~ The Walking Dead ~~ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > ~ The Walking Dead ~~

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 10-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #61
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJCHRIS View Post
Im a fan of the oil rig idea. Id much rather have a large yacht. Not too kean on a huge ship though.(too much room to cover and keep guard) but getting a large yacht and park it at an oil rig would be nice. The oil rig i think would have ways of making fresh water. Plenty of space for a decent amount of controllable people and room for storage. Put up fencing around the perimeter and always have more than one person on guard.
Where the hell would the zombies come from out at sea?

[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #62
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Well if they don't have to breath then their bodies won't have air inside them and they will not be buoyant. Theire is a chance(small but still a chance that i refuse to take in this scenario) that one may be able to walk across the ocean floor. Find the pilons and climb up. All it takes is one to ruin your day!!!
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #63
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Well if they don't have to breath then their bodies won't have air inside them and they will not be buoyant. Theire is a chance(small but still a chance that i refuse to take in this scenario) that one may be able to walk across the ocean floor. Find the pilons and climb up. All it takes is one to ruin your day!!!
yes but it is much more likely that a shark or current would take it away. and you dont have a tracking chip in you that zombies can sense, so i find it highly unlikely they could keep up with a boat and find you out on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean.
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #64
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

I argue your shark theory. Sharks have a great since of smell. If they smell something that is just pure rot and or dangerous they may decide to stay away from it. (but important no shark expert so i don't know) its just a decision i made to always have more than one guard. Also never go anywhere alone. Always have someone watching your back. If anything does happen and someone hides the fact that they got bit or if a random zombie did get on it could kill everyone! Better to be safe than sorry!
Unread 10-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #65
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Im no shark expert. Stupid smart phone. Ha ha
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:21 AM   #66
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

They do breath though. The brain stem is kept alive while everything else dies. That's why one of the tell tale signs one is near you is that annoying raspy breathing. Not to mention what the ocean water would bloat up the walker/ocean currents + pressure would make it a impossible for it to get near you before it's decayed the the point it can't get you.

And lastly, they're line-of-sight feeders for the most part. So even if they see your vessel out on the horizon they wouldn't bother walking out.

Sent from my glowing umbrella while hunting Replicants.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #67
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJCHRIS
I argue your shark theory. Sharks have a great since of smell. If they smell something that is just pure rot and or dangerous they may decide to stay away from it. (but important no shark expert so i don't know) its just a decision i made to always have more than one guard. Also never go anywhere alone. Always have someone watching your back. If anything does happen and someone hides the fact that they got bit or if a random zombie did get on it could kill everyone! Better to be safe than sorry!
Also, isolating the passengers after boarding the first time and testing the blood every two weeks for the first 2-3 months. After that there should be no need unless people go on missions to land.

Sent from my glowing umbrella while hunting Replicants.
Unread 10-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #68
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Ok i like your your thinking as well. If this event ever does happen expect a call from me! Ha ha. You got some points about the water and pressure i didn't think about. Good thinking!!
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #69
Philly
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Read "World War Z" and "The Zombie Survival Guide"

Actually great reads.

The Walking Dead is based on very graphic comics. Far more gruesome then they could ever allow on cable TV. Season 1 deviated from the comics' plot quite a bit so do not expect it to be the same story.

Love the show and cant wait for the new season.
Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #70
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I've seen the comic books but never even opened one. They any good?
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #71
Philly
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I've seen the comic books but never even opened one. They any good?
They are quite good; and shocking to say the least.

They are up to 89 issues now so if you want to read them try to find someone to borrow them from or start getting them online. If you go that route I recommend getting the trade paperbacks (like 3 issues in one book) or get the hardcovers which are I think 6 issues in 1 book.

Highly recommended
Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #72
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

I've read the zombie survival guide and half of world war z. I liked the survival guide. World war z is a little odd. Great gory and gruesome stories though!
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #73
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok i like your your thinking as well. If this event ever does happen expect a call from me! Ha ha. You got some points about the water and pressure i didn't think about. Good thinking!!
I have a really, really active imagination when I should be doing productive things instead. Lucky for you, you had caught me at work.
Unread 10-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #74
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've read the zombie survival guide and half of world war z. I liked the survival guide. World war z is a little odd. Great gory and gruesome stories though!
World War Z is IMO the best zombie based book out there. The Survival Guide is just that, a guide. There is no story, plot, fun behind it. Boring.

World War Z, two thumbs up.
Survival Guide, pass.

For an odd Zombie story, try Rise Again by Ben Tripp.

Regarding the Walking Dead comic, I second the Trade Paper Backs. They are more "Graphic Novel" and less "Comic Book". Good collector pieces. You'll see just how bizarre and graphic the comic story is compared to the show (at least the first season). The plot is very close with some independent side stories. Based on knowing both, I think they did a pretty good job with casting (specifically Rick, Carl, Dale, Glenn, Jim). Not so much (Andrea, Carol) they are younger in the TPB.
Unread 10-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #75
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

When your kids are older they are going to ask you.....

"Where were YOU on October 16th at 9pm PST?"

I'll proudly answer.... "In my theater watching The Walking Dead on my 163 inch screen and 7.1 THX surround of course!"

Popcorn and beer will be there with me of course.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.