2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems - Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems - Help!

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
bobbyjo
2011 XJ Cherokee 

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems - Help!

I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and have problems with key recognition from day one when I purchased it brand new from the dealer. I consistantly have issues where the key is not recognized and a sensor says that the key has left the vehicle. Obviously it has not, and this happens while I am driving, in park, sitting at a light, etc. Now it has happened when using the remote start, I cannot enter the car or unlock the door, and once inside, the sensor goes off, with the alarm and I cannot turn the car off or get the alarm to stop for several minutes. I brought it to the dealer again (this is #8) and they say it is just the battery in my key fob. But they have the wrong key - this one wasn't the one we had in the car at the time. They have exchanged one key fob, reset the sensor numerous times, changed key battery and it keeps happening. I need help...any suggestions?

bobbyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
hannsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyjo View Post
I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and have problems with key recognition from day one when I purchased it brand new from the dealer. I consistantly have issues where the key is not recognized and a sensor says that the key has left the vehicle. Obviously it has not, and this happens while I am driving, in park, sitting at a light, etc. Now it has happened when using the remote start, I cannot enter the car or unlock the door, and once inside, the sensor goes off, with the alarm and I cannot turn the car off or get the alarm to stop for several minutes. I brought it to the dealer again (this is #8) and they say it is just the battery in my key fob. But they have the wrong key - this one wasn't the one we had in the car at the time. They have exchanged one key fob, reset the sensor numerous times, changed key battery and it keeps happening. I need help...any suggestions?
Hi... Did you ever get anywhere with this problem? Scary!
hannsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Go to a new dealer. On my '11 I had similar issues and one dealer just could not sort it out and did the typical 'we cant figure it out so we'll pretend there is not a problem in the first place'.

When I was at another dealer for an oil change I asked them to take a look and they said the other guys 'did not complete all the steps to program the fobs properly and the fobs and the Jeep were fine'. No problems since
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.