2011 Limited windshield wiper CRAZINESS! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 Limited windshield wiper CRAZINESS!

Tactical Recovery Equipment Soft Shackles!!!Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaWheeler Special! Black Steelies w/ 33" Mickey Thompso

Unread 08-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
ajrunke

2011 Limited windshield wiper CRAZINESS!

I bought a used 2011 GC limited roughly a month ago. Today was the first time I needed to use the wipers. They were possessed!! On the slowest speed, it would start off semi fast for 3 passes then suddenly it shot to super fast. Then it would slow down for a pass and then take off again. I changed through all speed settings and it was like every setting was wide open. I then switched to LO and they slowed down to a speed that I would describe as "medium"; definitely not slow. I pulled into my garage and tested each setting. The wipers would pass once on any setting and then not go anymore.

My wipers seem possessed. If there are no suggestions, I'll take it back to the dealer to look at. I was just hoping for a solution since the dealer is a decent haul away.

Thanks.

ajrunke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
13ovsummit
2013 WK 

^^^ - Does the vehicle have the automatic rain-sense option? If so, that could be what is going on ...
13ovsummit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 07:21 AM   #3
kryogen
2011 WK 

has automatic sensing.

clean the windshield around the sensor area, or just disable speed sensing.
I tend to not really like automatic anything, because, usually, it eventually fails at working properly and I get pissed.
kryogen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Yeah sounds like what happens when the windshield is dirty around the sensor area near the rear view mirror. Or Rainx got on that area, or the windshield was replaced.

You can disable the rain autosense in one of the EVIC settings menus.
Unread 08-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
kryogen
2011 WK 

no rainx near the sensor?
kryogen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #6
ajrunke

I'm sure the dealership coated my car with RainX because the rain drop just balled up and rolled away. I'll check it out after work.
ajrunke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.