~ The Walking Dead ~~ - Page 191 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2851 of 3418 Old 11-13-2013, 07:05 AM
mike_dippert
hodophobic
 
mike_dippert's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,483
Garage
http://www.esquire.com/_mobile/blogs...ason-4-preview

Might as well prepare yourselves. That link is Scott's vision of this season.

mike_dippert is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2852 of 3418 Old 11-14-2013, 12:31 AM
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
See what I mean? Had Glen died, you probably would have felt every ounce of emotion the characters' felt. I know I did.
You missed the part where I said I watch it for entertainment, which meant that I want to watch characters that I like.

I understand your point, however the story line is moving fine without killing off main characters. Now, if they decide to stay ar the prison for another 2 seasons, okay start killing people off, starting with the writers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

www.militaryjeepers.com

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline  
post #2853 of 3418 Old 11-14-2013, 07:15 AM
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
1987 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 6,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post

I can't fathom this. If they were that easy to push down, why aren't they simply pushed down during prison riots?
Since you are bringing your day job into this discussion, so will I. I am a built architect who has designed a fence or two and they can be pushed down with the right amount of force. Furthermore, this is the reason there are multiple line of fence at this prison and most modern ones. Future more, if you watch talking dead after that episode, they explained how that seen worked and iirc they had over 200 zombie extras that week of filming to do that seen - so you are just ignoring the facts and the developers explaining the seen and how thing work in real life, I am sure this is hard to fathom.

And the reason fences don't get pushed down in prisons daily, the guards down allow that main people to push at once.

Quote:

So you're saying that if Rick and Carl had to run into the prison for the arsenal, it'd be awfully boring? To me that would have made the scene ten times more suspenseful.
Are you serious? Do you in fact watch the show AND pay attention or just scoff? The two plus guns they used against the walker have been laying against the fence since the beginning if this season along with the large amount of knives. There has been weapons at the lower gate since the gov attacked with the zombie truck last season. If you are going to call out the show, get your facts strait.

And as to the deaths that you want, why? Why kill everyone we care about? I know the books are not quite paralleling the show, but the underlining story is. Is the first book's foreword it is explained this story is about Rick and his travels thru this world. Why do you think the series started with him waking up in the hospital and not with.... Hershel farming or dale and his wife road tripping cross country or michone lawyering or carol being beat by her deadbeat husband while Sophia witnessed? If you are a writer I would think you could understand things that are sub-surface to the show and not just talk about it saying I wish they killed more main characters.

Like you said about published authors, I am a built architect but would never claim to know the thinking behind another architect building. I think you are a bit full of yourself to even be on that soap box. But regardless of what I have said, the easy way to solve your problem with the show is turn it off and stop posting here. Or better yet, go write something that is popular enough to get a cult following... Years later, develop it into a show so some random person can arm-chair critique it on jeep forum. Have a good day

06 WK 5.7 Hemi Overland - Daily
87 MJ Chief 57k original miles... getting built in the backyard. 37s, waggy axles, D300, 6 speed, etc.

Gone - 05 LJ on 37s, 79 FSJ Chief on 38s, 85 CJ-7 on 31s
dayriesw is offline  
post #2854 of 3418 Old 11-14-2013, 07:38 AM
mike_dippert
hodophobic
 
mike_dippert's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,483
Garage
Flesheater, what book(s) have you published? ISBN's would be nice.
mike_dippert is offline  
post #2855 of 3418 Old 11-14-2013, 02:26 PM
FleshEater
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hell
Posts: 2,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Since you are bringing your day job into this discussion, so will I. I am a built architect who has designed a fence or two and they can be pushed down with the right amount of force. Furthermore, this is the reason there are multiple line of fence at this prison and most modern ones. Future more, if you watch talking dead after that episode, they explained how that seen worked and iirc they had over 200 zombie extras that week of filming to do that seen - so you are just ignoring the facts and the developers explaining the seen and how thing work in real life, I am sure this is hard to fathom.

And the reason fences don't get pushed down in prisons daily, the guards down allow that main people to push at once.



Are you serious? Do you in fact watch the show AND pay attention or just scoff? The two plus guns they used against the walker have been laying against the fence since the beginning if this season along with the large amount of knives. There has been weapons at the lower gate since the gov attacked with the zombie truck last season. If you are going to call out the show, get your facts strait.

And as to the deaths that you want, why? Why kill everyone we care about? I know the books are not quite paralleling the show, but the underlining story is. Is the first book's foreword it is explained this story is about Rick and his travels thru this world. Why do you think the series started with him waking up in the hospital and not with.... Hershel farming or dale and his wife road tripping cross country or michone lawyering or carol being beat by her deadbeat husband while Sophia witnessed? If you are a writer I would think you could understand things that are sub-surface to the show and not just talk about it saying I wish they killed more main characters.

Like you said about published authors, I am a built architect but would never claim to know the thinking behind another architect building. I think you are a bit full of yourself to even be on that soap box. But regardless of what I have said, the easy way to solve your problem with the show is turn it off and stop posting here. Or better yet, go write something that is popular enough to get a cult following... Years later, develop it into a show so some random person can arm-chair critique it on jeep forum. Have a good day
The fence may collapse under the force of human beings pushing, but lumbering zombies seems a bit...out there. This is just my perception though. Especially after being crushed against fences at concerts that didn't move under the force.

