2012 Grand Cherokee Overland/Summit Exterior Changes??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland/Summit Exterior Changes???

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 06-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Meat101381

2012 Grand Cherokee Overland/Summit Exterior Changes???

I'm new to this forum but have been in the process of deciding to buy a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland or Overland Summit but since the 2012 models are coming out soon, I was thinking of waiting.

I saw pictures of the 2012 SRT8 with the LED fog lamps. I was wondering if Jeep was planning on changing the 2012 Overland/Overland Summit exterior at all and possibly adding LED fog lamps on those models as well? I just like that look a little better than the current fogs on the 2011 models.

I tried to search for info on this topic but only can find info on the SRT8's. If anyone has any info, I'd really appreciate it, since my current vehicle is going down the drain and need to make a decision soon.

Also, any idea when exactly the 2012's will be available?

Thanks.

Meat101381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just picked up a 2011 70th Anniversary Laredo. Dealer tells me no changes between 2011-2012 to lineup with the exception of the addition of SRT-8 at some point in 2012 and a slight increase in price for all models. Also said ordering can begin on the 2012s at the end of this month/early july.

hope that helps.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Cochon
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat101381 View Post
I'm new to this forum but have been in the process of deciding to buy a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland or Overland Summit but since the 2012 models are coming out soon, I was thinking of waiting.

I saw pictures of the 2012 SRT8 with the LED fog lamps. I was wondering if Jeep was planning on changing the 2012 Overland/Overland Summit exterior at all and possibly adding LED fog lamps on those models as well? I just like that look a little better than the current fogs on the 2011 models.

I tried to search for info on this topic but only can find info on the SRT8's. If anyone has any info, I'd really appreciate it, since my current vehicle is going down the drain and need to make a decision soon.
From what I understand, LEDs were planned for all 2012s, but dropped recently. Apparently WK2s are selling like hotcakes, so the manufacturer no longer sees any need to add stuff to it.
Cochon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Not sure about the hot cakes, dealers here are full to the brim with WK2s, many on their lots for over 6 months. Perhaps certain options are harder to find.

The 6 speed auto is suppose to show up in 2012.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
verdugan
2012 JK Wrangler 

http://wkjeeps.com/future_jeeps.htm#12GRAND

This is my go to site for checking upcoming changes.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have noticed that dealers have good stock, but they still really are selling very well. They are actually selling better than expected IIRC. There is a 6 speed versus 5 speed with the Hemi for the 2012. The 5speed is well proven though, and uses its extra kickdown gear when towing which makes it a closer range 6speed (an extra underdrive gear is utilized for better acceleration).
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.