2011 Front Shock/Strut Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 Front Shock/Strut Replacement

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
jmmodb
2011 WK 

Wk 2011 Front Shock/Strut Replacement

Hello there...newbie here. I've searched this forum and googled the heck out of replacing my cartridges for front shocks on 2011 Wk2 (without fancy air suspension). I have the 2WD 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 70th Anniversary Edition and need to change the front struts. I've called all local repair shops and no one can seem to get their hand on replacement struts/shocks....it's been very frustrating. A couple of the local shops said that I would have to contact dealer. I did that, and they want an outrageous amount of money just to replace front struts.

I've done strut type changes before and am familiar with strut compressors, etc...and am not afraid to change them myself and then go get an alignment, but can't spend the amount of $$ the dealer wants.

Any info, advice, or those who have changed theirs out with any tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

jmmodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Have you checked with forum sponsor moparonlineparts.com ? They are a dealer that sells parts at a discount.
Unread 02-19-2014, 06:02 AM   #3
jmmodb
2011 WK 

ColdCase...thanks! Mopar online is showing 3 different products that show w/o leveling, and w/o air suspension, which is what my WK2 is, and the prices range from around $65 - $105 each...which is waaayyyy better than the dealer. Since the 3 products do not list/state any differences, or even part numbers, even when added to cart, I will have to call Mopar Online and see what the differences are.

Thanks again!
Unread 02-19-2014, 07:04 AM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

When I've purchased items there, they always ask for the VIN. If you forget to list it, they send me an email requesting the VIN. They won't sell parts unless your VIN matches up with the part number.
Unread 02-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #5
jmmodb
2011 WK 

ColdCase..thanks soooo much again for the tips. I called MoparPartsOnline, and was unable to reach a representative and didn't want to email questions back and forth. However, I was able to get in touch a seller from Alabama, RoundTree Mopar Parts and spoke to very helpful sales person. He guided me through ordering the correct parts, matched with my VIN. I ordered the new front and rear cartridges, shock mounts, and insulators, for a very reasonable price. The fun part will begin in a couple days when I wrestle with strut compressors! whoohoo.

Thanks again!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.