Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Popular Bands that you think suck

34K views 172 replies 97 participants last post by  dooboy2112 
#1 ·
After reading the "Popular movies that you think sucked'' thread, I thought about overrated stuff and got me thinking about bands.

For me, The Beatles. I can't stand them. I'm pretty open minded about music but i really cannot see the appeal of their music.

#13 ·
Oh my science...

too many to list.

#89 ·
The Beatles were the beginning of the end. Actually, music had been going down hill since Buddy Holly died.
^^This is horse ****.

Without the current progression of rock music, Lamb of God would not have 3 discs of theirs in my 6 disc changer in my dash right now... I don't know what I would do w/o their delicious brand of metal.

Agree with previous statements that the Beatles suck. I take offense that some said AC/DC. Thats unfathomable to me. Black Sabbath are the real fathers of rock.

Here is my list:

Beatles, Rush, U2, Greenday, papa roach, shinedown, nickelback, creed, almost all 80's glam rock bands, matchbox 20, third eye blind, jimmy buffet, phish, barenaked ladies, john mayer, justin beiber, etc.

#96 ·
okay i cant stand elivis. he could not sing or act in my book.
Agreed.

Lil' Wayne X 1,000,000!

Oh, and a few years back, Hurricane Chris. "A bay bay" sooo annoying!
Agreed.
metalica sucks...
I agree to an extent, there's a few songs that I kinda like. But for the most part it just feels like generic rock and roll that I'd hear while I'm on hold with some metal fabrication company or something.
Led Zepplin
Nirvana
I actually almost got in a fight in High School for saying Kurt Cobain was a drugged up nothing. The guy was way to passionate about Nirvana.
Trans Siberian Orchestra .... ugh.
Agreed. They played them every year when I worked at Six Flags. So annoying.

Terrible = Atreyu
Excellent = Sevendust.

Just one opinion I hold.
Atreyu had one album I liked, Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses. But other then that I can't stand them

Whoa. whoa whoa...:laugh:

The Beatles created not only a genre of music, they were the inspiration for so many of even today's bands. They stretched music from pop to rock to psychedelic rock, invented several recording techniques, and the lyrical talent and imagination of Lennon/McCartney has never been matched.

Just defending my fav band ever :thumbsup: My wife isnt too jazzed about them either but does enjoy the later stuff.
Meh, it's the same stuff I hear about Nirvana and Kurt Cobain.

U2... I HATE U2... vomit
I don't know why I didn't say them in the OP. I hate them with a passion.
OZZY OSBOURNE. I cannot stand Ozzy.
Me too. The only song I can like is Crazy Train, but that's overplayed even today.

#42 ·
Yes I did, I left out ALOT of genres I like heh... (Progressive, gore grind, folk metal, viking metal, blackened death metal, melodic death metal, technical death metal, thrash metal, speed metal, crust, avant garde, jazz fusion metal, doom metal, and power metal... just off the top of my head):cheers2:
We would get alot very well on a roadtrip :cheers:

#45 ·
Pretty much all rap is awful. As a joke, myself and three other high-class white boys, made a 4 track rap demo in an afternoon to prove how easy and cliche it was. Well People liked it and took it completely seriously. We had to take down the myspace page because so many record companies were sending us messages :Laughing:

#49 ·
duuude I did something very similar lol, my cousin got into rapping all of the sudden, him and his friends record crap all the time. So I made my own beat and rap to show how easy and stupid it is and they thought it was good

#52 ·
Led Zepplin
Nirvana
Kenny mother ****ing G

I don't know much of what is being played on mainstream now. I got an HD receiver in the car and now all I bother to listen to is the classic country station with no commercials (not XM/Sirius, most radio stations around here have 2-3 stations per frequency). I don't think they play anything newer than about 1979.

#53 ·
County Clerk: Many acts have come through: Icecapades, Tiny Toons, Kenny G.

Garth: Kenny G?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.