2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheel Locks? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheel Locks?

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
2011JGCL
2011 WK 

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheel Locks?

What are the best wheel locks to buy? I want to make certain they do not stick out beyond the other lugs and the face of the rim.

2011JGCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to give you some advice, and being that I live 5 miles from you (hollyood) and I've got personal, real experience with this, take it or leave it.

Just go to autozone and buy whatever they have. Wheel locks are only going to deter the random neighborhood kids in the area that might want to rip off your wheels.

I know this for a couple reasons. 1) I used to work in an auto shop where women would come in with a flat tire and have no clue they even had locking lugs on the car let alone where the key was. You take a $5 sock that is just slightly smaller than the lug, hammer it on and spin the locking lug right off. we did it many times. 2) I have a Jeep SRT8. My wheels were stolen right in the driveway in the front of the house last April. We have them on video and even with the locking lugs it literally took them under 10 minutes to walk in, jack the truck up, remove all 4 wheels and drop it on it's rotors. Almost $10K in wheels and tires gone in under 10 minutes.

Basically I'm just saying, don't rack your brain trying to find the magic locking lug. When I was getting the new rims put on at the Jeep dealer out on 441, the guy was telling me they even have a tool that looks like a socket with a wedge inside. they put it over the lug, hit it with a hammer and the wedge splits the lug right in half.

Thieves suck.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
Cabbie
2011 WK 

I bought these. Living in NYC I can relate....

http://www.justforjeeps.com/wheellocks1.html

Good Price and they are Mopar....

They do not stick out at all as they are OEM

Hope this helped
Unread 06-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
RageOfFury
2011 WK 

Go with the Mopar locks. They are made for the 2011 GC.
RageOfFury is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.