2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Uconnect Issue - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Uconnect Issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 06-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #31
aga080
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwest
Your phone works with the truck. "Advanced" features are exactly that...advanced. Bluetooth is primarily meant for calls. Everything else is extra. If my phone didn't work with it, oh well. I bought it to be a jeep, not a phone accessory. Do a little homework next time.
I'd have to disagree with this, what was jeep thinking not making their newest jgc without full support for the most popular phone in the world.

Then to not fully disclose the fact at the dealership during purchase that the iPhone is not fully compatible is dishonest.

I had a similar experience to the other person that posted his experience in this thread.

aga080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #32
txwest
2012 WK 

To reiterate my point...
I bought it to be a Jeep, not a phone accessory.

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #33
aga080
2002 WJ 

Quote:
To reiterate my point...
I bought it to be a Jeep, not a phone accessory.
And to reiterate my point , it's 2012 and the iPhone came out nearly 5 years ago.

As you have contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile to this thread, make your way out of it and stop getting off topic.
Unread 06-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #34
txwest
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga080

And to reiterate my point , it's 2012 and the iPhone came out nearly 5 years ago.

As you have contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile to this thread, make your way out of it and stop getting off topic.
Have fun with your sucky life, ill continue to enjoy mine. In my JEEP.

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
Unread 06-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #35
aga080
2002 WJ 

Haha what a child.
Unread 06-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #36
txwest
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga080
Haha what a child.
You should go join the guy complaining about the fact that he got a small rental car when his was in for service, because he bought a "luxury" Jeep. You two would get along good together. Complaining about meaningless cr@p you should have researched or looked at in the forums before you buy. The sales guy is going to tell you what you want to hear...its his job.

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
Unread 06-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #37
aga080
2002 WJ 

Quote:

You should go join the guy complaining about the fact that he got a small rental car when his was in for service, because he bought a "luxury" Jeep. You two would get along good together. Complaining about meaningless cr@p you should have researched or looked at in the forums before you buy. The sales guy is going to tell you what you want to hear...its his job.
And you should leave this thread as I already politely asked you to. Obviously you are far too stupid to troll me, and clearly no one gives a **** what you are saying. move along now peasant.
Unread 06-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #38
Brady12

My phone works just fine making hands free calling, I am a bit upset it doesn't wipe my *** though
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #39
txwest
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady12
my phone works just fine making hands free calling, i am a bit upset it doesn't wipe my *** though
+1

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
Unread 06-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #40
tfandango

The uconnect developers might not be totally at fault for ignoring the SMS stuff for iOS. There's lots of discussion about what can and can't be accessed over Bluetooth, via what part of the API, some undocumented features or a preference for Apple's notification center, etc, etc. I haven't looked too deeply into it, but it looks like holding off on SMS interaction might be a wise choice on iOS, for now. Android has a much more open set of code, which makes it a lot easier to integrate with or even add to in certain cases.
tfandango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #41
Chrazy-Chris
2012 WK 

All this stuff is a gimmick to take advantage of people like aga080 and bmzx who pick out their vehicle based on such gimmicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmzx View Post
I whould have got something else if I knew the phone did not work with it.
Smart phones do enough on their own these days, I don't need it 'integrated' into my vehicle. Get a bluetooth earpiece for driving. Wait until it's safe to do so to look at a text message. Problem solved.
Unread 06-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #42
aga080
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazy-Chris
All this stuff is a gimmick to take advantage of people like aga080 and bmzx who pick out their vehicle based on such gimmicks.

Smart phones do enough on their own these days, I don't need it 'integrated' into my vehicle. Get a bluetooth earpiece for driving. Wait until it's safe to do so to look at a text message. Problem solved.
Believe me this is not a gimmick, and all of you are getting off topic and I will be reporting posts from now on.

I do not pick vehicles based in gadgets, in fact my favorite car that I own is a 90s m3 that has NO ELECTRONICS.

I don't know why everyone's panties got in a bunch because I simply asked if a feature advertised by jeep would actually work.

And guess what geniuses, I'm not even the primary driver of the car, my wife is. So who do you think is asking me all the time if everything will eventually work in the car for her iPhone?

So let's keep this to a unconnect discussion, not your irrelevant idealist views of where automotive technology is headed.
Unread 06-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #43
padgett
2012 WK 

Seems to be a Chrysler thing. Googling "iphone handsfree chrysler" produced a lot of "Not for iPod Touch or iPhone". Suspect there may be a political angle since has been reported since at least 2008.

OTOH Bluetooth seems to be an issue in general, Android 4 (ICS) is "different" and random. OTOH my Heap likes my LG phone.

Personal opinion is that we are not far from "the car as a mobile hot spot" (see Neal Stephenson's "Snow Crash" from two decades ago) - mine is today (MiFi) and Bluetooth is going to be a part.

Standards are made by things that work "Good Enough" (c) and are rarely what works best (see Betamax vs VHS or the Intel 8086 vs TI 99/4).

Meanwhile back at Uconnect, If you must support an iPhone, I would not hold your breath for Chrysler but Belkin might have something that will work.

One of these is a turbo diesel.
Unread 07-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #44
xsdbs

FYI::
1) Uconnect does support the BT profile for texting (MAP, message access profile), in order for texting thru BT to work, the phone also needs to support MAP. At this point APPLE is the incompatible device, not Uconnect. APPLE currently does not support MAP. They will support it with iOS6 which is scheduled to come out in October.
2) SIRI, SIRI operated features, Visual Voice mail and Voice memos on the phone are not supported currently in the 2012 vehicles. This is because of the way an incoming call is handled while using any of these features. If you're using one of these features and have an incoming call, there isn't a way to answer the call. You'll see that there is an incoming call but there isn't an "accept or ignore" dialog box that pops up on the screen. If you try to accept the call using the Uconnect button, then Apple will drop the feature, as that is happening Uconnect will say "transferring call to phone". Probem now is that that incoming call wasn't actually sent to the phone but Apple sent it to your voice mail. While all this is going on, you're getting upset because you can take the call.
The phone needs to send a BT message to Uconnect that there is an incoming call along with other messages that would allow you to answer the call from the radio. Apple knows about this issue and hopefully they'll come up with a fix in iOS6 also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmzx View Post
I just bought a 2012 Laredo. before buying it I was telling the sales rep i wanted a vehicle with blutooth setup for my iPhone. He told me all the features of Uconnect. we were talking about me having an iPhone, he had a blackberry, blah, blah blah. After i got home with my new jeep i found out that the iPhone was not completely compatable with the iPhone. Do you think the sales person should have told me that. after calling them about it all i got was, sorry we didnt know. it was the reason I told them I was buying that vehicle.

so, I can use the hands free calling but texting does not work ans SIRI does not work. when connected to blutooth all voice functions on the phone are disabled. so I cant even use the talking function on texting or SISI which I use more while driving that actually making a phone call. So I deleted my phone from the Jeeps blutooth. so now I have a Jeep that i bought to use BT and cant use it. I'd return the Jeep but they said they wont take back a "used" vehicle.

Has anyone come up with a fix for it? I saw the dragon app but dosent see to safe to use while driving.

thanks
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #45
WJayhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwest View Post

The iPhone works fine with Uconnect, by activating SIRI you bypass the Uconnect menu, and replace it with SIRI who can call, text, read you a text, schedule a meeting, etc. all through Blu-Tooth over the stereo... Are people seriously pissed that they cant get SMS messages read or sent through Uconnect?
WJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.