~ The Walking Dead ~~ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > ~ The Walking Dead ~~

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #46
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Yea the entire CDC plot didn't make much sense.

They should keep focus on character development like Lost but then give the characters missions like having to go into the City to go do things. Also they could spread the focus to be camp vs. camp whereas the group is not only dealing with the constant zombie threat but also other survivors.
They kind of did that in the episode with the Vatos in the old folks home. That was a nice stressful episode that you had no idea how it would turn out.

But what is with the late 70's Winnebago motorhome? Really? Wouldn't a diesel pusher be easier to get fuel for among other things? If it breaks down throw it away and get another one. Maybe a converted armored car or two? But a Winnebago Brave? No steel mesh on the windows?
And what about putting some trip wires around camp? Or even some claymores?
And why was the CDC guy trying to "cure" the zombies? Why not find a virus strain that would kill them and not the living?

Hopefully the new writers will do better. Still a good premise for a series.

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #47
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
On a private yacht with a helicopter on the back. Zombies don't swim and I doubt they could operate a boat. Bring lots of weapons, fishing poles, wimminz, and beer. I can drive a boat and I can fly a helicopter and I can fire a .50 cal from the fantail.

Maybe swap out this helicopter for an Apache or Cobra.....
Swap out the fuel tanks for lithium-ion battery packs, replace motor with AC brush-less motor and cover the whole damn thing in solar panels.

But your ship would be a shiny beacon all day long.
Unread 10-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #48
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

That and the black solar panels would be hot!

Best thing to do is to gather up a bunch of living people and grab an aircraft carrier. You could grow crops on the flight deck, just leave enough room on the deck for helicopters. Grow hydroponic gardens in the hangar decks, it make's it's own water, nuke powered, and plenty of room for thousands of people.
Just stay out to sea or head over to Kauai and kill all the zombies there and live on the island.
Zombies don't have a life span because they're already dead. So you can't wait them out.
RJC#512
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #49
paulygi
2012 JK Wrangler 

I thought maybe in Breaking Bad they were bringing in Zombies when Gus came out

oh spoiler

Great shows, the both of them. Too bad AMC think Mad men deserves more funding.
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #50
Kerovick

Claymores or other loud explosions would draw the zombies to the camp once something set it off.

As for the writing, I beleive this series is based off of a series of comic books so the plot is pretty much already wrote
Kerovick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #51
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerovick View Post
As for the writing, I beleive this series is based off of a series of comic books so the plot is pretty much already wrote
Yes.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #52
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
That and the black solar panels would be hot!

Best thing to do is to gather up a bunch of living people and grab an aircraft carrier. You could grow crops on the flight deck, just leave enough room on the deck for helicopters. Grow hydroponic gardens in the hangar decks, it make's it's own water, nuke powered, and plenty of room for thousands of people.
Just stay out to sea or head over to Kauai and kill all the zombies there and live on the island.
Zombies don't have a life span because they're already dead. So you can't wait them out.
If zombies required air then you'd be safe on an island but if they didn't then they'd just walk along the bottom of the ocean and migrate to where you were.

I like the island idea too, play it like water world for a while and then go find a nice 6sq mile island where you could make a fortress. MMM calamari and crab for the rest of your life.
Unread 10-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #53
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
First season, episode 1.

The chick in half that Grimes saw when he got the bike... She was pretty harmless, especially at the end when he kneels next to her. They're dead, therefore decompose. So you just gotta wait till they decompose to the point that they're no major threat/the brain breaks down on it's own. Of course... I take it that by eating flesh it keeps the brain alive. But they dont eat each other and and reproduce so over a long enough period of time the zombie population would decrease faster and faster.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
Unread 10-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #54
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
First season, episode 1.

