~ The Walking Dead ~~ - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > ~ The Walking Dead ~~

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-31-2011, 08:06 AM   #196
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the list FleshEater!!

What are people thoughts on the redneck brother who had to cut his hand off on the roof? think he is still alive? They never had any closure to that.

JPetru82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:07 AM   #197
ziebartrob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon83 View Post
I really enjoy the show and look forward to each episode, but I do have one question:

Who has been mowing the grass around that house??
I asked the wifey the same thing last night? Who, and why would you be mowing the grass
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:08 AM   #198
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Shane is a bad guy. They established it early and matter of fact in the comic. He would be dead by now had they stuck to the comic format. I actually prefer them setting it up better in the show.

I'm wondering why he didn't just shoot him in the head? It's pretty messed up only to wound him so he could be eaten alive. Do the zombies really know the difference between just killed and alive? They did eat the guy's legs who was hanging from the tree. He was dead.
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:19 AM   #199
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

That would have been the more respectible thing to do...hopefully they stripped that guy to the bone or tore his head off so he won't have to deal with coming back.
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #200
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82 View Post
I just discovered this show last week. In one day, I watched all of season 1 on Netflix, and am completely caught up in season 2. This is by far one I the greatest zombie shows ever!!!! Any one have any suggestions for good zombie movies, or books?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say most if not all zombie movies are really bad. It is the appeal of this show that the make-up is near perfect and the acting/story-line is reasonable. (Though I must say I really think they are blowing it with season 2).

That said I think zombie books are very good. The keep all the good stuff and leave all the bad stuff to your imagination.

Here is the list from best to pretty good.

Max Brooks, World War Z - fantastic
Z.A. Recht, Morningstar Strain, Book 1 and 2 (of 3 hopefully) - fantastic

Ben Tripp, Rise Again - Really good, unusual twist!

Honorable mentions:
Jonathan Maberry, Patient Zero

Meh:
J.L. Borne, Day by Day Armegeddon

Bad:
Brian Keene, City of the Dead
Max Brooks, Zombie Survival Guide
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:47 AM   #201
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

If JPetru82 can't stand "B" rated films...wait until he tries to dig up and watch "The Dead Next Door"; gore galore but the acting is TERRIBLE! It takes a special person to enjoy bad "B" rated Horror...Night Train to Terror anyone?
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:50 AM   #202
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger View Post
the make-up is near perfect

Nicotero is the MAN! I believe him and Tom Savini were near perfecting their skills when Day of the Dead was shot. In the past 15 years anything with Nicotero on it has excellent effects...KNB never lets down.
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #203
KMET
2006 LJ Wrangler 

oooops!!

link for Night of the Living Dead

o6 LJ see profile...
KMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:40 AM   #204
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

^All I'm seeing is a big white box?
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:42 AM   #205
KMET
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
^All I'm seeing is a big white box?
fixed

o6 LJ see profile...
KMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #206
pushead

Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say most if not all zombie movies are really bad. It is the appeal of this show that the make-up is near perfect and the acting/story-line is reasonable. (Though I must say I really think they are blowing it with season 2).
What do you mean with season 2? You were able to stay awake through seaon 1?
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #207
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What the hell?! They were almost there!

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #208
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushead View Post
What do you mean with season 2? You were able to stay awake through seaon 1?
With the exception of the CDC and Meryl, I loved Season 1. The Vatos, Amy getting bit and reanimated, Morgan with his dead wife in the cross-hairs, great stuff. The pathetic zombie in the park was terrific. Perfect adaptation from the comic.

Season 2 on the other hand, Andrea being a ******, poor writing of the herd attack, poor writing on the reaction of mother after losing her child in the woods. Overacting with Lori and Rick. I really, REALLY wish they would completely drop the "it's better to be dead" conversations in apocalypse shows. I don't believe it and it feels forced.

I've seen some good stuff so I'm guardedly optimistic it will improve. I also know what's going to happen at a basic level so it will be fun when they touch on those areas in the show.

The graphic novel is 100x better, but the Walking Dead is 100x better than the normal zombie drivel they leave me to watch. I'm appreciative.
Unread 10-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #209
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

^^^ this.

Season 2 feels like a soap opera. We typically watch this back to back with Supernatural, and my wife said last night she thought the show was getting way too boring and melodramatic.

SN has no idea where it's going anymore, but at least it's still going. WD is just stuck in neutral.
Unread 10-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #210
theskier74
2001 WJ 

just finished watching episode 2 and 3 that i missed these last two weeks. Episode two sucked... there really wasnt much going there besides trying to save the kid and thats it. Episode 3 was better but still seemed too dramatic. I understand if this was actually happening it would be really dramatic, and more than just a bunch of zombies going around eating brains so maybe the producers are trying to bring that to the light. i do have one question though...if the zombies were really hungry for flesh wouldnt they just eat other zombies? Like that zombie in the tree, the other ones just ate the flesh off its legs... so wouldnt they just eat each other and slowly kill each other off?
theskier74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.