~ The Walking Dead ~~ - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > ~ The Walking Dead ~~

RCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 11-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #241
DKilleen
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 56
A lot of the shows on AMC are 'slow burn' type shows. Breaking bad can be this way at times as well. But I think that sets them apart from most of the stuff on tv.

__________________
Nothing like a JEEP
DKilleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #242
willydigger
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Not sure which one of you guys I'd share a foxhole with. As soon as Shane was out of reach he should have capped Otis. I hope Otis comes back to eat Shane.
Great post.

I've found while reading the comic, it is always more tense and uneasy when running into other humans. You know what you have with zombies. People on the other hand are nuts.
__________________
WHODEY
willydigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #243
FleshEater
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hell, PA
Posts: 2,494
I'd say from the posts supporting what Shane did that it really does go to show that in those "real" life situations you should shoot first ask questions later before they fire a bullet into you.
__________________
2014 JKU Rubicon *DAILY DRIVER*
Gone but not forgotten; 2005 LJ *SOLD* 1987 XJ *SOLD* 2002 WJ *SOLD* 1995 ZJ *SOLD*
FleshEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #244
RikRotorhead
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger View Post
.......You know what you have with zombies. People on the other hand are nuts.

Quoted for truth.

I haven't read any of the comics so I don't have any idea what happens next.
I'm thinking I would probably want to be on my own with my family but again there is safety in numbers. You don't know what kind of gangs of living people are roaming around at this point. The extra fire power might be helpful.
__________________
Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #245
FleshEater
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hell, PA
Posts: 2,494
^I'd establish myself and anyone else in a secluded area with resources...roaming the countryside looking for help would be a pathetic attempt at survival.
__________________
2014 JKU Rubicon *DAILY DRIVER*
Gone but not forgotten; 2005 LJ *SOLD* 1987 XJ *SOLD* 2002 WJ *SOLD* 1995 ZJ *SOLD*
FleshEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #246
RikRotorhead
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
^I'd establish myself and anyone else in a secluded area with resources...roaming the countryside looking for help would be a pathetic attempt at survival.

Yes and no. It would depend on where. You will eventually be out roaming around for more supplies. It probably would be safer initially but in the long run you would feel imprisoned.
If you were on an aircraft carrier or island where you could grow your own food and water then that would probably be a good secluded area.
It would be a tough call.
__________________
Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #247
FleshEater
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hell, PA
Posts: 2,494
I've got two Wal-Marts within 25 miles of me, a Trader Horn (ammo and guns), County Market (huge grocery store) and Gun World 45 yards from me...I think I'd gather all the ammo, guns, food, and supplies I could within the first week (risky yes but worth it). The supplies would consist of gas cans, generators, medical and tools that I dont' already have. Build a small fortress from your house and then acquire the surviving towns people to establish a "base".

In this event you literally have any resource you need at your finger tips...need a trailer steal it, need a towing rig steal it, etc. The only concern of mine would be stealing as much gas as possible (or diesel) and storing it somehow for a long period of time while keeping it useful (additives?).

I could go on because I usually day dream about this weekly but this is about The Walking Dead...not what I would do.
__________________
2014 JKU Rubicon *DAILY DRIVER*
Gone but not forgotten; 2005 LJ *SOLD* 1987 XJ *SOLD* 2002 WJ *SOLD* 1995 ZJ *SOLD*
FleshEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #248
AaronJ
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
I could go on because I usually day dream about this weekly...
For me it's simple.

In a fantasy zombie apocalypse, 8 out of 10 people are dead and you need to avoid them.

In reality, Aaron doesn't much care for 8 out of 10 people and tends to avoid them.


Yup, about the same except with the ZA, the "8 out of 10" group is trying to eat me but I get to shoot them. Seems like a fair deal.
AaronJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #249
Freestyle713
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: , CT
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
I've got two Wal-Marts within 25 miles of me, a Trader Horn (ammo and guns), County Market (huge grocery store) and Gun World 45 yards from me...I think I'd gather all the ammo, guns, food, and supplies I could within the first week (risky yes but worth it). The supplies would consist of gas cans, generators, medical and tools that I dont' already have. Build a small fortress from your house and then acquire the surviving towns people to establish a "base".

In this event you literally have any resource you need at your finger tips...need a trailer steal it, need a towing rig steal it, etc. The only concern of mine would be stealing as much gas as possible (or diesel) and storing it somehow for a long period of time while keeping it useful (additives?).

I could go on because I usually day dream about this weekly but this is about The Walking Dead...not what I would do.
the only cabela's in new england is 20 minutes down the highway from me so i'm set
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #250
dwbrown
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: McGuire AFB, New Jersey
Posts: 1,621
I'm set for the first week with the guns and ammo I have within 15 feet of me. I know of every location of the Oil rigs in the gulf of mexico, I'd go the the Auger big *** rig with plenty of supplies for me and a few other people. I will also have the means of getting more supplies from the other rigs out there.
__________________
USAF
dwbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #251
RikRotorhead
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown View Post
I'm set for the first week with the guns and ammo I have within 15 feet of me. I know of every location of the Oil rigs in the gulf of mexico, I'd go the the Auger big *** rig with plenty of supplies for me and a few other people. I will also have the means of getting more supplies from the other rigs out there.

Getting there is half the fun. Lemme' know and I'll give you a ride out there.
__________________
Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #252
Max-Q
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
the only cabela's in new england is 20 minutes down the highway from me so i'm set
The problem with that logic is about what 25,000 people have the same plan? I live by a Bass Pro shop and a Cabelas but if SHTF I can tell you where I won't be going.
__________________
1997 Jeep TJ
1983 Jeep CJ7
2011 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Max-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #253
RikRotorhead
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,879
Agreed. There will be a run on the gun shops.
I have enough guns and ammo already to take out a small city of zombies.
Thousands of rounds and lots of launchers.

A good bug-out vehicle is needed. Motorhomes work great with a little modding like steel mesh on the windows, take the ladder off and mount it on the inside with a trap door to the roof, etc...Usually pretty good range and lots of storage space plus amenities. Re-enforced front bumper would help too. A nice diesel pusher with a nice flat panel TV and blu-ray player, well stocked bar, some hookers... You know... the essential stuff. .
__________________
Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #254
bravobravo
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: a hell hole near charlotte, nc
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Agreed. There will be a run on the gun shops.
I have enough guns and ammo already to take out a small city of zombies.
Thousands of rounds and lots of launchers.

A good bug-out vehicle is needed. Motorhomes work great with a little modding like steel mesh on the windows, take the ladder off and mount it on the inside with a trap door to the roof, etc...Usually pretty good range and lots of storage space plus amenities. Re-enforced front bumper would help too. A nice diesel pusher with a nice flat panel TV and blu-ray player, well stocked bar, some hookers... You know... the essential stuff. .


you forgot the most important item, a trailer with more booze, if shtf id probably need a drink or 30.
__________________
^ it made more sense in my head

removed for stirring the pot
bravobravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #255
FleshEater
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hell, PA
Posts: 2,494
I really don't know how people would react in a real life situation...we all know how we would act but what about normal people?
__________________
2014 JKU Rubicon *DAILY DRIVER*
Gone but not forgotten; 2005 LJ *SOLD* 1987 XJ *SOLD* 2002 WJ *SOLD* 1995 ZJ *SOLD*
FleshEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.