~ The Walking Dead ~~ - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > ~ The Walking Dead ~~

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 02-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #826
CJunk
1984 CJ7 

I think they are worried about the disease going airborne.

Good catch on the knife thing- I missed that one.

CJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #827
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooneys01TJ View Post
I dunno man, I don't really like the fact of watching a show with like 3 characters in it. I like where the show is going.

How can Rick kill Shane? As crazy as he is, Shane is very important to the group's safety at this point.
3-5 characters is optimal for zombie esque films; I'd imagine a show could survive easily! The Dead, Dawn of the Dead (original), Night of the Living Dead 68' and 94', Zombi, The Beyond, City of the Living Dead, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Nightmare City...need I go on?

Easy; Rick should have beat Shanes skull in with his fists. They don't NEED Shane because all he does is cause unnecessary strain and strife in the group. Sure he's done some stuff on the show only because Rick hasn't been able too...doesn't mean Daryl couldn't have stepped up and did the job without bringing the highschool ***** boyfriend deal to the table.

Kill of some damn characters or I'm done watching this ****ty *** show...they fired all the first season writers and this is what you get. I think this show should be handed over to the makers of Glee/American Horror Story or even House...House writers have more balls then these ones do.
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #828
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The disease can't go airborne or everyone would be a zombie. The way the comic outlines things, if you die you become one. It was one of those aha moments. It was a terrible, grotesque scene in the comic that led to a great solo run for Rick.

They didn't seem to be following that in the show (specifically all the dead in the cars on the highway). I suppose they could do it now like you're thinking. Instead of it going airborne, it is mutating to raise any dead not just those bitten.

You guys should really check out the comics. If you're too cool for that, try the "graphic novel" trade paper backs (TPB). If for nothing else, realizing how bad-*** Carl and Andrea become.
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #829
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger View Post
If for nothing else, realizing how bad-*** Carl and Andrea become.
**SPOILER ALERT** would've been nice...
[COLOR="White"][B][SIZE="3"]White Jeep Club #1904[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[U][B]Useful Write-ups:[/B][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-forum-faq-615132/"]TJ FAQ[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp (A must read)[/URL]
[URL="http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html"]Recovery Tips[/URL]
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #830
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

^waiting for Carl and Andrea to become "cool" in the show might take 12 seasons at the rate they're going with the "big 3" (Shane, Rick and Lori). Notice in the previews for the next episode Shane is still boo hooing and crying about Rick being in charge.
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #831
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
3-5 characters is optimal for zombie esque films; I'd imagine a show could survive easily! The Dead, Dawn of the Dead (original), Night of the Living Dead 68' and 94', Zombi, The Beyond, From Beyond (Zombie like creatures), Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Nightmare City...need I go on?

The Walking Dead, specifically the writer Robert Kirkman stated frequently that this in not a zombie-typical story. It is less about the zombies and more about what people do to live, survive in the zombie apocalypse.

Watch Zombieland for your action fix. The Walking Dead will likely continue to go into the relationships and the conflict of the survivalists and those not easily willing to give up "humanity". Dale's role is narrator for the people who can't figure that out.

I think the bar scene is a microcosm of the point Kirkman is aiming for. How will people react when civilization falls? You can read The Road to see how humans devolve. How quickly people can regress into savages. Now add a sprinkle of zombies for a little spice.
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #832
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
**SPOILER ALERT** would've been nice...
Sorry, the show is not following the comic exactly. It might not happen. I agree with the poster that said they would kill the kids because they age too quickly for the storyline.
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #833
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger View Post
Watch Zombieland for your action fix. The Walking Dead will likely continue to go into the relationships and the conflict of the survivalists and those not easily willing to give up "humanity". Dale's role is narrator for the people who can't figure that out.
I could name you a list of films to view if you want to see humanity falling...that's not really the point I was trying to make. Had Season 2 some how been Season 1 then yes...I'll let it slide that it's a dramatic waste of celluloid. However, Season 1 set the stage for one hell of a ride with ZOMBIES...not people acting like ****tards and crying over this and that. This show is NOTHING like what civilization would be like...seriously? It's the end of the ****ing world and "survivalists" (as everyone here calls him) like Shane are acting like little twats whining about a girl because her husband (his friend and partner) came back from the grave.

The Walking Dead has turned into the Real World meets the apocalyptic show that Discovery/History or Sci-Fi had on air. If they didn't actually put the characters into stupid **** situations (like Lori crashing the car, Herschel running off to the bar, etc.) there would be no zombies. Because zombies exist the absolute presence of danger needs to exist and I'm not buying what they're writing.

Once "The Mortuary" comes back online there is a very well organized and well stated thread going on about the Walking Dead...worth a read; access it through www.rue-morgue.com in a week or two and it should be up and running.
Unread 02-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #834
JK_Driver

2010 JK Wrangler 

Gomez, very good catch on Shane killing the guard with his knife prior to cutting his hand in the bus, I missed that scene or just didn't remember it. I had to watch it again!!

Willydigger, didn't we see a devolution of society when hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, after the cops vacated the city. That's why I have been stockpiling some handguns, knives, rifles, bullets and more bullets!!
Unread 02-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #835
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't mean to come off preachy. I love the comic, like the show and don't mind what they're doing.
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #836
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey, if the show bores you, there are one or two other channels on the box.
I think they are doing a pretty damned good job with it. The makeup is amazing. I especially liked the scene where the zombie was pushing his face through the broken windshield safety glass and peeling his skin off. Great job on that one. Cudos to the special FX guys/gals.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #837
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
The makeup is amazing. I especially liked the scene where the zombie was pushing his face through the broken windshield safety glass and peeling his skin off. Great job on that one. Cudos to the special FX guys/gals.
Was on the tail end of dinner while watching that scene. Almost lost it.
[COLOR="White"][B][SIZE="3"]White Jeep Club #1904[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[U][B]Useful Write-ups:[/B][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-forum-faq-615132/"]TJ FAQ[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp (A must read)[/URL]
[URL="http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html"]Recovery Tips[/URL]
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #838
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez

Was on the tail end of dinner while watching that scene. Almost lost it.
Right there with you. I immediately put my food down. The skin peeling back- wow
Trail Jammers, NC
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/n...bicon-2137905/
Corigirlloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #839
umbra
2014 KL Cherokee 

Looked a lot like my ex-mother in law. except the mouth was smaller.
umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #840
Cooneys08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbra View Post
Looked a lot like my ex-mother in law. except the mouth was smaller.

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.