2011 wk2 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 wk2

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 07-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
2MchFun
2011 WK 

That does look better

Let us know how you like the rack after you live with it for a while

Unread 08-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #17
DirtyTires
2011 WK 

Finally got out and did some real off roading, and I was quite happy with the way the GC performed. The GF was busy so it was only me and I wasn't able to get many good pics or videos, but I did take one vid from inside the cab going up a hill. I would have liked to get a bunch more but oh well. Here's one pic and one vid:

Click on this one for the vid. Sorry about the shaky cam, next time I'll get a camera person!
2011 Laredo X 4x4, ORA 1, Quad Trac II 4WD, Wild Country XTX Sport 265/70/17, American Racing ATX series AX188 Ledge, RRO 2.5 lift, PIAA 510 & 520 ATP Aux lights, Yakima roof rack, Mopar rock rails, dealer OEM hitch, RR winch mount and brush bar, Smitty 10K winch, RR pre-runner skid plate, slightly de-chromed.

Last edited by DirtyTires; 02-07-2013 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: re-up photo
DirtyTires is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #18
2MchFun
2011 WK 

Cool stuff DT!
Unread 08-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #19
rpoverland

Nice jeep!
rpoverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #20
txwest
2012 WK 

GoPro Cam, suction cup it to anything!

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
DirtyTires
2011 WK 

Got some rock rails installed! Went to the stealership and had them put the Mopar ones on. A little pricey, but I had a discount coupon from buying it there and I like how these give me a step up to the roof rack. I'm 6'3 and can't quite reach it! These are really solid.

I have more pics if you want to see more but I think I've seen a bunch on here already of these.
2011 Laredo X 4x4, ORA 1, Quad Trac II 4WD, Wild Country XTX Sport 265/70/17, American Racing ATX series AX188 Ledge, RRO 2.5 lift, PIAA 510 & 520 ATP Aux lights, Yakima roof rack, Mopar rock rails, dealer OEM hitch, RR winch mount and brush bar, Smitty 10K winch, RR pre-runner skid plate, slightly de-chromed.

Last edited by DirtyTires; 02-07-2013 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: photos
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
rpoverland

They look really nice, I like those wheels too!
rpoverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #23
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTires View Post
Got some rock rails installed! Went to the stealership and had them put the Mopar ones on. A little pricey, but I had a discount coupon from buying it there and I like how these give me a step up to the roof rack.
How much did the stealership charge for the install?
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Upgraded to 430N RHB MyGig }{ 3.6L V6 Laredo X }{ Off-Road Adventure I }{ Trail Rated }{ QTII }{ Selec-Terrain }{ OEM Skid Plate Group }{ Flex Fuel[/FONT][/CENTER][/COLOR]
C0mbatChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #24
DirtyTires
2011 WK 

Thanks RP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0mbatChris View Post
How much did the stealership charge for the install?

For the install I called and asked how much the labor would be, and I'm not sure they quoted me correctly. They charged 45 minutes per rail which would be a total of an hour and a half, at $90 per hour ($135 total). I thought that was a pretty good deal, as it would take me all day to do something like that, plus I might need to get a couple tools for it.

For the hitch, they charged me 2 1/2 hours, which is why I thought it was odd because the rails are two parts for less time.

Anyway, they did a nice job with it, but it took them a lot longer than the 1 1/2 hours. They kept it a second day because this was their first install on these. That made me a bit nervous, however they must have researched it as it came out nicely.
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #25
turbospartan
2012 WK 

Where did you go off-roading in that video?
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #26
DirtyTires
2011 WK 

That was Bundy Hills, South of Jackson.

http://www.bundyhilloffroad.com/
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #27
sberling

What size Yakima fairing are you using? A 38" or 44"?

Thanks!!!!
sberling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #28
DirtyTires
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberling View Post
What size Yakima fairing are you using? A 38" or 44"?

Thanks!!!!
I had a '95 GC and this is a 44 that fit nicely on it, but I had to trim it to fit the 2011! I used a hacksaw to get an inch or two from each side, so it fit between the rails. I'm thinking a 38 would fit better on the 2011, unmodified.

I have taken it off for the winter, but here is probably the best pic I have on it. If you download the pic and blow it up a little you should be able to see where I had to chop off the corners at an angle to fit the rails.

Unread 04-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #29
DirtyTires
2011 WK 

Going to do some work on the jeep once the weather breaks a bit, and I get some time. On order are the winch kit, brush guard and skid plate for the front. A lot of that is made to order so I'm sure I have a couple weeks wait. I'm going to try this install myself, so wish me luck!

In the mean time, I had the grill & brow painted (I took the aux lights off for the time being; I'll stick them back on the brush guard). I think I'm going to take the silver strips off the sides, too. I didn't want a silver grill with the black brush guard; overall there was too much chrome for me.

Unread 04-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #30
JetBlast
2014 WK 

Looks great! How much did you spend on the wheels and where did you get them from?
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.