~ The Walking Dead ~~ - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > ~ The Walking Dead ~~

UCF Tax Refund Sale - Last One of the Year!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #151
luisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

the blond needs to get eaten soon... Slow episode but the zombies can run now?

ps cdc issued a Zombie Preparedness graphic novel

luisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #152
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootz

or why they didnt run to a car when they were after them
I don't know why they didn't get into one of those hummers and now some zombies down and take off and go the other way while the fat guy gets the supplies and meets him at the hummer after a little detour! All those vehicles around and none of them have keys or gas.....
Unread 10-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #153
nwiTJdave

you dont need keys for a hmwvee...

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #154
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisi View Post
the blond needs to get eaten soon... Slow episode but the zombies can run now?
It looked more like a fast walk.

I have a feeling they will keep Andrea alive for several more episodes just to grind us to the point we would kill her ourselves. That way when she does get eaten we will enjoy it as much as she does. (see what I did there? LOL) She want's to die anyway.
Meanwhile, where is the guy with the missing hand? He has to appear sometime.
And what about the guy Rick keeps talking to on the radio? When does he come back into the picture?
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #155
Arebee
2010 JK Wrangler 

So in the first episode of this season, Shane decides he's going to go off on his own. So he preps a Hyundai Tuscon? Of course it was product placement as there was a Hyundai commercial at the break immediately after that scene. He was driving a topless 2 door Wrangler up to that point. Neither vehicles are conducive to Zombie Apocolypse. Every time I see them walk by an abandoned H1 with a machine gun sticking out of the roof, I can't figure out how the Jump back into a cargo van and a beat up Cherokee!
Arebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #156
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Ha ha ha!!! I've been thinking the exact same thing!!!
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #157
Beowill
4 ft. Member

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
It looked more like a fast walk.

I have a feeling they will keep Andrea alive for several more episodes just to grind us to the point we would kill her ourselves. That way when she does get eaten we will enjoy it as much as she does. (see what I did there? LOL) She want's to die anyway.
Meanwhile, where is the guy with the missing hand? He has to appear sometime.
And what about the guy Rick keeps talking to on the radio? When does he come back into the picture?
That right there, I see what you did
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #158
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arebee View Post
So in the first episode of this season, Shane decides he's going to go off on his own. So he preps a Hyundai Tuscon? Of course it was product placement as there was a Hyundai commercial at the break immediately after that scene. He was driving a topless 2 door Wrangler up to that point. Neither vehicles are conducive to Zombie Apocolypse. Every time I see them walk by an abandoned H1 with a machine gun sticking out of the roof, I can't figure out how the Jump back into a cargo van and a beat up Cherokee!
I have been thinking the same thing! Armored military vehicles (Humvees, tanks, etc) all over and they dont use em... I know I'd be runnin over heards of zombies in a tank if I were ever in the situation!

Previous Jeeps:
'83 CJ7
'92 YJ
'00 XJ
'99 TJ
'05 TJ Rubicon
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #159
nwiTJdave

My biggest complaint with the show is that they make it too unrealistic. We all would ditch our beaters in a heartbeat for a h1 with diesel in the tank...they pass up to many goodies along the way that I wish they would either leave out of the show or use them.

Unread 10-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #160
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

If this were a real situation it would be absolutely redundant to do what they're doing. Ideally you'd want to re-organize and re-build a small area and secure it from the living dead as well as make it a self sustaining system. Why the hell would anyone spend the rest of their days looking for help? Better yourself by securing a farm, hunt and kill the wild life for food and go out on missions to gather supplies...like H-1's with machine guns and endless ammo as well as any canned goods still left in grocery stores or homes. This would be even easier down south as you don't have cold *** winter climate to fight with and loads of open farm land.
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #161
ROKNDJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

FleshEater......sounds like you just summed up the premise of the new TV show Terra Nova.....except instead of zombies its dinosaurs.
ROKNDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #162
alecmcmahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
My biggest complaint with the show is that they make it too unrealistic. We all would ditch our beaters in a heartbeat for a h1 with diesel in the tank...they pass up to many goodies along the way that I wish they would either leave out of the show or use them.
I disagree, What do them things get, like 6 MPG?

Sure, there will be a bunch of military humvees in populated areas, like citys. But once you are on the way out they will become more scarce, Re-fueling would be the issue.

Gas on the other hand ( granted its lower shelf life for optimal performance ) will be in abundance with abandoned gas stations, and the millions of scattered vehicles all over the place, which 98% would have gasoline in them.
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #163
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Will gas pump from a station anymore without electricity?
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #164
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
Will gas pump from a station anymore without electricity?
probably not, but you could always go somewhere like tractor supply and get a manual one. we have one in our oil tanks at home to fill our backhoe with
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #165
nwiTJdave

All the military hmwvee's so far on the show have all had no armor on them so figure around 13-14 highway mpg. Find a civillian model with a gas motor and your looking around 10 but Id rather be in a vehicle that if the road is blocked by other cars I can stay inside the cab, deflate my tires and move on through off the pavement. Once back on the pavement, switch the ctis back to inflate and off i go again. Essentially you are looking at around 220-240 miles in one tank of diesel and on top of that, most hmwvee's have jerry can's on board that hold another 5 gallons and typically there are 3 jerrycans in each rig, not always but you will find ample other vehicles on the road with diesel to fill up on.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.