2000 Jeep Cherokee Heater Core Bypass - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
GWPickard
2000 XJ Cherokee 

2000 Jeep Cherokee Heater Core Bypass

I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. with 4.7l engine. I need to bypass the heater core for a few weeks until I can have the core replaced. I saw that I can splice two hoses together to bypass the heater core. Can you please tell me what type of fitting I would need? Or what the internal diameter is of the 2 lines I need to connect for the bypass.

I think I saw someone else had used a copper tube. Also, I think someone else said the two lines that need to be connected are different sizes. I am confused and would really appreciate some input if you are familiar with this. Thanks very much!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
V8WJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPickard
I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. with 4.7l engine. I need to bypass the heater core for a few weeks until I can have the core replaced. I saw that I can splice two hoses together to bypass the heater core. Can you please tell me what type of fitting I would need? Or what the internal diameter is of the 2 lines I need to connect for the bypass.

I think I saw someone else had used a copper tube. Also, I think someone else said the two lines that need to be connected are different sizes. I am confused and would really appreciate some input if you are familiar with this. Thanks very much!!
Try the WJ section. Much more help available there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.