Originally Posted by roadkingg1
Based on the response this must be an isolated case. Back to the dealer for the 4th time. Any stratiges for dealing with the dealer who tells me "it's a normal" and then says they can't feel it? Maybe I'll see if they'll buy it back. Thanks!
TSB 21-003-13 may relate to your vehicle’s concern:
Flash: Drivetrain Control Module (DCTM) - Transfer Case Operational Enhancements
This bulletin involves flashing the Drivetrain Control Module (DCTM)
2011 - 2013 WD Durango
2011 - 2013 WK Grand Cherokee
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with the QUADRA-TRAC II 4WD
System or Two Speed On Demand Transfer Case (Sales Code DKA) and the
• 230MM Rear Axle (Sales Code DR1) and Electronic Limited Slip
Differential (Sales Code DSF)
• 230MM Rear Axle (Sales Code DR1) without Electronic Limited Slip
Differential built after May 1, 2011 (MDH 0501XX).
• 195MM Rear Axle (Sales Code DRH) (all 3.6L engine equipped (Sales
Code ERB) built after May 1, 2011 (MDH 0501XX).
Owners may indicate that they have experienced one or more of the following symptoms:
1. A driveline bump is felt during acceleration at approximately 10 mph (16 kph).
2. The SERV 4WD message appears and the vehicle shifts from 4WD to 2WD.
3. Binding of the front driveline while turning on steep grades at speeds around 3 - 5 mph
(5 - 8 kph).