2011-12 GC Mileage - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2011-12 GC Mileage

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 11-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #16
supersport126
1984 CJ7 

Update: 2500 miles and computer says 24mpg. It's getting better! Wow does this thing hold some fuel or what? 75$ fill ups, gotta love it..

supersport126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #17
SDRONO

Thanks all for your responses!!
SDRONO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #18
fotomatt1

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Laredo X, but have been going back and forth between the V6 and the Hemi. The mileage is a little bit of a concern for me, but I also am worried that the V6 is a little underpowered for a 5000lb vehicle. What kind of range are people getting on a tank of gas? I know it holds 25gal, so it should make it a long way. Also, what kind of gas are you putting in your cars? 87...89...93?
fotomatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #19
fljeepleo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomatt1
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Laredo X, but have been going back and forth between the V6 and the Hemi. The mileage is a little bit of a concern for me, but I also am worried that the V6 is a little underpowered for a 5000lb vehicle. What kind of range are people getting on a tank of gas? I know it holds 25gal, so it should make it a long way. Also, what kind of gas are you putting in your cars? 87...89...93?
1. The V6 has plenty of power, we are talking about a 1 second 0-60 difference between it and the Hemi. The only reason I would consider the Hemi is if I needed to tow past 5k pounds.

2. The V6 requires 87 octane. The Hemi recommends 89.

3. I strictly use my V6 for in town driving which I average about 490 miles to a tank.

Nobody can make the decision for you, you can check this forum and find hundreds of arguments about which motor is better. Drive both, if you need a a Hemi to sleep well then get it. Either motor is great, one costs a bit more in fuel and maintenance (16 Hemi spark plugs changed every 36k miles compared to 6 V6 plugs changed at 100k miles) but one also affords you an extra 2k pounds in towing capacity due to its larger brakes.

Snoop around on this forum you will find this same topic gets brought to the table every week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7, QD2
fljeepleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #20
peckmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
I only have 500 miles on my 12 Overland w/hemi. I'm getting 17+ with mixed driving. Haven't really taken a road trip so I don't have highway only numbers yet. I use 87 but will use 89 when I tow. Don't expect any change in mileage with 89 over 87 since octane does nothing for mileage. The difference in mileage, between v6 vs v8, according to EPA is only 3 mpg, so in my opinion its really not that much. The power of the hemi is nice. I get about 350 to 400 miles per tank. This sure beats my 98 Tahoe that had a 30 gal tank and got 12 mpg. The JGC is a nice ride so I hope you make the move that you will enjoy.
peckmv is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.