The Photography Questions Thread - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > The Photography Questions Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% off

Unread 03-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #136
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
why the hell am i getting this purple haze (hendrix reference ) in my photos?

You might find this informative:

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...camera-le.html

(No, I don't have an interest in the website; the guy is just knowledgeable and I like the way he writes ).

The whole article is a bit long, but worth the read.

"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels. - Frank Sinatra

"When the last Blackhawk helicopter goes to the boneyard, it will be on a sling under a Huey." - Every Huey pilot that lived through it.

'95 YJ, '00 XJ, '06 TJ, (Current:) '08 XK

Last edited by FmrVette; 03-17-2008 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: exp. a bit more.
FmrVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #137
AlTheKillerr

awesome thanks for the link
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #138
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
awesome thanks for the link
No problem on the referral, it's my favorite blog.

My problem is, those cats are always about 12 rungs above the ladder I'm clinging to . But I'm learning a bit and often it's fun to read.

(And I need serious psychological help. I've got a bid in at B&H photo to trade in my perfectly usable D70s on a D200. Lord, what am I thinking? Jeeps and cameras. I should just take up an inexpensive hobby, like collecting aircraft carriers...).

Sigh.

"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels. - Frank Sinatra

"When the last Blackhawk helicopter goes to the boneyard, it will be on a sling under a Huey." - Every Huey pilot that lived through it.

Unread 03-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #139
AlTheKillerr

being a college student only making 8 bucks an hour its hard to keep up with my jeep and photography. i want to get into shooting a longbow again but i dont think i can afford a third hobby
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #140
UPSucks
GO BIG RED!

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah,,,,wheelin', photography, video games, and softball right now for me. They are all friggin expensive!
Unread 03-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #141
fundabug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hills TJ View Post
Here you go, the camera is about 2 years old and I take amazing care of it. I've run the system's sensor cleaning, and it seems to help some. However, after a while it appears to reappear until I run the cleaning again.

That's IS without a doubt dust on your low pass filter. I don't recommend blowers because it just blows the dust around to settle in another place. Plus if you've never cleaned your low pass filter, then that spot probably came with the camera and the little gears and such splatter factory lubricants around the inside of the camera body when it's new. I'm not a fan of blowers, although I do own one, but it's never gotten my sensor really clean. I use the Copperhill Cleaning Method. It's a wet cleaning method, but it DOES work!!!!!! The first few times are nerve racking.....kinda like brain surgery, but once you get the hang of it.....it's only mildly annoying. The guys at Copperhill Images are quick to get back to you and talk you through the process if you have any trouble.....Like I did. Once you get it right your sensor will be cleaner that it was the day you bought your camera! The best test to see how dirty your sensor (low pass filter) is, is to stop your camera down to f22 or tighter and take a picture of the sky. You'll really be surprised at how much dust you have. Check out copperhillimages.com

2004 Wrangler X 4.0 I6 Solar Yellow

OK, so I messed up the quote in my sig....I was probably on the downhill side of a few beers when I did it......Somebody say something funny so I can get a new one.
fundabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #142
Rezneck
1984 CJ7 

I've been watching lenses on ebay. I think I understand when something is described as, "no fungus".

What does it mean when a lens is described as having "no oil'?
Is there a seal someplace inside that can leak oil?
If a lens has oil, is it readily repairable?
Is there another online site with lenses for sale besides ebay?

48 CJ-2A, Bone stock except it has Allstate locking hubs.
86 CJ-7, 4.0 HO, AX-15, D-30, AMC-20
84 CJ-7, YJ tub and fenders, 258 ci, T-176, D-30, D-44 Trutracs F/R, 4.27s, 33s
77-90ish Wagoneer/TJ/CJ Yard Sale Special, 360AMC, TH400, Quadratrac, D-44s F/R, 3.07s, 34" LTBs.
Rezneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #143
AlTheKillerr

you could try craigslist as well for lenses. ive never heard the term no fungus before
Unread 03-31-2008, 05:33 PM   #144
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimmy View Post
I've been watching lenses on ebay. I think I understand when something is described as, "no fungus".

What does it mean when a lens is described as having "no oil'?
Is there a seal someplace inside that can leak oil?
If a lens has oil, is it readily repairable?
Is there another online site with lenses for sale besides ebay?
"A lens that has been subject to extreme heat can develop an oily aperture. Grease from the focus gear liquifies in the heat and works its way centrally into the aperture area where it wreaks havoc."

Source: http://reviews.ebay.com/How-To-Detec...00000001005542

Just a personal opinion, I'd stay away from lenses that have oil, or fungus, or creep, or...and or...and or .

B&H has an excellent reputation and sells used gear out of New York:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/catego...Equipment.html

I've dealt with them and have had good service. (Although my recent attempt to trade in my D70s on a new D200 was less than a rousing success, much to the relief of my wife ).

http://www.keh.com/onlinestore/home.aspx has an excellent reputation but I've not personally dealt with them yet.

Whaddya lookin' for?

Unread 03-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #145
AlTheKillerr

got some fun news, my brother in law works for dell in the sales department and is going to get me a sweet deal on a D80

if you want i can see what kind of deal he can get you for the D200
Unread 03-31-2008, 07:08 PM   #146
FmrVette

2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
got some fun news, my brother in law works for dell in the sales department and is going to get me a sweet deal on a D80

if you want i can see what kind of deal he can get you for the D200
Congratulations! One of my kids has the D80 and loves it.

Thanks for the offer on checking on a D200 - but I promised the hunny that I'd hold off until I get the flooring in her home office replaced .

She's been pretty patient (I got the 18-200 VR zoom and the Canon G9 since January) but she's about all done with me getting new gear . When B&H lowballed my trade I took it as a sign from the divorce lawyer gods and ordered in the wood flooring she wants .

I think, in the interest of domestic tranquility, that I'll stick with the D70s for awhile longer this year.

I but I really do appreciate the offer!

If you decide on the D80, post some pics!

edit - have you decided on lenses for the '80?

Unread 03-31-2008, 07:12 PM   #147
AlTheKillerr

i think you made a wise choice to wait on getting a new camera

when i went on the dell website to see if they had nikon stuff i only found the kits being sold instead of just the body however jarrod (my brother in law) said that if other places sell just bodies then they can too. hes suppose to check into it today or tomorrow.
Unread 04-09-2008, 12:27 AM   #148
AlTheKillerr

well my D40 is sold and i shall be getting a D80 in a few days
Unread 04-09-2008, 04:17 AM   #149
Wamp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My boss told me a few days ago that my D300 is on the way. I get to keep my D2hs as well. It will be cool to shoot two cameras again.
Wamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #150
AlTheKillerr

that would be nice. maybe one day ill be able to have a bunch of cameras

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.