2011 grand cherokee subwoofer install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 grand cherokee subwoofer install

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
Marcm514
2011 WK 

2011 grand cherokee subwoofer install

Hello, I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this was posted before. Can someone direct me to a thread or a website that would have any information on installing the factory subwoofer and amp into a 2011 jeep grand cherokee that did not come with the sub installed? I have the my gig rbz 430 media center headunit and I would like to install a subwoofer but I want to keep everything factory (personal preference) If anyone knows of a site with information for the subwoofer, amplifier and wiring could you please share the link with me?

Thank you

Marcm514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Wiring diagram here:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/audio/2012_WK_audio_wiring.pdf

Dunno if the rbz is compatible. It is mostly a digital interface to the integrated amplifier in the rear seat area that connects to all the speakers, not only the sub woofer. In other words there is no separate OEM sub amp. Over the years several here have added a sub amp and sub in a couple different methods, however.
Unread 07-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
kkreit01

You will not be able to easily add the OE sub + amp. It will also be very costly. None of the wiring will be there, and I'm sure it would also require a reprogram at dealer. You are much better off going aftermarket. In the end, it would be much easier for the JL Stealthbox + an amp of your choice. It may also be cheaper. The OE amp+sub are nothing to brag about. I wouldn't pay more than $150 for them. You seriously can barely tell the OE sub is there.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
Marcm514
2011 WK 

I'm not to crazy about aftermarket and I like that the factory parts are hidden I had an aftermarket system in an older grand cherokee and hated the wires that connected to the battery and the big ugly woofer box in the trunk.
Unread 07-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
biker2k
2012 WK 

jl stealth box is the way to go it goes in the factory location and makes the stock sub sound like a transistor radio
look it up
http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...cherokee-11-up
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2014, 08:11 AM   #6
kkreit01

If you install it correctly, no one will know. The Stealthbox is installed in the factory sub location. The amp can easily be hidden, and wiring should be invisible if you install correctly. Check out some stealth installs on diyma. Techflex can be added to make wiring look better than OE. You'd have to obtain power to a factory amp also, and I can guarantee that wiring will be more difficult install -- even if you can buy/obtain it.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2014, 08:35 AM   #7
Marcm514
2011 WK 

Well I've decided to take the advice you guys have posted and go with the stealth box. You guys were right factory parts is just to complicated to install.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.