2012 hood bubbling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2012 hood bubbling

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 10-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
MMAXX

2012 hood bubbling

I washed the jeep and noticed bubbling on two separate areas. I took it to the dealership and they took pictures. I live in Florida and only have 15k miles on it. I bought it new and have an extended warranty. Anybody else having this issue? I will keep you updated on progress.

img_0718.jpg  
MMAXX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

Is that clear coat peeling?
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

I will hazard a guess that your hood had some contamination on it prior to the finish going on or there was some bad paint in the robot. I do not believe this is a common problem, but it happens sometimes in the automotive world.
Unread 10-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #4
Morax
One Life. Live it!

Unread 10-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
MMAXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_in_PA View Post
I will hazard a guess that your hood had some contamination on it prior to the finish going on or there was some bad paint in the robot. I do not believe this is a common problem, but it happens sometimes in the automotive world.
Yeah I think your right. I havenít noticed it anywhere else on the jeep. I put this up just in case anybody else might also have this issue.
MMAXX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2014, 08:08 AM   #6
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_in_PA
But it wouldn't take two years to appear.
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.