2011 WK2 Mygig RHR upgrade / install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 WK2 Mygig RHR upgrade / install

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Str8ngelybrown

2011 WK2 Mygig RHR upgrade / install

Hey there,

New to the forum and Jeep ownership for that matter and am struggling with a recent Mygig RHR 730N install. I ordered the RHR, uconnect module (including mic), rear camera and ipod connector online and had my local Jeep dealer install it. After the 10 hour install, they were unable to get into the radio using the dealer provided security code and told me to come back at a later date. On the way home, I was able to get in using the 1,2,3,4 code but noticed that the ipod connector is not working and the voice recognition isn't working at all. I am not able to get another appointment until next week and quite honestly dont want to wait that long to have a fully functioning system. I really need the VR and handsfree features to work! I know that the RHR has uconnect built in but see that they installed the module anyway. Is this necessary?

Please help with any suggestions. The dealer seems lost and so am I...

Str8ngelybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
pschofie
2012 WK 

No you do not need the module, you need to get a jumper cable from jeep to connect from the mic in the mirror to the RHR and you need an USB extension cable to connect to the USB connector I. The console to the back of the RHR.

The unconnect module should NOT be connected.

I fill find you the part numbers for the two cables and post them up.

Your dealer must not have a clue?

This is a really simple installation should take less than one hour MAX!

Regards,

Paul
pschofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
pschofie
2012 WK 

Hi,

The problem is that the dealer should have removed the Uconnect module and connected the harness that goes to the mirror microphone and the USB connector with special cables that jeep supplies.

The Uconnect module is NOT required with the RHR radio

Clearly the dealer has no clue what they are doing, the install should take 1 hour max!

The parts you need are

Microphone Harness 82211666

USB Jumper Cable 68068278AA

Hope this helps

Paul
Unread 03-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
Str8ngelybrown

Thanks for the reply Paul! This has been driving me crazy. I should have mentioned that I do not have the microphone mirror, just the standard mirror so i will need a mic. So, Just so I have it correctly and so I can let the dealer know...the rhr has the uconnect included so it simply gets connected to the original wiring harness and then Id just need a mic that goes directly into the rhr?
Unread 03-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
Str8ngelybrown

Ok, So I think I figured it out. At least I hope so...

From what I have gathered (Thorough research), I need to have the uconnect HFM removed. Then I need to have the factory wiring connected to the Mygig rhr. Then I need to add Mopar #82211743AB (Mic kit) and Mopar #82211853 (iPod kit) for iPod integration? Please let me know if this sounds correct.

Unread 03-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8ngelybrown View Post
Ok, So I think I figured it out. At least I hope so...

From what I have gathered (Thorough research), I need to have the uconnect HFM removed. Then I need to have the factory wiring connected to the Mygig rhr. Then I need to add Mopar #82211743AB (Mic kit) and Mopar #82211853 (iPod kit) for iPod integration? Please let me know if this sounds correct.

I believe the mic kit and iPod kit replaces the HFM and perhaps some of the existing factory cables. The remaining factory wiring would be connected through the mic/iPod kit to the radio.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
Str8ngelybrown

Thanks Coldcase! Ill give that a try and let you guys know how it goes.
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
pschofie
2012 WK 

There souls be a mike there that connects to the existing unconnect module. That mic via an adaptor cable needs to go to the RHR it should be the same or very similar to the mirror adaptor cable.
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #9
Str8ngelybrown

pschofie, Im pretty sure the existing module is conflicting with the rhr and needs to be completely removed if theres no need for it anymore. My appointment is tomorrow, hopefully they can figure it out.
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
pschofie
2012 WK 

Yes there is no doubt the module is conflicting, it should have been removed.

Let me know how you go.

Regards,

Paul

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.