~ The Walking Dead ~~ - Page 191 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > ~ The Walking Dead ~~

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #2851
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

http://www.esquire.com/_mobile/blogs...ason-4-preview

Might as well prepare yourselves. That link is Scott's vision of this season.

JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #2852
nwiTJdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
See what I mean? Had Glen died, you probably would have felt every ounce of emotion the characters' felt. I know I did.
You missed the part where I said I watch it for entertainment, which meant that I want to watch characters that I like.

I understand your point, however the story line is moving fine without killing off main characters. Now, if they decide to stay ar the prison for another 2 seasons, okay start killing people off, starting with the writers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #2853
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post

I can't fathom this. If they were that easy to push down, why aren't they simply pushed down during prison riots?
Since you are bringing your day job into this discussion, so will I. I am a built architect who has designed a fence or two and they can be pushed down with the right amount of force. Furthermore, this is the reason there are multiple line of fence at this prison and most modern ones. Future more, if you watch talking dead after that episode, they explained how that seen worked and iirc they had over 200 zombie extras that week of filming to do that seen - so you are just ignoring the facts and the developers explaining the seen and how thing work in real life, I am sure this is hard to fathom.

And the reason fences don't get pushed down in prisons daily, the guards down allow that main people to push at once.

Quote:

So you're saying that if Rick and Carl had to run into the prison for the arsenal, it'd be awfully boring? To me that would have made the scene ten times more suspenseful.
Are you serious? Do you in fact watch the show AND pay attention or just scoff? The two plus guns they used against the walker have been laying against the fence since the beginning if this season along with the large amount of knives. There has been weapons at the lower gate since the gov attacked with the zombie truck last season. If you are going to call out the show, get your facts strait.

And as to the deaths that you want, why? Why kill everyone we care about? I know the books are not quite paralleling the show, but the underlining story is. Is the first book's foreword it is explained this story is about Rick and his travels thru this world. Why do you think the series started with him waking up in the hospital and not with.... Hershel farming or dale and his wife road tripping cross country or michone lawyering or carol being beat by her deadbeat husband while Sophia witnessed? If you are a writer I would think you could understand things that are sub-surface to the show and not just talk about it saying I wish they killed more main characters.

Like you said about published authors, I am a built architect but would never claim to know the thinking behind another architect building. I think you are a bit full of yourself to even be on that soap box. But regardless of what I have said, the easy way to solve your problem with the show is turn it off and stop posting here. Or better yet, go write something that is popular enough to get a cult following... Years later, develop it into a show so some random person can arm-chair critique it on jeep forum. Have a good day

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #2854
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Flesheater, what book(s) have you published? ISBN's would be nice.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #2855
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Since you are bringing your day job into this discussion, so will I. I am a built architect who has designed a fence or two and they can be pushed down with the right amount of force. Furthermore, this is the reason there are multiple line of fence at this prison and most modern ones. Future more, if you watch talking dead after that episode, they explained how that seen worked and iirc they had over 200 zombie extras that week of filming to do that seen - so you are just ignoring the facts and the developers explaining the seen and how thing work in real life, I am sure this is hard to fathom.

And the reason fences don't get pushed down in prisons daily, the guards down allow that main people to push at once.

Are you serious? Do you in fact watch the show AND pay attention or just scoff? The two plus guns they used against the walker have been laying against the fence since the beginning if this season along with the large amount of knives. There has been weapons at the lower gate since the gov attacked with the zombie truck last season. If you are going to call out the show, get your facts strait.

And as to the deaths that you want, why? Why kill everyone we care about? I know the books are not quite paralleling the show, but the underlining story is. Is the first book's foreword it is explained this story is about Rick and his travels thru this world. Why do you think the series started with him waking up in the hospital and not with.... Hershel farming or dale and his wife road tripping cross country or michone lawyering or carol being beat by her deadbeat husband while Sophia witnessed? If you are a writer I would think you could understand things that are sub-surface to the show and not just talk about it saying I wish they killed more main characters.

Like you said about published authors, I am a built architect but would never claim to know the thinking behind another architect building. I think you are a bit full of yourself to even be on that soap box. But regardless of what I have said, the easy way to solve your problem with the show is turn it off and stop posting here. Or better yet, go write something that is popular enough to get a cult following... Years later, develop it into a show so some random person can arm-chair critique it on jeep forum. Have a good day
The fence may collapse under the force of human beings pushing, but lumbering zombies seems a bit...out there. This is just my perception though. Especially after being crushed against fences at concerts that didn't move under the force.

And, you took my comment concerning the guns out of context. Re-read it.

I don't know if you know this or not, but every piece of fiction is critiqued, by everyone. As seeing as how JF doesn't care to discuss this show in depth, especially if negative perceptions are shared, I'll sign off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
Flesheater, what book(s) have you published? ISBN's would be nice.
Working on a novel. I have had short stories published online, which may seem like a small feat, but getting published at all is extremely difficult.
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #2856
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Where's Maggie?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #2857
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Did someone say Spaghetti Tuesday?
88249-did-somebody-say-spaghetti-tue-flvs.jpeg  
Trail Jammers, NC
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/n...bicon-2137905/
Corigirlloves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #2858
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

No spaghetti for you if you have no trigger discipline.

God that guy has such a punchable face.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #2859
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666 View Post
Where's Maggie?
^^^^ This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
No spaghetti for you if you have no trigger discipline.
It's amazing how often you see that on this show. They should call a staff and cast meeting, and say "HEY LOOK!! Do NOT put your damn finger on the trigger until you are ready to pull it! You look like an idiot if you do! The next cast member that does this gets killed off in the next episode, except Maggie of course".

I get people telling me weekly to write a book. Happened twice today. True story.
It is hard to get published. Scripts are the same way. The writers on this show don't just throw in what ever they feel like. It's a cumulative effort with many writers working together.
If you don't like the way it's written, too bad. Go watch The Voice or something else. It's their show, we are just observers. Send them an email, they read them, eventually.
We all find stuff we would do differently in every show ever. You have to let go of reality sometimes to get through the story. This is one of those times. Zombies are not real, and we have no idea exactly how humans would really be in a true apocalyptic setting. This is the creator/writers version.

Back to non reality.... Why don't they have a stripper pole in the cell block?
Shouldn't they be breeding new people so they can re-populate the planet?
Why not head for the coast and get on an aircraft carrier because zombies can't swim?
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #2860
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Glen would have a zombie accident if I was Daryl or Rick.

Just saying.

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #2861
nwiTJdave

Pretty decent episode tonight. A break from the "norm". It almost left you wanting to root for the governor while at the same time wanting to scream to the other runs "run!"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #2862
noodles5124

Thought the gov walking around like a drunken homeless man was hilarious
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #2863
flying2275
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So has the Governor had a change of heart or is he just using the girls to get back at the prison group somehow?
flying2275 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #2864
Sasquatch4x4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i kinda thought this episode was stupid, it definitly could of had potentially and it was the right move to get us up to date on what the hell the governor is up to but the episode was slow, and all the episodes have been pretty slow lately with not much story development. plus i think the governor is dumb and should get his head sliced off by the black chick
Unread 11-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #2865
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It's all about character development this season. Guv is going through some serious change and I think it's very interesting to see. First his folding of the picture's corner and then eventually outright burning it entirely.

I think he may be at the prison because one of the girls is sick or hurt and he's coming in with the white flag high for some help.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.