The chick in half that Grimes saw when he got the bike... She was pretty harmless, especially at the end when he kneels next to her. They're dead, therefore decompose. So you just gotta wait till they decompose to the point that they're no major threat/the brain breaks down on it's own. Of course... I take it that by eating flesh it keeps the brain alive. But they dont eat each other and and reproduce so over a long enough period of time the zombie population would decrease faster and faster.
Problem is their victims that are just bitten or scratched by them are now zombies too. And... people die in other ways and become zombies.
I can't remember the zombie movie where the guy put his zombie parents into the swimming pool but they couldn't get out, so they just walked around in the bottom. He was in a safe room in the house and some guy was filming the whole time. What movie was that?
It would be difficult if not impossible for them to climb aboard an aircraft carrier. You would only have to watch the people that die on board and toss them quickly.
They deviated from the comics in Batman and others. They could deviate in this series and I would have no problem with it at all.
RJC#512
Unread 10-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #55
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Problem is their victims that are just bitten or scratched by them are now zombies too. And... people die in other ways and become zombies.
I can't remember the zombie movie where the guy put his zombie parents into the swimming pool but they couldn't get out, so they just walked around in the bottom. He was in a safe room in the house and some guy was filming the whole time. What movie was that?
It would be difficult if not impossible for them to climb aboard an aircraft carrier. You would only have to watch the people that die on board and toss them quickly.
They deviated from the comics in Batman and others. They could deviate in this series and I would have no problem with it at all.

That's a big ship too... Good luck loading up all the stuff you'll need without it being overrun. But what I meant was. Given the fact that they are predators but canNOT reproduce other than biting/scratching etc... Given enough generations (with the healthy population mostly isolated) they'd fade to the point of harmlessness/decompose completely. But the survivors would have to wait a pretty crappy amount of time before going back.
Unread 10-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #56
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
That's a big ship too... Good luck loading up all the stuff you'll need without it being overrun. .
I'm sure it could be done. Might have to kill a few walkers in the process but...
I have done sling load but I need a crew on the ground. That would be a problem. Stage it from inside a secure building like Costco with the doors closed and chain saw the roof open? A crane with steel mesh on it? Who knows? Just gotta' get creative and work out the details.

What's funny is... a lot of people would like to find out what it would be like. Personally, I wouldn't. But if I had to that's different.

Why do you suppose so many people WANT a zombie apocalypse?
Could it be they just want to be able to kill people that are already dead and they don't have to answer for it or feel guilty about it? Or they just like to shoot guns? And would necrophilia become a phenomenon?
Interesting psychology to the entire subject.
RJC#512
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #57
roadgator
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I plan to go to the port of New Orleans and board the big cruise ship. Pull anchor and let that baby get out in the middle of the mighty mississippi, then drop anchor. Deal with the zombies on board and then live life for a very long time. Nite club, pools, food, movies, anything I want until the plague passes. The current would carry any zombie away from me.
roadgator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #58
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm sure it could be done. Might have to kill a few walkers in the process but...
I have done sling load but I need a crew on the ground. That would be a problem. Stage it from inside a secure building like Costco with the doors closed and chain saw the roof open? A crane with steel mesh on it? Who knows? Just gotta' get creative and work out the details.

What's funny is... a lot of people would like to find out what it would be like. Personally, I wouldn't. But if I had to that's different.

Why do you suppose so many people WANT a zombie apocalypse?
Could it be they just want to be able to kill people that are already dead and they don't have to answer for it or feel guilty about it? Or they just like to shoot guns? And would necrophilia become a phenomenon?
Interesting psychology to the entire subject.
In a situation that would allow an in-depth experience such as virtual reality or technology integrating pre-staged lucid dreams that would allow someone to live out a zombie apocalypse would be pretty bad ***.

But when it comes down to it in the real world. It's because it looks cool on TV. Because the vast majority of people who have the privilege of watching stuff like this has never had to be in a real survival situation or had to fight for their lives.

Seeing this 3rd person and never having been in that situation people think it'd be like Zombieland. All fun and games until someone kills Bill Murray but a real zombie apocalypse would not be a very enjoyable experience...
Unread 10-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #59
moonlight
2004 TJ Wrangler 

No, it wouldn't be an enjoyable experience...like in Walking Dead, in one of the early episodes where they guy tries to shoot his wife, or the later one where the girl kills her sister.

Those episodes episodes kind of got to me...I don't think I'd be able to "kill" my son if he turned into a zombie. And my best friend isn't very physically fit. Zombies would get her easy. It would be awfully hard to run away when she couldn't. I guess I'm too much of a wuss.
I've loved my TJ longer than either of my husbands!
moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #60
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Im a fan of the oil rig idea. Id much rather have a large yacht. Not too kean on a huge ship though.(too much room to cover and keep guard) but getting a large yacht and park it at an oil rig would be nice. The oil rig i think would have ways of making fresh water. Plenty of space for a decent amount of controllable people and room for storage. Put up fencing around the perimeter and always have more than one person on guard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.