2011 5.7 hemi.. few ??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011 5.7 hemi.. few ???

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #16
BManz
2011 WK 

Here's a 0-60mph real world video of a 2011 Hemi Grand Cherokee I found per a friend's discovery. It's the only real world video that I've seen and it appears to be 7sec flat 0-60 if not a tic quicker. I clocked mine like a backyard-shadetree mechanic: handheld stopwatch and was consistently high 6s.

http://videobam.com/IPDRZ

Looks like the real deal (unedited) to me.

BManz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #17
Adam4356

I never drove the pentastar so i can't compare but the Hemi fits perfectly in this vehicle. Power is great, drives great, sounds great.

I have no regrets, get 20mpg hwy and don't mind.

Best riding SUV i've been in in a while. ML is similar.

Not a huge fan of the play in the steering wheel off center. Responsive enough, no complaints.
04 GTO 5.7
Adam4356 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #18
lip
2011 WK 

We've had our Laredo hemi for a few months. Also have an 07 m45 as my daily driver.

Handles well, especially considering the weight. Nicely weighted steering, decent dampening, bump control could be better, albeit with a sacrifice to ride and off-road capability(i.e. srt-8 )Power is very decent, though the tranny and associated programming are a bit of a let down. As for being faster than a Cayenne S? Not sure about that one, sounds like a stretch. That said shifts are extremely smooth. You can milk mpg out these things once you get the hang of cylinder deactivation. Overall very pleased with this vehicle and happy I bought it. After driving the v6 and v8 back to back the choice was clear for me.
lip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #19
Brady12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase
If you like a stable ride, choose the 18 inch tires as the stock 20s are a bit twitchy, following road imperfections. The GC is very maneuverable and handles very well with little driver correction/input required, the hemi is a blast. Pro reviewers say that only the porsche has better SUV road manners. If you want to relax, get yourself the advanced warning and adaptive cruise package as you set the speed where you want and it will adjust to highway traffic. You can drive for hours without touching the brake or gas peddle.

But highway manners is subjective, so test drive.
I have never had any problems w/my 20" wheel/tire combo with floating. The hemi is amazing. Drive both the v6 and hemi back to back and the choice will be clear
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #20
Snipe315
2012 WK 

My 2012 Overland V8 with 18" tires is a joy on the road and at high speed.

It corners much better than my 2005 4Runner did and also feels more stable at 100+ Mph.

The Hemi has great power in the middle range and passes with ease.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/poll-wk2-owners-ql-1154625/
Snipe315 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #21
christianbe
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I am an XJ 4.0 man myself, but we get the HEMI 5.7 and 6.1 Grand Cherokees in the shop all the time and they are very impressive to say the least. In fact... we see quite a few of them on the drag strips in the MOPAR competitions. There is a ton of aftermarket support for these engines that will take them from small bolt-on 20hp - 40hp gains, all the way through supercharger applications. We are still in R&D mode for the 2011 -2012 models, but the 2010 and back are a wide open playing field. You can pretty much get them to perform however you see fit, based on your wants and needs.
christianbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #22
dmk1
2011 WK 

For the record, our 2011 Cayenne S will dust our much loved 2011 WK2 (Overland with Hemi). There is no comparison in acceleration from a stop or at freeway speeds, but it was also twice the price.

Both great vehicles.
dmk1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.