The Photography Questions Thread - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > The Photography Questions Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #166
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
i just want to make sure before i get the D80 and im sure it will but will my Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX lens work with it?
Should work just fine:

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29640

Are you getting the kit lens with it too?

"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels. - Frank Sinatra

"When the last Blackhawk helicopter goes to the boneyard, it will be on a sling under a Huey." - Every Huey pilot that lived through it.

'95 YJ, '00 XJ, '06 TJ, (Current:) '08 XK
FmrVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #167
AlTheKillerr

im trying to find it with just the 18-55mm so its alittle cheaper than the 18-135mm. but i may get just the body but im not sure
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #168
AlTheKillerr

well i went body only and shell be here somewhere between the 16th-23rd. cant wait!!
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #169
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
well i went body only and shell be here somewhere between the 16th-23rd. cant wait!!
Were you looking at the 18-55 3.5 -5.6?

They're going for about 50 bucks on E-Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKON-AF-S-18-55...QQcmdZViewItem

I see you're a photog student - if you stick with the 55-200 mm that's the 35mm equiv of @ 80-300; don't ya think you're really going to need something wider?

Tell ya what I'm going to do.

Shoot me a p.m. with your address.

I'll send you my 18-55 from my D70S. No charge.

How's that for Jeeper solidarity?

I don't use the lens anymore and it's taking up space in my bag.

No filter, but I'll include front 'n rear end caps.

"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels. - Frank Sinatra

"When the last Blackhawk helicopter goes to the boneyard, it will be on a sling under a Huey." - Every Huey pilot that lived through it.

Unread 04-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #170
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

Sigh. Somebody talk me down from the ledge .

The Yankee Dollar is headed south; Nikon is building (and selling) 70,000 D300 bodies a month; they aren't being discounted...and there may be a price increase in May.

Sigh.

For three days I've been hounding reviews and websites looking at that thing.

Tonight I came with a heartbeat of going over to my favorite camera shop to get some 'hands on' experience...but traffic was backed up on the freeway so I got a reprieve.

$1800 bucks for a camera body...

I gotta be outta my mind.

Sigh

Unread 04-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #171
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
i just want to make sure before i get the D80 and im sure it will but will my Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX lens work with it?
Found the site I was looking for earlier.

Check out:

http://www.aiconversions.com/compatibilitytable.htm

Unread 04-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #172
AlTheKillerr

thanks! pm sent back at ya

also thanks for the link

Unread 04-14-2008, 09:51 AM   #173
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

My D300 should arrive tomorrow.

Sigh.

I'm outta my mind...

Unread 04-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #174
Wamp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FmrVette View Post
My D300 should arrive tomorrow.

Sigh.

I'm outta my mind...
Good for you.
I'm going to try one out tonight at a minor league baseball game. I hear the quality at high ISOs is amazingly good.
Wamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #175
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwampler View Post
Good for you.
I'm going to try one out tonight at a minor league baseball game. I hear the quality at high ISOs is amazingly good.
Post pics!

I was on the fence - these things cost more than a "prosumer" camera should, and the rumor was that the price will go up in May (although that's just a rumor ) due to the falling U.S. dollar. I've been waiting for the price drop since last fall - and now they may go UP???

The D200 was on my short list, but everybody I spoke to said that the D300 is so far above the D200 that it's worth the leap.

I mighta been better off buying new glass for my D70S .

But it should keep me busy for awhile - the user manual is 400 pages...

I gotta be outta my mind...

Unread 04-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #176
Wamp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FmrVette View Post
Post pics!
I'll put some up tonight.
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #177
AlTheKillerr

looking foward to seeing pics from both of you

D300
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #178
UPSucks
GO BIG RED!

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Al If I win the lottery you and I will both have D300's and a nice set of lenses to go with them! I hear you have to play if you want to win. The most I've won playing the Mega Millions is three bucks though! I've put a lot more into it than that though!

JT I'm guessing you get to go where they let the press photographers go? I'd love to shoot from a better perspective like that during a game. My son starts baseball this weekend. It will be the first time I get to shoot him with my d40. Last year I had my sony p&s and took some decent pictures. I am really excited! The first few games are coach pitch though. The best shots from last year are when my son was pitching. Those are the ones that I am really looking forward to this year.

Got any tips on shooting sports? Especially eight year olds!
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #179
AlTheKillerr

ive been trying to win the colorado power ball as well. last time it was at 275 million. if i would have won that everyone on here would have gotten something. i think its back at 80 million which i would love to have hell i wouldnt mind winning 10 bucks
Unread 04-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #180
Wamp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSucks View Post

JT I'm guessing you get to go where they let the press photographers go? I'd love to shoot from a better perspective like that during a game. My son starts baseball this weekend.
The photo wells at the minor league park suck so I usually try to find an empty seat or shoot from the concourse. My favorite spot is in the front row behind the first base line dugout and from behind home plate. Sometimes I set up a remote camera on the third base line somewhere.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.