~ The Walking Dead ~~ - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > ~ The Walking Dead ~~

RCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #241
DKilleen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

A lot of the shows on AMC are 'slow burn' type shows. Breaking bad can be this way at times as well. But I think that sets them apart from most of the stuff on tv.

Unread 11-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #242
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Not sure which one of you guys I'd share a foxhole with. As soon as Shane was out of reach he should have capped Otis. I hope Otis comes back to eat Shane.
Great post.

I've found while reading the comic, it is always more tense and uneasy when running into other humans. You know what you have with zombies. People on the other hand are nuts.
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #243
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'd say from the posts supporting what Shane did that it really does go to show that in those "real" life situations you should shoot first ask questions later before they fire a bullet into you.
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #244
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger View Post
.......You know what you have with zombies. People on the other hand are nuts.

Quoted for truth.

I haven't read any of the comics so I don't have any idea what happens next.
I'm thinking I would probably want to be on my own with my family but again there is safety in numbers. You don't know what kind of gangs of living people are roaming around at this point. The extra fire power might be helpful.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #245
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

^I'd establish myself and anyone else in a secluded area with resources...roaming the countryside looking for help would be a pathetic attempt at survival.
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #246
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
^I'd establish myself and anyone else in a secluded area with resources...roaming the countryside looking for help would be a pathetic attempt at survival.

Yes and no. It would depend on where. You will eventually be out roaming around for more supplies. It probably would be safer initially but in the long run you would feel imprisoned.
If you were on an aircraft carrier or island where you could grow your own food and water then that would probably be a good secluded area.
It would be a tough call.
RJC#512
Unread 11-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #247
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

I've got two Wal-Marts within 25 miles of me, a Trader Horn (ammo and guns), County Market (huge grocery store) and Gun World 45 yards from me...I think I'd gather all the ammo, guns, food, and supplies I could within the first week (risky yes but worth it). The supplies would consist of gas cans, generators, medical and tools that I dont' already have. Build a small fortress from your house and then acquire the surviving towns people to establish a "base".

In this event you literally have any resource you need at your finger tips...need a trailer steal it, need a towing rig steal it, etc. The only concern of mine would be stealing as much gas as possible (or diesel) and storing it somehow for a long period of time while keeping it useful (additives?).

I could go on because I usually day dream about this weekly but this is about The Walking Dead...not what I would do.
Unread 11-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #248
AaronJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I could go on because I usually day dream about this weekly...
For me it's simple.

In a fantasy zombie apocalypse, 8 out of 10 people are dead and you need to avoid them.

In reality, Aaron doesn't much care for 8 out of 10 people and tends to avoid them.

Yup, about the same except with the ZA, the "8 out of 10" group is trying to eat me but I get to shoot them. Seems like a fair deal.
AaronJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #249
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
I've got two Wal-Marts within 25 miles of me, a Trader Horn (ammo and guns), County Market (huge grocery store) and Gun World 45 yards from me...I think I'd gather all the ammo, guns, food, and supplies I could within the first week (risky yes but worth it). The supplies would consist of gas cans, generators, medical and tools that I dont' already have. Build a small fortress from your house and then acquire the surviving towns people to establish a "base".

In this event you literally have any resource you need at your finger tips...need a trailer steal it, need a towing rig steal it, etc. The only concern of mine would be stealing as much gas as possible (or diesel) and storing it somehow for a long period of time while keeping it useful (additives?).

I could go on because I usually day dream about this weekly but this is about The Walking Dead...not what I would do.
the only cabela's in new england is 20 minutes down the highway from me so i'm set
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #250
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm set for the first week with the guns and ammo I have within 15 feet of me. I know of every location of the Oil rigs in the gulf of mexico, I'd go the the Auger big *** rig with plenty of supplies for me and a few other people. I will also have the means of getting more supplies from the other rigs out there.
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #251
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown View Post
I'm set for the first week with the guns and ammo I have within 15 feet of me. I know of every location of the Oil rigs in the gulf of mexico, I'd go the the Auger big *** rig with plenty of supplies for me and a few other people. I will also have the means of getting more supplies from the other rigs out there.

Getting there is half the fun. Lemme' know and I'll give you a ride out there.
RJC#512
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #252
Max-Q
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
the only cabela's in new england is 20 minutes down the highway from me so i'm set
The problem with that logic is about what 25,000 people have the same plan? I live by a Bass Pro shop and a Cabelas but if SHTF I can tell you where I won't be going.
Max-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #253
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Agreed. There will be a run on the gun shops.
I have enough guns and ammo already to take out a small city of zombies.
Thousands of rounds and lots of launchers.

A good bug-out vehicle is needed. Motorhomes work great with a little modding like steel mesh on the windows, take the ladder off and mount it on the inside with a trap door to the roof, etc...Usually pretty good range and lots of storage space plus amenities. Re-enforced front bumper would help too. A nice diesel pusher with a nice flat panel TV and blu-ray player, well stocked bar, some hookers... You know... the essential stuff. .
RJC#512
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #254
bravobravo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Agreed. There will be a run on the gun shops.
I have enough guns and ammo already to take out a small city of zombies.
Thousands of rounds and lots of launchers.

A good bug-out vehicle is needed. Motorhomes work great with a little modding like steel mesh on the windows, take the ladder off and mount it on the inside with a trap door to the roof, etc...Usually pretty good range and lots of storage space plus amenities. Re-enforced front bumper would help too. A nice diesel pusher with a nice flat panel TV and blu-ray player, well stocked bar, some hookers... You know... the essential stuff. .

you forgot the most important item, a trailer with more booze, if shtf id probably need a drink or 30.

removed for stirring the pot
bravobravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #255
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

I really don't know how people would react in a real life situation...we all know how we would act but what about normal people?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.