2011 gcl - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 gcl

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #1
HITMONEY
RubiKong's Trainer

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thumbs up 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited HEMI 4X4

Just picked up a 2011 GC Limited Hemi 4x4 in "Brillant Black" tonight..

Quadra-Trac II, Luxury Group II, Trailer Group IV, Mygig NAV 730n, 20" wheels

I was looking to get an Overland for the past couple weeks but couldn't find a 4x4 the way I wanted it.. way to many 4x2's out there and I refuse to drive a 4x2 Jeep anything.

Then today I happened across this Limited that was loaded up with almost every option. The Command View Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof is pretty kick *** BTW, and I will take that over a rear DVD system any day.

I was a 3 Wrangler (all lifted JK's) family and an F-750 tow rig. had nothing really practical to even go out to a nice dinner in without my girl needing to be lifted out of Jeep if she was wearing a dress and valet parking the F-750 is a bit of a challenge..lol

So I parted with the 07 2 door JK today and picked up the GC. So far I am really happy.. The Hemi GC is so smooth, quiet and solid... I am really not use to not hearing a soft top flap.. lol

The Auto Leveling Bi-Xenon headlamps are amazing... I really dig the automatic hi-beams.. freaked me out at first.

The A/C seats get COLD... but kinda make you feel like you wet yourself.. LOL
I dunno how much use I will get out of the heated steering wheel here in Miami.

The Alpine sound system is pretty sweet.. though I am not a real big fan of the Mygig units.. never have been. Wish I could have gotten a Garmin unit but they arent out yet.. at least here anyway. Would be nice if there was an easy way to update to one when they come out.?.

The Quadra - Trac II, I can't say anything yet as i havent used it.. probably not going to come into use alot anyway but its there if i need it. I have a JK on 40's for that kinda stuff.. this GC is my "Mall Crawler".

Dealers really aren't "dealing" on these to much if at all. Its pretty much sticker or you aint getting one. I did get what i wanted for my trade though which makes up for it a bit. I am use to being an early adopter and if you are gonna be one you can't cry about the $$ to much.

Looking forward to something a bit more comfy to drive everyday, and not get water poured in on me, have to yell at my passenger so they can hear me, and compress my vertebrate over all the speed bumps in my neighborhood every morning and night. The GC flies over them without even the need to slow down much. LOVE IT.

My only complaint so far is that the seats feel a bit hard but hopefully i will get use to them.

The 2011 GC is not a Wrangler.. if you are looking for an off-roader get a JK. The GC is more for an occasional trail, some camping, pulling a small boat or some skis, a vehicle that you can feel confident in in inclement weather.
You aren't going to find many of these on Hell's Revenge in Moab.. even though it is capable of it in its 4x4 version.

I have owned more vehicles then I can properly remember and all in all I give this one a

I might trade up for the SRT version though next year.

I will throw up some better pictures tomorrow, for now this is all I got... parked next to the JK I traded.

YouTube Channel HERE
FaceBook HERE
HITMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Bozer

Congrats - I'm so jealous. I test drove the V8 Overland yesterday and I can't wait to get one. I'm ready to buy right now but none are available.

Question - what features are you missing from the Overland version? Im guessing the nappa leather
Bozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
smcginnis87
4X4WK

2007 WK 

O i know it sucks i want a new jeep right now but there are so many new things coming out with the WK.... and then in a year or 2 they will be coming out with the srt8!!!!!! and now the new wrangler its so hard to pic
smcginnis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
HITMONEY
RubiKong's Trainer

2008 JK Wrangler 

Went back to the dealer today to drop off the back seat and saw DD's (my JK trade) in the prime spot in their lot like a Halo vehicle.. Pretty cool and sad to see at the same time.. Driving the GC later made me feel all better though!!

Here are the pics..

YouTube Channel HERE
FaceBook HERE
Unread 09-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
HITMONEY
RubiKong's Trainer

2008 JK Wrangler 

The button that has the image of an outlet on it turns on the inverter:

The inverter socket:

YouTube Channel HERE
FaceBook HERE
Unread 09-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
volvite
1999 WJ 

Love it. Nice pick.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
-Shoey-
2003 KJ Liberty 

That is suhweet.
USN Jeep Club #115
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
jonesark

Lookin good!!
jonesark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
smcginnis87
4X4WK

2007 WK 

looks good man!!! i bet the guy with the WK behind you is a little jealous
smcginnis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #10
Qrex
2011 WK 

Congrats man; I just picked up a White Limited with the Off-Road group 1 package....
Qrex is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.