Popular Bands that you think suck - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > Popular Bands that you think suck

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #76
rugz31
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Terrible = Atreyu
Excellent = Sevendust.

Just one opinion I hold.
Sevendust is absolutely amazing!

rugz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #77
rosco1

in soviet russia, you dont rock'n roll, rock'n roll does you
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #78
ROLLTIDEtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The point is the lyrical value and the story behind that song is simply short of brilliant. The way the song is sung is the artists freedom. Just because you dont care for the sound of the song doesn't mean it isnt a great piece of work.
2004 Rubicon - 4.0 - 5 speed manual - Rough Country 4" Stage II lift, RC front adjustable track bar, 2.2 shocks, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar on Crager soft 8's, 4 Hella Black Magics, Edge Trail Jammer with Intake, JL TR 2-ways in the pods, Kenwood Excelon deck in the dash, Rough Country Stinger & Winch Plate, Trail Gear rear bumper w/ tire carrier, HiLift, Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Steering
ROLLTIDEtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #79
ctgretzky99
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak4life7 View Post
After reading the "Popular movies that you think sucked'' thread, I thought about overrated stuff and got me thinking about bands.

For me, The Beatles. I can't stand them. I'm pretty open minded about music but i really cannot see the appeal of their music.
Whoa. whoa whoa...

The Beatles created not only a genre of music, they were the inspiration for so many of even today's bands. They stretched music from pop to rock to psychedelic rock, invented several recording techniques, and the lyrical talent and imagination of Lennon/McCartney has never been matched.

Just defending my fav band ever My wife isnt too jazzed about them either but does enjoy the later stuff.

Now Jimmy Buffet on the other hand...
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #80
rosco1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDEtj View Post
The point is the lyrical value and the story behind that song is simply short of brilliant. The way the song is sung is the artists freedom. Just because you dont care for the sound of the song doesn't mean it isnt a great piece of work.
this is true, but nickelback still sucks
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #81
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooblyGoob View Post
It seems the problem is not in our opinions, but in my understanding of the word "metal."
You see, when I think if metal, I think of crap like Slayer, and if I just randomly heard the song you posted, I don't know what I'd call it, but I wouldn't label it "metal."
But this is why labels suck, they just lead to confusion. Down with labels! Down with nouns!
Crap like Slayer? WTF?
You sir are a communist.
SpeedJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #82
tbone616

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDEtj View Post
To some maybe. I personaly listen to music because of the sound of the song (for the most part) that's why it's called music. There are songs out there that i'm told are "short of brilliant" but that i can't stand because of the way it sounds. If i cared more for the lyrical aspect i would just read the lyrics, or a poem or a book for that matter. There are some absolutly nonsencical songs that i like only because they have a sweet guitar riff or a good beat (ie. Primus-Wynonas Big Brown Beaver) the lyrics are secondary. But if they have both great, to each there own i suppose.
tbone616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #83
TheDragonfly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooblyGoob View Post
It seems the problem is not in our opinions, but in my understanding of the word "metal."
You see, when I think if metal, I think of crap like Slayer, and if I just randomly heard the song you posted, I don't know what I'd call it, but I wouldn't label it "metal."
But this is why labels suck, they just lead to confusion. Down with labels! Down with nouns!
Slayer is "thrash metal", which is solely about fast tempo and aggression.
I was pointing out that not all metal bands play songs that are always in your face screaming and anger. The song itself, may not be metal, but the band is overall a metal band. In there other songs you can see how they are metal.
YouTube - Opeth - Reverie/Harlequin Forest

I like labels. It lets you know right away which bands I will like, and which I wont. You just have to know the differences between labels
TheDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #84
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aontkos View Post
My list would be endless, I can't even think of where to start.

AC/DC.
X2, I can't stand ac/dc
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Justin bieber.
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #85
DirtRooster
2005 TJ Wrangler 

as if people need more reason to bit** about useless things

[COLOR="Red"]05 RED TJ[/COLOR]
DirtRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #86
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

U2... I HATE U2... vomit

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #87
TheDragonfly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Trans Siberian Orchestra .... ugh.
How can you hate Christmas music? Your getting coal for sure.
TheDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #88
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aontkos View Post
Dillinger Escape Plan fan?
Im a fan of Dillinger, they put on a damn good live show.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #89
propped1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl48 View Post
The Beatles were the beginning of the end. Actually, music had been going down hill since Buddy Holly died.
^^This is horse ****.

Without the current progression of rock music, Lamb of God would not have 3 discs of theirs in my 6 disc changer in my dash right now... I don't know what I would do w/o their delicious brand of metal.

Agree with previous statements that the Beatles suck. I take offense that some said AC/DC. Thats unfathomable to me. Black Sabbath are the real fathers of rock.

Here is my list:

Beatles, Rush, U2, Greenday, papa roach, shinedown, nickelback, creed, almost all 80's glam rock bands, matchbox 20, third eye blind, jimmy buffet, phish, barenaked ladies, john mayer, justin beiber, etc.
-OlllllllO]
(o)_) (o)_)o-)_)
propped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #90
jbrem
2005 WK 

The Beatles, Nickelback, Hinder, AC/DC, OZZY OSBOURNE. I cannot stand Ozzy.
jbrem is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.