2011 Grand Cherokee starting problem - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 Grand Cherokee starting problem

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 12-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #16
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

Update: My issue was the relay in the TIPM shorting out. It started 8 times back to back after being towed to the dealer. (Go figure.) Then it wouldn't turn over in their shop There is a TSB for a work around on the shorting relay. The relay parts are on back order for a week or two. Relatively cheap fix $ 289.00 including troubleshooting, parts, and install.

Could've been worse, I suppose!

2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
hur1ey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 05:43 AM   #17
dom97
2011 WK 

Just had this same fix done by dealership here for hard to start problem. They said fuel pump intermittent and relay replaced, rewired and new harness installed.
dom97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #18
0627Devildog
2014 WK 

The company that JEEP has contracted for their TIPM's is in serious financial trouble. .. . They have made MANY faulty products for years, and MANY of the symptoms in this thread are evidence of this fact. All of the symptoms listed are related to TIPM issues. This is happening across multiple models. The dealers are giving BOGUS info due to the shortages of the modules, and they are putting band-aid's on a bullet hole IMHO. Jeep HQ hasn't issued a RECALL so if your Out of Warranty your Out of Luck in most cases. The dealership I brought mine too had it 5 times before they got it right. . . . I fell in love with this thing, but I am contemplating putting it up for sale QUICK considering the 3yr/36k (bul****) warranty is ending soon. I have had it in the shop almost as much as I have used it since taking ownership 15 months ago.
0627Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #19
suprtoy

2011 Jeep starter issue

Just got my Grand Cherokee back from dealer after having the starter replaced.
Try to start pushing start button and hear starter click. Started off only once and a while then got worse. Dealer updated TIPM , did not solve the problem so then checked the starter. $425 and 5 days later, new starter and back on road..
suprtoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.