2012 jeep gc brake issue!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2012 jeep gc brake issue!!!!

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
v_kerr

2012 jeep gc brake issue!!!!

Hi All, I'm new to the JeepForum and I'm looking for some information. I'm hoping someone here can help me. In February 2012 I purchased a brand new Jeep GC Laredo. In May 2012 I started noticing some issues with the brakes but it was intermittent and I hadn't driven the car much since I purchased it (I was very ill from February-September). In December I was driving on the highway at a speed of 70mph when I went to slow down and I found that I could not press the brake pedal down!! It was STUCK in the up position! I released my foot from the brake and pressed down again and the car responded. This began happening frequently and in January I brough the the car to be inspected. The dealership was unable to identify any issues with the car but the problem continued to happen. They even told me that another customer had brought their vehicle in with the same issue! Anyway, about 2 weeks later the issue happened again, twice in a row and I nearly rearended the car infront of me. Again, I was driving on the highway at high speeds. This scared me very much and I immediately brought the car in. The car has been there for 23 days now. They say they have tried everything and are unable to identify the issue. I also got word that this is occurring in other vehicles around the country as well and they have been unable to identify or repair it. I'm not sure of the outcome of those other cases. Basically I was wondering if anyone here has experienced this issue or anything similar? No lights go on on the dashboard when this happens. No jerking sensation, nothing. The car just doesn't recognize that I'm pushing the brake because the pedal won't go down. This is a frightening and EXTREMELY dangerous issue! Please Help!

v_kerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
OscarTilly

Check this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...rakes-1468919/

Interestingly enough, the theory is that its caused by cold weather. Has it been real cold in your area lately? We only seem to experience it in very cold weather.

My dealer first said they reproduced it, then kept the car to try and pinpoint the problem. Finally, after three days they gave up. They backtracked on reproducing the problem, saying they only did so under certain ridiculous conditions (4000 rpms - which I rarely get the car to) and what they experienced was "normal".

Interesting to hear that your dealer acknowledged that they are seeing this issue more. My dealer said Chrysler told them they had never heard of it. Ugh.....
OscarTilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #3
lionel
2012 WK 

Ghrysler will most likely tell you that this is the only one GLOBALLY doing it thats their catch line .
lionel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
v_kerr

OscarTilly: This has been happening since I purchased the car a year ago.. it happened in the summer and fall.. it's very nonspecific... they told me that it's been happening with a few other cars (one that actually came in to MY dealership the exact day I brought my car in!) and that they have not been able to repair or pinpoint what is exactly causing the issue. It happens when I'm driving at regular highway speeds and in traffic. It's interesting to hear that you have experienced this issue too! My dealership has been so upfront and honest with me which I truly appreciate, Chrylser on the otherhand only tells me things after I push and push and push. I hope it doesn't take someone to be in a very serious accident for this issue to be taken seriously and I don't want to be the guinea pig with them trying to figure out the issue either!

When did your car start doing this?? Is it as intermittent as mine has been??

Thank you for your reply!
v_kerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.