~ The Walking Dead ~~ - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > ~ The Walking Dead ~~

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #106
Keith
Admin

Another major let down. So much doesn't make sense. How did that entire zombie herd just come out of nowhere and be so close that fast? Why the hell are they driving around in jalopys??

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #107
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Honestly the comic book was alot better then the show but I still find it entertaining
Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #108
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed with the season premier...
sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #109
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose340 View Post
Honestly the comic book was alot better then the show but I still find it entertaining
Agree. The comic has a lot of slow and then a bunch of fast.

With regards to last night, I find it odd that Carol wasn't out hunting for Sophia. The zombie herd was a little odd, but wow that make up is good.

I'm also glad to see hints of Andrea and rifles. I really hope they keep that element. The previews seem to hint that the show is keeping on coarse with the comic with a few filler characters and episodes.

Also to give credit, I really like Dale. The actor is doing a pretty good job. The actress for Lori is nailing it too. I hated her in the comic and I hate her in the show.
Unread 10-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #110
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Another major let down. So much doesn't make sense. How did that entire zombie herd just come out of nowhere and be so close that fast? Why the hell are they driving around in jalopys??

You sound like my wife...Horror films/shows aren't supposed to make sense...only make suspense and well...Horror. If everyone asked "What? That made no sense...how the..." then Horror would not have any fans. Why does Michael Myers keep coming back, why does Jason never stinking stay dead, how does Freddy Krueger keep getting ressurected in the minds of children, why don't they just burn the damn cube that keeps letting Pinhead out, how in the world did Ash ever make it out of the woods alive? See...don't ask questions just watch and let the mindless matter control your brain for an hour.
Unread 10-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #111
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I agree Dale is a good actor. Some of the acting in the show is lacking like the CDC doctor was not believable at all.

Meanwhile.... I have kids. Never in a million years would I let one of my kids walk up to a ten point buck. WTF were they thinking? That animal could kill that kid in seconds! It's not freaking Bambi!
I had a feeling they wre going to do something bad with the kids this episode because the entire time they kept putting the kids in frame. Too obvious.
And what was with the zombies sitting in church? Were they praying? Huh? They don't have higher brain function for that.
The special effects are great. I'm bagging on the show but I really like it. Just put some forward thinking into it and pretend the audience has an IQ over 90.
They are already filming season three. You can enter the sweepstakes to be a walk-on walker.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #112
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

^The church scene pays homage to George Romero's thinking in Dawn of the Dead...not saying that they have a higher intelligence but more of an instinct or recollection of doing something.

Anybody notice the 5k Zombie survival run being held in Pittsburgh in 2012? Can't wait!
Unread 10-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #113
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
^The church scene pays homage to George Romero's thinking in Dawn of the Dead...not saying that they have a higher intelligence but more of an instinct or recollection of doing something.

Anybody notice the 5k Zombie survival run being held in Pittsburgh in 2012? Can't wait!
They are doing one in L.A. too.

My kids are doing a 5K Zombie Run/Walk on Halloween weekend. Zombies are becoming more popular eh?
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #114
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
yes, but how did that zombie know to go in the rv and look around? thats not instinct.
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #115
Keith
Admin

Quote:
You sound like my wife...Horror films/shows aren't supposed to make sense...only make suspense and well...Horror. If everyone asked "What? That made no sense...how the..." then Horror would not have any fans. Why does Michael Myers keep coming back, why does Jason never stinking stay dead, how does Freddy Krueger keep getting ressurected in the minds of children, why don't they just burn the damn cube that keeps letting Pinhead out, how in the world did Ash ever make it out of the woods alive? See...don't ask questions just watch and let the mindless matter control your brain for an hour.
I disagree completely. Zombie genre might technically be horror and these zombies seem more supernatural but that does not mean the writers can be so lazy as to create completely fictitious situations when they don't need to.

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #116
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I disagree completely. Zombie genre might technically be horror and these zombies seem more supernatural but that does not mean the writers can be so lazy as to create completely fictitious situations when they don't need to.
The two topics you brought up are useless to worry about...you questioned how the herd moved in so quickly...well they were stopped on the highway with how many vehicles obstructing their view? Easy answer, they were crawling through there and no one noticed them. The other was about them driving jalopy's around...Someone that owns an 88' YJ and knows it like the back of their hand and knows that it's reliable would probably feel more comfortable depending on that than a strange vehicle abandoned along the highway. Just saying...in that situation stick with what you know and don't rely on a vehicle laying stranded to carry you across the country.

Now if their RV breaks down permanently then I'd suggest stealing a new ride...same as all the other vehicles used.

For the other poster about the zombie in the RV...I'd have to assume that he smelled something but could not find it. She had no dead bodies or anything to cover up the smell of fresh inhabitants.

If you focus on creating a film in a "reality" manner it's going to be boring...situations need to be created to create suspense at proper moments. Hell...had they seen the herd coming 2 miles away then where is the suspense? If that zombie walked into the RV and stumbled around and then back out where is the suspense? If they weren't driving old *** cars that could die at any moment where is the suspense? I think if suspensful Horror related films were derived strictly on reality then we wouldn't be entertained enough by them to care. Why the hell do people even bother running from zombies in the first place? Get yourself some gasoline, lighter, beer, food and guns and sit on your roof target practicing!
Unread 10-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #117
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

if one zombie smelled some chick hiding in the bathroom of an rv, how would 50 of them not smell the other dozen people hiding under cars? im not asking you to explain all of these misunderstandings, im just saying no movie is perfect with this kind of stuff
Unread 10-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #118
LeeIndy
1976 CJ5 

i think it heard her.
Unread 10-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #119
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIndy View Post
i think it heard her.
i know it heard her as it was walking out, but i dont remember how much noise she was making before it came in. ill have to watch it again when i go home this weekend
Unread 10-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #120
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

She dropped her gun parts and they rang, noise.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.