will be posted to their website. See my post above yours for the info I got from their csr when I called.
Currently my 4s won't charge via USB now with iso6, about to plug my 5 in will let ya know
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #51
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

5 is charging and syncs up my older one is the one with the same issues will have to wait for update still
image-3803242566.jpg  
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #52
badrich94
2012 WK 

I just purchased a 2012 Overland Summit a couple of months ago. I have an iPhone (with the updated iOS 6) and an Android Incredible paired. I have never seen the SMS text option. How are people initiating it to even get an error message? I also just had my radio softare updated.
badrich94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #53
bmzx

If you set up the iPhone you can only make calls with it. All voice applications wil not work on the phone itself while connected with BT. So you can't use voice to text or Siri. I was looking forward to a new vehicle to use all the phone features and the sales guy said the iPhone would work fine. After I bought the jeep and found out it wouldn't all they said was sorry we didn't know. So I chose to not use my iPhone at all while connected to BT so I can use all the voice command of the phone while not connected. If I knew it wouldn't work I would have got something else since there are lots of choices. Jeep should tell people the most popular phone in the world does not work correctly with their vehicles.
bmzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #54
davidmaness

After you load iOS6, you have to go to Bluetooth and turn on MAP
davidmaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #55
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmaness
After you load iOS6, you have to go to Bluetooth and turn on MAP
On the radio or iPhone?
Unread 09-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #56
davidmaness

On the iPhone

Here's a photo. Then you have to turn off the phone and the car and turn it all on again.

image-2522801354.jpg
davidmaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #57
bmzx

I upgraded to iOS 6 and SIRI and voice commands still do not work. One good thing is that in iOS 6 there is now an icon on SIRI to change connections so it will work thru the phone while still having BT on for phone calls. I dont see anyplace in BT on the iPhone that shows where to turn MAPs on or off?
Unread 09-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #58
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmzx
I upgraded to iOS 6 and SIRI and voice commands still do not work. One good thing is that in iOS 6 there is now an icon on SIRI to change connections so it will work thru the phone while still having BT on for phone calls. I dont see anyplace in BT on the iPhone that shows where to turn MAPs on or off?
It's not going to work until uconnect issues the update for the radio. See my above posts...
Unread 09-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #59
bmzx

ahhh OK I hope its soon.
Unread 12-05-2012, 04:18 AM   #60
aga080
2002 WJ 

For people with the 730N radio in their 2012 jeep:

https://qna.extra.chrysler.com/rhb/r...dateRequest.do
aga080 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.