2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements

Unread 04-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
dmakJeep

2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit

I just purchased a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. I assume this is top of the line everything in vehicle. However, I found a few things missing and would like to compare notes from others who purchased the same vehicle.

1. There is no iPod integration cable (control cable) as stated on their web site.
2. There are no Aux ports in the back seat center console as illustrated in the manual.
3. There is no power folding side mirror feature

Am I unique or it is simply documentation error?

Derek

dmakJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to Jeep forum! Congratulations on your purchase, but you are in the wrong forum section. You might have better luck getting your questions answered in the wk2 section.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
verdugan
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmakJeep View Post
3. There is no power folding side mirror feature
US models do not have that feature they way you understood it. They are power mirrors because you can adjust them from inside the vehicle. They are folding as well. However, they are not power-folding.

I know it's a bit confusing as I made the same mistake. I wish they would include power-folding mirrors. It's pretty standard to have them in Europe.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #4
henrysko
2011 WK 

Congrats on your new Summit!

When they sent a "New Owner" survey, I made it a point that power folding mirrors should be a standard feature @ this level.

I suggest you make your opinion known to Jeep.

Best,
Henry
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
dmakJeep

Thanks for the advise. I will definitely give them my feedback. Power folding side mirrors are pretty standard in all luxury SUV.

How about the iPod connection and the video Aux ports? Do you guys have them?

Derek
Unread 04-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #6
dobiegillis

Ipod integration on all except the RER radio is via usb cable in the arrest.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using JeepForum
dobiegillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
dmakJeep

Awesome. Works like a charm!
Unread 04-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #8
dmakJeep

One last thing... In the user manual page 54, it shows a set of video/audio Aux ports. They are intended for plug in a video camcorder to playback on the TV as an example. I don't see the ports in my car. Is that a US vs Europe model again?
Unread 04-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
Brady12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmakJeep
One last thing... In the user manual page 54, it shows a set of video/audio Aux ports. They are intended for plug in a video camcorder to playback on the TV as an example. I don't see the ports in my car. Is that a US vs Europe model again?
That would be for the DVD entertainment system if you have it I believe
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #10
dmakJeep

Yes, I have the DVD entertainment system (VES) in the back seat. So I do expect to have the Aux video/audio ports in the back. I wonder it it was an oversight...
Unread 04-29-2011, 02:14 AM   #11
RE3315

dmakJeep-I've been wondering the same thing about the VES rear video aux jacks.

I have a 2011 GC Overland Summit with the 430N / RHB Media Center and Factory Rear Video Entertainment system (VES) and likewise/strangely do not have the Rear Video Aux Ports (red-white-yellow) on the rear of the center console above the AC outlet as shown on page 20 and 54 of my 2011 User Guide (see attached pics). Page 51 of my UG says "The Aux Jacks are located on the rear of the center console." I have seen certain models of 2011 Grand Cherokees with these video aux jacks & VES on the lot so I know they exist.

Wonder if the center console is pre-wired and the ports could be added to the panel? Is it related to the Media Center system type (430N/RHB?) - Nearly all rear DVD systems that I've seen on other vehicles have these video aux inputs (including my Mazda w/aftermarket DVD system), sometimes located on the system itself.
aux-jacks.jpg   aux-jack-location.jpg  
RE3315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 11:29 PM   #12
dmakJeep

Interesting... My GC Overland Summit is equipped with the 730N. When did you get your GC? I think am going to ask the dealer.

Derek
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #13
RE3315

I purchased my 2011 Jeep GC Overland Summit at the end of March 2011.
I have the 430N/RHB Media Center w/Factory Video Entertainment System, but no AUX Video Jacks. Let me know if you find out anything from your dealer.
Seems to be unreleated to type of Media center since you have 730N and I have 430N.
RE3315 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.