Actually the Motorola's are having a problem with their MAP profile support. You can receive messages and Uconnect will notify you of the new messages as well as read the message, but you can't send a message. Uconnect is telling the phone to send the message but the phone does not respond.
Blackberries, Nokia's, the Samsung Focus S. and the HTC Sensation work fine with the Uconnect SMS texting on the 2012 V2 vehicles. (This is when Uconnect started to support MAP, Vehicles that were built after 1-1-2012, those built prior to that date will need to get the Uconnect SW update performed. This update is TSB 08-018-12, which was released about 2 weeks ago)
NOTE: After the HFM has been updated it will receive these enhancements.
· Reduced “Device Reading” wait time after connecting a device to the remote USB
· Call / Dial separation improves upon names being recognized as phone numbers.
· Improved sound quality during Bluetooth streaming.
· Increased iPod and iPhone compatibility.
· SMS messaging support via MAP protocol (not all phones support the MAP
· Added “None of These” and “Correction” to the phone book prompt menu for better
handling of similar names.
· Previous button will return the song currently being played to the beginning of the
· AirPlay feature “Dock Connector” no longer needs to be manually selected on Apple
devices. This will resolve the “No Audio” condition when the device is connected to
the remote USB port and dock connector is not selected.
NOTE: USB mode resume will no longer 'resume' after ignition OFF
Originally Posted by Pete1
'Fraid the iPhone connects fine in all depts other than SMS. There is NO, repeat NO SMS capability for the iPhone in our WK2s, only other handset such as motorola