The Photography Questions Thread - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > The Photography Questions Thread

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #121
AlTheKillerr

look on the last page and youll see a 100% crop. not sure what aperture

AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #122
AlTheKillerr

yeah ill have to give nikon a call on monday and see what they say. i didnt think it was normal since like you said they are evenly spaced and a pixel in size. that kinda pisses me off. ive had this camera just a few months and its sensor is messed up. :
Unread 03-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #123
UPSucks
GO BIG RED!

2006 LJ Wrangler 

So I got Photoshop Elements 6.0 today for my birthday. I want to install it on my laptop so I don't have to go upstairs all the time to edit my pics like I do now.

My problem is that I can't get the thing to work. I click on it, it basically does nothing. When I look at the task manager it doesn't say it is there as an application, but it is under the process tab. WTF? I've searched the web but nobody has any fixes for it,,,,jut a lot of people with the same problem? This sucks. I appreciate it if anyone knows a fix for this. I am headed upstairs to load it on my desktop......
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #124
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
yeah ill have to give nikon a call on monday and see what they say. i didnt think it was normal since like you said they are evenly spaced and a pixel in size. that kinda pisses me off. ive had this camera just a few months and its sensor is messed up. :

What camera do you have? I thought I heard you say D40x at some point but I wasnt sure.

I bought a D40x a couple months ago and really dont want it to **** the bed on me.
jeeptillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:39 PM   #125
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSucks View Post
So I got Photoshop Elements 6.0 today for my birthday. I want to install it on my laptop so I don't have to go upstairs all the time to edit my pics like I do now.

My problem is that I can't get the thing to work. I click on it, it basically does nothing. When I look at the task manager it doesn't say it is there as an application, but it is under the process tab. WTF? I've searched the web but nobody has any fixes for it,,,,jut a lot of people with the same problem? This sucks. I appreciate it if anyone knows a fix for this. I am headed upstairs to load it on my desktop......
Have you checked out

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=kb402597

I upgraded to 5.0 when I went to Vista, and also installed 5.0 on my XP (both machines are laptops) w/o issues. Sorry, haven't any personal experience with 6.0. Maybe the troubleshooting site will help? (I'm assuming you've checked the minimum requirements for running the software - such as XPSP2, and minimal RAM, etc).

"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels. - Frank Sinatra

"When the last Blackhawk helicopter goes to the boneyard, it will be on a sling under a Huey." - Every Huey pilot that lived through it.

'95 YJ, '00 XJ, '06 TJ, (Current:) '08 XK
FmrVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #126
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptillidie View Post
What camera do you have? I thought I heard you say D40x at some point but I wasnt sure.

I bought a D40x a couple months ago and really dont want it to **** the bed on me.
D40 so im pretty sure that our CCDs are completely different but id check your pictures every so often
Unread 03-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #127
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
D40 so im pretty sure that our CCDs are completely different but id check your pictures every so often

Yeah they are completely different. But if it can happen to a 40 it can happen to a 40x im sure.
Unread 03-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #128
AlTheKillerr

yeah. im still pissed about it. its only like 4-6 months old :
Unread 03-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #129
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah. im still pissed about it. its only like 4-6 months old :

Is your 55-200 the VR lens?
Unread 03-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #130
AlTheKillerr

no. it would have cost way to much plus i need to reteach myself to have a steady hand again.
Unread 03-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #131
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Alright guys, I'm shooting a Canon 30D. Couple different lenses, but regardless of the lens the same thing is going on which makes me believe its a sensor issue. The marking just in front of the driver's side mirror is in many of my shots. Always in the same spot, but the tone of that area does make a difference as to whether it is there or not in that image. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 07:44 PM   #132
AlTheKillerr

could you post a 100% crop of that area?
Unread 03-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #133
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirt View Post
Yeah, it happens. Perhaps your body slipped through the quality control. Regardless, send it in and see what they say.
yeah im deffinately sending it in.
Unread 03-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #134
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here you go, the camera is about 2 years old and I take amazing care of it. I've run the system's sensor cleaning, and it seems to help some. However, after a while it appears to reappear until I run the cleaning again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:06 AM   #135
Wamp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hills TJ View Post
Here you go, the camera is about 2 years old and I take amazing care of it. I've run the system's sensor cleaning, and it seems to help some. However, after a while it appears to reappear until I run the cleaning again.

That looks like a piece of dust on the CCD. Set the shutter speed to Bulb. Once this is done, depress the shutter release, which pops the mirror up out of the way. Use a blower bulb to carefully blow air on the CCD. I do this about once a month for dust.
Nikon does not recommend this BTW. Just something I have always done.
Wamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.