2012 GC overland trans issue? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2012 GC overland trans issue?

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-30-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
JPLANERA

2012 GC overland trans issue?

My 2012 Overland with 6-speed trans is acting goofy.. CEL came on and I noticed that it will not shift out of 4th gear.. I noticed when on expressway it was reving a little high. I tried to downshift and it was in 4th.. cycling through 5th and 6th then to D i did not notice any difference. Cruise does not work and ECO does not engage. Has anyone experienced this or know of the reason? All dealers around me are 1-2 weeks backed up on service so i cant get in to figure it out..

I have not noticed any performance issues..

JPLANERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
13ovsummit
2013 WK 

^^^ - If the symptoms persist, I'd say it's time for a trip to the dealer. Is there still warranty on the power-train?
13ovsummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 07:14 AM   #3
JPLANERA

Yes there is still a warranty, however, all dealerships around me are slammed and wont see me for a week. I would leave the car but all loaner vehicles are out and not available for at least a week. The only other option is to pay for a rental for god knows how long... If the issue could lie in a faulty sensor that i can repair myself i would try that before resorting to spending 40-50 bucks a day on a rental car...
JPLANERA is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.