And, you took my comment concerning the guns out of context. Re-read it.

I don't know if you know this or not, but every piece of fiction is critiqued, by everyone. As seeing as how JF doesn't care to discuss this show in depth, especially if negative perceptions are shared, I'll sign off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
Flesheater, what book(s) have you published? ISBN's would be nice.
Working on a novel. I have had short stories published online, which may seem like a small feat, but getting published at all is extremely difficult.

2014 JKU Rubicon *DAILY DRIVER*
Gone but not forgotten; 2005 LJ *SOLD* 1987 XJ *SOLD* 2002 WJ *SOLD* 1995 ZJ *SOLD*
FleshEater is offline  
post #2856 of 3418 Old 11-14-2013, 02:29 PM
zombiehunta666
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,217
Where's Maggie?

@Zombiehunta666
*lllllll*
The birth of the ZombieHunta!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline  
post #2857 of 3418 Old 11-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Corigirlloves
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Asheville
Posts: 451
Did someone say Spaghetti Tuesday?
Attached Thumbnails
88249-did-somebody-say-spaghetti-Tue-flVs.jpeg  

------------------
Corigirlloves
06' LJ Rubicon
Trail Jammers, NC
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/n...bicon-2137905/
Corigirlloves is offline  
post #2858 of 3418 Old 11-15-2013, 04:36 PM
PhilipJ
Registered User
 
PhilipJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,541
No spaghetti for you if you have no trigger discipline.

God that guy has such a punchable face.
PhilipJ is offline  
post #2859 of 3418 Old 11-16-2013, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler
 
RikRotorhead's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666 View Post
Where's Maggie?
^^^^ This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
No spaghetti for you if you have no trigger discipline.
It's amazing how often you see that on this show. They should call a staff and cast meeting, and say "HEY LOOK!! Do NOT put your damn finger on the trigger until you are ready to pull it! You look like an idiot if you do! The next cast member that does this gets killed off in the next episode, except Maggie of course".

I get people telling me weekly to write a book. Happened twice today. True story.
It is hard to get published. Scripts are the same way. The writers on this show don't just throw in what ever they feel like. It's a cumulative effort with many writers working together.
If you don't like the way it's written, too bad. Go watch The Voice or something else. It's their show, we are just observers. Send them an email, they read them, eventually.
We all find stuff we would do differently in every show ever. You have to let go of reality sometimes to get through the story. This is one of those times. Zombies are not real, and we have no idea exactly how humans would really be in a true apocalyptic setting. This is the creator/writers version.

Back to non reality.... Why don't they have a stripper pole in the cell block?
Shouldn't they be breeding new people so they can re-populate the planet?
Why not head for the coast and get on an aircraft carrier because zombies can't swim?

Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline  
post #2860 of 3418 Old 11-17-2013, 07:15 PM
ionakana
Grand Poobah
 
ionakana's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cumming GA
Posts: 4,774
Glen would have a zombie accident if I was Daryl or Rick.

Just saying.
ionakana is offline  
post #2861 of 3418 Old 11-17-2013, 08:15 PM
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,536
Pretty decent episode tonight. A break from the "norm". It almost left you wanting to root for the governor while at the same time wanting to scream to the other runs "run!"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

www.militaryjeepers.com

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline  
post #2862 of 3418 Old 11-18-2013, 02:39 PM
noodles5124
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: danbury
Posts: 723
Thought the gov walking around like a drunken homeless man was hilarious
noodles5124 is offline  
post #2863 of 3418 Old 11-18-2013, 05:15 PM
flying2275
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA / Preston, Iowa
Posts: 256
So has the Governor had a change of heart or is he just using the girls to get back at the prison group somehow?
flying2275 is offline  
post #2864 of 3418 Old 11-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Sasquatch4x4
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Redmond
Posts: 69
i kinda thought this episode was stupid, it definitly could of had potentially and it was the right move to get us up to date on what the hell the governor is up to but the episode was slow, and all the episodes have been pretty slow lately with not much story development. plus i think the governor is dumb and should get his head sliced off by the black chick

Check Out My YJ Build and Give me Advice!! : http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/blue-95-yj-built-college-kid-w-part-time-job-1428767/
Sasquatch4x4 is offline  
post #2865 of 3418 Old 11-18-2013, 05:30 PM
PhilipJ
Registered User
 
PhilipJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,541
It's all about character development this season. Guv is going through some serious change and I think it's very interesting to see. First his folding of the picture's corner and then eventually outright burning it entirely.

I think he may be at the prison because one of the girls is sick or hurt and he's coming in with the white flag high for some help.
PhilipJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
~ The Walking Dead ~ RikRotorhead General Discussion 143 10-15-2014 02:56 PM
An Atheist walking in the woods... RockWoRM General Discussion 51 03-04-2013 08:37 AM
Walking Across America ecaps General Discussion 8 03-03-2013 08:58 AM
Olympic race walking 10achik General Discussion 25 08-16-2008 11:20 AM
Am I walking into a scam? Semprini General Discussion 12 11-27-2004 09:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome