2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sunroof Leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sunroof Leak

Steinjager TJ tube doorsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
2011JeepGrand56

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sunroof Leak

Bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee in September, it is great but it has one fatal flaw. Every time it sits in the rain water gathers somewhere in the drainage system in the sunroof and then overspills into the car.

The first two times I went to the dealership they said it was caused by blockage or "debris" in the drainage system. The third time I went they kept it for two days and in the end they told me that they could not duplicate the problem and left it at that, even tho the service advisor called me the day I dropped it off and told me that a mechanic made some "adjustments" and that he was taking it for further tests..

Rained last night and the leak is progressively getting worse.. Started a compliant with Jeep Corp. and taking it to the dealership once again. Next stop lawyer-ville..FML

I attached some pics. The ones that there was light out was the 2nd time it leaked and the last three are from last night. Its obviously getting worse. Below is the link to my new rendition of the Jeep commercial with the video from last night as well.

YouTube - 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee FAIL

HELP?!?!?!!???

2011JeepGrand56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

My mother drives an 05 that does the same crap. What i figured out was that when your closing it, and it like goes up to seat itself, you need to "help it". Put some upward pressure dead in the center of the glass to help it seat tighter into the seals or whatever.
95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 06:22 AM   #3
markosde

I have a 2011 Overlander we picked up Mid Jan.
Went to close the sun shade & noticed wet spots on it. So I guess we have water collecting in the roof someplace. It's going in for the dealership to check it out on Thursday. Lets see if they correct the problem or if any service bulletin has been released on it.
markosde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
Vertran
2011 XJ Cherokee 

2011 GC Sunroof Leak

I've got the same issue with my Overland. I've noticed dripping from the sunglasses compartment when snow was on the roof and hear a gurgling sound when it's raining. I'm also getting a lot of moisture inside the car. Was the dealer able to solve the leak?
Vertran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
Texas WJ
Web Wheeler

2005 WK 

My guess would be a pinched drain tube.
Unread 03-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
smcginnis87
4X4WK

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas WJ View Post
My guess would be a pinched drain tube.
I second this!

Also just take it to the dealer if they charge you tell them hell no
smcginnis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
Texas WJ
Web Wheeler

2005 WK 

[I'm going to move this into the WK2 tech section.]
Unread 03-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
markosde

No Luck fixing it first time around

So we picked up the car this past Friday the 4th & was told that they cleared the drain in the roof. Well it rained all day this past Sunday, we kept the sun shade open, got in the car yesterday and presto....still large wet spots on the sun visor when we closed it. I guess it's not the roof drain. We dropped it off again this morning & were given a ***** box Grand Caravan minivan from enterprise as a replacement vehicle until the dealership can figure out how to fix it....lets see how long this takes....
markosde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #9
LiquidOxygen

These leaks in the sun roof and the sunglasses holder ARE KNOWN issues and there are rapid response service bullitens right from Chrysler to have them fixed immediately with the posted solution. You fellas need to get more aggressive with your dealerships and ask them to look up the TSB. I have a link to them somewhere. I'll try and find it and post it here.
LiquidOxygen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
LiquidOxygen

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm#TIPS.

TSB # 23-031-10 for sunglass holder drip. I'll post sunroof one next.
LiquidOxygen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #11
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Try bringing it to another dealership. The all honor the warranty.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
BigMikeATL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Do you guys have the big sunroof or the small sunroof that comes with the rear entertainment?
BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.